Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Dreamslost
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Mar 2012, 1:35 am

I have had many good and bad nick names and descriptives used about me but my youngest sister who first observed and suggested i had Asperger due to things i had said and that i was looking for answers and she said my brain just operates on a different OS = operating system from the rest of humanity and i instinctively grabbed it because it fits very well. my brain is like a linux while most of humanity is Windows or Mac. I like the analogy a whole bunch because it doesnt take much to see how it fits. :D :D :wink: :idea: Does anyone else get likeable descriptives as well as the bad? :idea: :?: Post the descriptives you liked or hated :?:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2012, 1:53 am

speaking of different OS, i long have believed that my brain is akin to a 286 sans maths coprocessor, trapped in this world of multithreading pentiums all dodging and swerving 'round me like a deer in the headlights in the middle of the road.. :oops: IOW it doesn't even do windows most of the time. but i can't blame it because i don't do windows either, if i can help it. it is easier to curse the cloudy view outside than to get up on a ladder and wipe the damned things clean. this probably didn't make sense to anybody else besides me, and i'm not so sure about the me part. :duh:

Jtuk
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2012, 5:32 am

auntblabby wrote:
speaking of different OS, i long have believed that my brain is akin to a 286 sans maths coprocessor, trapped in this world of multithreading pentiums all dodging and swerving 'round me like a deer in the headlights in the middle of the road.. :oops: IOW it doesn't even do windows most of the time. but i can't blame it because i don't do windows either, if i can help it. it is easier to curse the cloudy view outside than to get up on a ladder and wipe the damned things clean. this probably didn't make sense to anybody else besides me, and i'm not so sure about the me part. :duh:

Might be worth turning off your turbo button :)

Jason

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2012, 6:08 am

Jtuk wrote:
Might be worth turning off your turbo button :)

gee :o
i actually have one of those? i figured it fell off somewhere along the line, but not before being stuck in the slow position.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2012, 8:12 am

for its sheer simplicity, I always liked:

'Like an African American at a Klu Klux Klan rally'

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2012, 10:14 am

^^^
like a long-tailed cat stuck in a room full of rocking chairs.

the_beautiful_mess
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Mar 2012, 10:22 am

I was nicknamed Nick, because at school I was told I was 'One sandwich short of a picnic'. It was taunted at me a lot, then one day my brother gave me a card with a picture of a sandwich in it that had a magnet on the back so I could stick it on my locker, and in the card it said 'Now you don't need to worry about being one short of a picnic'.

I lost that name a while ago, and now most people do just call me Hannie (my name) but I'm still sometimes called 'Nestles' because someone once commented that when I was wearing my straw sunhat and tried my friends glasses on I looked like the Milky Bar kid, and mily bar is made by the Nestle company. :lol:

'I sometimes go to my own little world, but that's okay, they know me there.' ~ Joel Hodgson

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2012, 1:21 pm

I like the cat in a world of dogs description.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2012, 1:37 pm

my daughter calls me Sheldon (from Big Bang Theory), which is cool. and my ex-husband calls me R2D2, heh.

when referring to Asperger's Syndrome itself, my boyfriend called it "lightly salted autism" which i really liked.

Dreamslost
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Mar 2012, 7:41 pm

I almost think we could label this aspie humor, it may be a bit off but so far i am smiling and chuckling i think relating to pc os works well even if a bit off base it feels right on in ways that defy words but may help explaining to others that may go further to causing a smile then the negatives we deal with almost daily. but i should say i like my certified wierd card