Buford ate a fat root 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Buford ate a rat chute 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Buford ate a rat chute 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 16

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2005, 10:30 am

I just received word that my company will hire me from the temp agency and train me to be a machinst.

I was on the verge of catastrospe after my first week of full time school/work when I finally summoned up the courage to ask my boss if I could work directly for the company (instead of through the temp agency) and he told me I could do so, and I could be a machinist/maintenance man if I wanted to. Right now I am in maintenance and I really like my job.

But there is no health care for temps, and the pay is somewhat lower (although a very high 9.90$ for me, who does second shift). With health care, I can get out of my mothers program which requires that I be in school full time. I don't have enough classes left to do school full time, so I picked some "easy" classes, which, unfortantly, require me to wake up rather early. Lack of sleep can turn my stablity into a malestorm of irritablity and rage.

Once I get in the company proper, I will be able to quit my extranous classes and releive some of the load on myself. I was being torn apart by forces beyond my ablilty to control (present demands of health care, and future demands of money for college) and now it seems the seas have parted for me.

I survive on hope. Hope is what drives me to keep trying; hope for independent living, hope for a job where my talents and skills are accepted and encouraged. Hope for a life unhindered by the deadweight of the past.

All I had to do was ask, "If I wanted to work for the company directly, what would I do?" and I did so. Despite my outward apperance, eccentricties, disorganization and quietness, they said I was a good and competent worker (true), of the sort they were desperate for, and that they were willing to train me to become a machinist, one of the highest paying jobs on the factory floor.

I have recieved (or about to) all that I had needed and hoped for, and I, weary from the long week, am feeling if I had triumphed over everything.

In the past, where I should, must have failed, I found or was given a way to overcome. Events like these make me wonder of the provident hand of a supreme being.

I'm still somewhat in shock at all these events.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2005, 10:37 am

Prometheus, that's great! :D The less stress the better.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2005, 10:38 am

great news, prometheus!

and i don't care what you ate ;)

:D

monastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2005, 11:47 am

WOOOHOOO!! !

Fantastic News! I'm so very happy for you :D

In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act. - George Orwell

magic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2005, 12:06 pm

Yes, really great news! Thanks for sharing your happiness with us (it is infectious!) :D

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2005, 10:06 pm

What does any of this have to do with Buford?

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2005, 10:32 pm

That is wonderful news! Thanks for letting us know.

:D

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2005, 11:07 am

BTW, Congratulations, but...

Please tell me what the Buford thing is about.

I had a cat named Zachy, and I had rhymes about him like the one about Buford. It was before I was diagnosed. It drove people crazy, but I thought it was harmless and fun: He's a Zach cat, snack attack, cadillac, pack rat, paddywhack, black cat, etc.

I think I just like to hear the sound of it. Now that I am older I am told more often that it bothers people.

Is there some term for this?

if you are going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2005, 11:10 am

Neuroman wrote:

Is there some term for this?

It's called crappitus rhymeatism.

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2005, 11:18 am

Buford ate a fat boot.

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2005, 1:50 pm

Quote:
Please tell me what the Buford thing is about.

/me watches the crowd of eager, excited people just salviating to know what Buford is.

Ok, I read all of the Buford Ate. . . . things in "Dave Barry's Bad Habits". I couldn't get them out of my head!! !! !! ! They are used to give the go for a Nuclear missle lanch (Buford Ate a fat newt) and to order the forces to stand down (Buford ate a Bat Suit)

Funny, odd and quite strange. In other words, absolutely perfect for an odd poll.

I acutally came up with "Buford ate a rat chute" on my own.

Quote:
I had a cat named Zachy, and I had rhymes about him like the one about Buford. It was before I was diagnosed. It drove people crazy, but I thought it was harmless and fun: He's a Zach cat, snack attack, cadillac, pack rat, paddywhack, black cat, etc.

I think this might be related to eccoholia. I do the same thing;

*coming out of the night, at the speed of light

*Divine secrets of the ** ** sisterhood (This one drives me so nuts it reduces me to tears)

*Cutsy dog, wog, cog, mog, gog, etc. . . .

Its kinda fun. . . . .

Ghosthunter
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2005, 7:06 pm

[quote='Prometheus"]
Phoenix
Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: I'm so happy I can't believe it!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just received word that my company will hire me from the temp agency and train me to be a machinst.

I was on the verge of catastrospe after my first week of full time school/work when I finally summoned up the courage to ask my boss if I could work directly for the company (instead of through the temp agency) and he told me I could do so, and I could be a machinist/maintenance man if I wanted to. Right now I am in maintenance and I really like my job.

But there is no health care for temps, and the pay is somewhat lower (although a very high 9.90$ for me, who does second shift). With health care, I can get out of my mothers program which requires that I be in school full time. I don't have enough classes left to do school full time, so I picked some "easy" classes, which, unfortantly, require me to wake up rather early. Lack of sleep can turn my stablity into a malestorm of irritablity and rage.

Once I get in the company proper, I will be able to quit my extranous classes and releive some of the load on myself. I was being torn apart by forces beyond my ablilty to control (present demands of health care, and future demands of money for college) and now it seems the seas have parted for me.

I survive on hope. Hope is what drives me to keep trying; hope for independent living, hope for a job where my talents and skills are accepted and encouraged. Hope for a life unhindered by the deadweight of the past.

All I had to do was ask, "If I wanted to work for the company directly, what would I do?" and I did so. Despite my outward apperance, eccentricties, disorganization and quietness, they said I was a good and competent worker (true), of the sort they were desperate for, and that they were willing to train me to become a machinist, one of the highest paying jobs on the factory floor.

I have recieved (or about to) all that I had needed and hoped for, and I, weary from the long week, am feeling if I had triumphed over everything.

In the past, where I should, must have failed, I found or was given a way to overcome. Events like these make me wonder of the provident hand of a supreme being.

I'm still somewhat in shock at all these events.

I now how you strive to be independent, and I am impressed
and you employers could see your strengths.

I must say congradualtions.

What saddens me is the reality that I am not able to
see this since of security at 39. Sigh!

Awesome!

Sincerely,
Ghosthunter

P.S...I forgot what your degree was in?