No 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Don't know 31%  31%  [ 8 ]
What's that? 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 26

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 8:05 am

Along with my Asperger's diagnosis, I was told that I have Dyspraxia. Here is a good list of the symptoms:
Klick me! (though I think they got quite a few Asperger symptoms in there)

Basically it means your balance, motor skills and coordination are bad, and it has some other symptoms as well, like being bad at maths or writing.

Do you have it?

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 8:10 am

I have some problems in this direction, like problems with my handwriting as a child or catching a ball and stuff, but besides that I don't have dyspraxia.

But many autistics have it though.

morslilleole
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 9:49 am

Whoahh... Never read the list of symptoms. And almost all of them apply to me, some to a large degree.After reading the list I think I may have it...

ElGallifrey
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Jan 2013, 10:05 am

I have dyspraxia, I had to be put in modified physical education classes because of it.

Kalika
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Jan 2013, 11:10 am

Some of those symptoms apply to me, so I think it's possible that I do have it. (can't remember that it was ever mentioned as a possible diagnosis though)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 1:53 pm

My mom says I grew out of it despite I had a hard time with warm ups in sports and PE. But they were easier when I walked on the tread mill throughout the school year so it helped with my balance. But I think I don't really have it anymore because I don't fall and stumble into things and I am not very clumsy anymore. I still do sometimes but everyone does so I see that as normal. I do meet some of the symptoms on the list but symptoms do overlap.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 2:02 pm

Yeah, I'm clumsy. But I can walk gracefully now; I've had a lot of practice. I can even ride a bike (learned at 12 years old or so), drive a car (age 25), and run without falling (early 20s). I still get writer's cramp when I write but my handwriting is neat. I prefer to type. I have good fine-motor skills, but any large-scale movements are chancy.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 3:46 pm

No i don't have Dyspraxia.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 3:52 pm

My clumsiness appears when I am not paying attention to what movements I am making, which is most of the time when I am not focused on doing something. When I am focused, motor problems disappear. I used to have severe motor problems when I was a kid, e.g. dropping objects as soon as I picked them up and falling over often, but even then, I had a couple of motor peaks in drawing/writing and biking/skating.

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 3:52 pm

I may have it mildly since my balance and motor coordination are slightly off and I required tutoring for algebra when I was a kid. When I was a young kid my handwriting was decent and I could be neat also, it just took me some time. Now I write rather sloppily if I write quickly and I prefer typing. When I have tried to downhill ski several years ago it was not fun at all and I could not catch on so maybe it is partly due to poor balance.