Is having an invisble shield an aspie trait?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2006, 8:13 pm

I always use to have this invisble psycological shield. I could understand social cues but block them out and not have them affect me unless i wanted them to. gave me this great understanding of social stuff and let me maninpulate nts around me. it was something i could almost see, kept everone else out and me in. though it would occasionally open up and i would latch on to someone and form this tight bond.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2006, 8:19 pm

hyperion wrote:
I always use to have this invisble psycological shield. I could understand social cues but block them out and not have them affect me unless i wanted them to. gave me this great understanding of social stuff and let me maninpulate nts around me. it was something i could almost see, kept everone else out and me in. though it would occasionally open up and i would latch on to someone and form this tight bond.

I'm not manipulative, but I think I know what you're getting at.

I do, too. But it's usually because of love shyness.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2006, 8:51 pm

I created my "invisible shield"--which I always visualized as a sphere of blue energy--while going through some tough times, being bullied by my stepdad. I would tell myself that nothing could get through the shield and affect me, that I was perfectly alone and safe inside it.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Deccajay
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2006, 9:27 pm

ah to walk threw a room and not be noticed........and some times wish you would be.

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 4:29 am

Beeen there, dooone that...

'Tis munny in my purse.

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 12:39 pm

No. I have always felt that I lacked a shield. I feel more exposed and vulnerable that other (NT) people seem to feel. I feel that people can reach into me with their eyes and violate me.

HiImBitch
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Oct 2006, 2:22 pm

scrulie wrote:
No. I have always felt that I lacked a shield. I feel more exposed and vulnerable that other (NT) people seem to feel. I feel that people can reach into me with their eyes and violate me.

Me too, I have this paranoid feeling that people can read what's on my mind or what's really going on in my life. It's like I have to put up defense mechanims or shy away from people so they don't get to know the real me and then dislike me.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 5:16 pm

I surround myself with an invisible Shield, every time that I walk into town. It's a metellic blue one, and it protects me from the abuse that the younger people hurl at me, due to my weight and clothes.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 5:20 pm

I do it.

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 5:44 pm

my own mom, not to mention the occasional friend, has walked right past me, looked at me, and not had it register that it's me.
Didn't do anything to my self-esteem, thankfully.

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 5:50 pm

I guess I've always had some kind of shield I subconciously put up around people. Only thing is that it oftentimes has the opposite affect on crazy weirdos out on the street.

To people who are "normal", it's like I'm invisible when I'm out. But the pervert or mentally ill homeless person babbling to himself about aliens is attracted to me like a magnet. I swear if there are 40 other women around, they will single me out as the one they mess with. :?

Steve_Cory
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 6:39 pm

The shield these days, for me, is becoming emotionless, or at least supressing emotion as best as I can.

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 6:42 pm

nirrti_rachelle wrote:
I guess I've always had some kind of shield I subconciously put up around people. Only thing is that it oftentimes has the opposite affect on crazy weirdos out on the street.

To people who are "normal", it's like I'm invisible when I'm out. But the pervert or mentally ill homeless person babbling to himself about aliens is attracted to me like a magnet. I swear if there are 40 other women around, they will single me out as the one they mess with. :?

Ditto. Except for me the ones who mess with me will probably be men.

'Tis munny in my purse.