Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 6:49 pm

Does anyone here daydream a lot, to the point where they have complex story lines and characters with complete histories in them?

Cutlass_Jack
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Feb 2012, 6:56 pm

I do it all the time and I love it. :P Nothing like getting lost in my own little world.

Frankie_J
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Feb 2012, 7:00 pm

Yes. Constantly. When I have a spare moment my mind is away. It happens a lot in bed, on the train/bus, walking and moving and most commonly while listening to music. Whatever song is on triggers some kind of 'movie trailer' in my head. I come up with these different characters based from myself. They're like me, but enhanced. Sometimes when the song is really intense in whatever way I just stop what I'm doing and stare into space in this massive ocean of my imagination. Sometimes I also narrate my life in my head as if I'm reading it as an audiobook or documentary. I guess it's common to have such an active imagination if you're creative.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 7:00 pm

Constantly. At least once a day I "wake up" and realize I've been daydreaming for the last hour or more.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 7:18 pm

Daydreaming is pretty much my life. I love daydreaming about my favorite fictional characters, like about them going on adventures together and getting into relationships with each other (and sometimes even what their children would be like if they had any). I also daydream about me hanging out with those characters. I imagine them rejoicing with me when I'm happy, and comforting/encouraging me when I'm sad, angry or scared.

I've done all of this ever since I was a child. The only thing that really changes is which characters I daydream about, because they change to reflect my special interests. I've been daydreaming about my favorite characters from Tim Burton movies for the past 2 years, and they were joined by the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic characters as of 3 months ago.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 7:26 pm

I do some, yeah.

On a side note, I was wondering where you were Bumble. I hadn't seen you around lately and thought maybe you went on a road trip or were having connection problems or something. I was actually thinking about you just a few minutes ago while I was making pudding and thought "I should look and see if Bumble has posted lately, I haven't seen her". Glad to see you're still here.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 7:54 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
I do some, yeah.

On a side note, I was wondering where you were Bumble. I hadn't seen you around lately and thought maybe you went on a road trip or were having connection problems or something. I was actually thinking about you just a few minutes ago while I was making pudding and thought "I should look and see if Bumble has posted lately, I haven't seen her". Glad to see you're still here.

I have been focusing on my college work, but also I have been dealing with antidepressant withdrawal. I am trying to wean off them because they give me too many mood swings, which have settled down now I have reduced the dosage (I think it was a bit strong for me as I am sensitive to medications). I am still on a low dose as I was getting withdrawal symptoms (strange ones) so went back on them. Bizarre itchy red rashes and generalised itching all over, which if ignored, escalated and felt like a thousand pin pricks all over my skin (pain) with residual itching underneath, I would then start wheezing and find it difficult to breathe in...was driving me nuts and I noticed that taking just 7.5 mg of mirtazapine (antidepressant) stopped it (30 mg is the recommended dose of that AD for depression and 15 for insomnia, so 7.5 mg is a fairly small dosage but it keeps withdrawal at bay and after having been on them for 10 years I am treading carefully lol).

What I am not sure about though, and I may discuss this with my Dr if it keeps coming back, is that I once read that mirtazapine can be used as an antihistamine (it's generally not, but it has antihistamine properties) so was it a reaction to withdrawal or do I have another allergy (I have some but tend to avoid the things I am allergic to)? I don't know, and if it is an allergy type reaction, I have no idea whatsoever what I might now be allergic too.

Certain household cleaning substances and duck feathers I know about...so I don't go near them. If there is another allergy though, god knows what it is!

Hope you have been doing ok yourself?

Last edited by bumble on 14 Feb 2012, 8:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 7:57 pm

Everytime I do my grandma asks if I am okay

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 8:01 pm

bumble wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
I do some, yeah.

I have been focusing on my college work, but also I have been dealing with antidepressant withdrawal. I am trying to wean off them because they give me too many mood swings, which have settled down now I have reduced the dosage (I think it was a bit strong for me as I am sensitive to medications). I am still on a low dose as I was getting withdrawal symptoms (strange ones) so went back on them. Bizarre itchy red rashes and generalised itching all over, which if ignored, escalated and felt like a thousand pin pricks all over my skin (pain) with residual itching underneath, I would then start wheezing and find it difficult to breathe in...was driving me nuts and I noticed that taking just 7.5 mg of mirtazapine (antidepressant) stopped it (30 mg is the recommended dose of that AD for depression and 15 for insomnia, so 7.5 mg is a fairly small dosage but it keeps withdrawal at bay and after having been on them for 10 years I am treading carefully lol).

Other than the itching though, my moods have been much better with less of it in my system! What I am not sure about though, and I may discuss this with my Dr if it keeps coming back, is that I once read that mirtazapine can be used as an antihistamine (it's generally not, but it has antihistamine properties) so was it a reaction to withdrawal or do I have another allergy (I have some but tend to avoid the things I am allergic to)? I am not yet sure.

Sorry to hear about the meds problem, but glad that you got it handled. I'm doing ok. Lots of stress but hopefully soon all that will be worked out. Im about to be going back on my antidepressants soon. I can feel that I'm needing to, so I might as well. Hey, at least I'll quit smoking! Welbutrin always does that to me. Makes cigs taste horrible. P*sses me off but I don't get the nic fits and cravings or anything, I just miss the habit.

Have you talked to the doc about the best way to get off those? Benadryl wouldn't help the rash would it?

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 8:12 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
bumble wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
I do some, yeah.

Other than the itching though, my moods have been much better with less of it in my system! What I am not sure about though, and I may discuss this with my Dr if it keeps coming back, is that I once read that mirtazapine can be used as an antihistamine (it's generally not, but it has antihistamine properties) so was it a reaction to withdrawal or do I have another allergy (I have some but tend to avoid the things I am allergic to)? I am not yet sure.

Sorry to hear about the meds problem, but glad that you got it handled. I'm doing ok. Lots of stress but hopefully soon all that will be worked out. Im about to be going back on my antidepressants soon. I can feel that I'm needing to, so I might as well. Hey, at least I'll quit smoking! Welbutrin always does that to me. Makes cigs taste horrible. P*sses me off but I don't get the nic fits and cravings or anything, I just miss the habit.

Have you talked to the doc about the best way to get off those? Benadryl wouldn't help the rash would it?

I could do with quitting smoking..I smoke too much. I am always needing to do something with my mouth! Eating, biting my nails, smoking, talking (often to myself)...Freud would have a lot to say about that lol.

I think Wellbutrin is one of the meds they give to smokers to help them quit?

My biggest issue with all things mental health is the fatigue and dizziness and other physical symptoms I have been getting rather than the mood side of it (that side I find more manageable when I don't have meds throwing my moods out of sync and hijacking my neural pathways), so I am going to try a slightly modified paleo diet. I am hoping it will help with my IBS as well...basically it is no grains, no dairy (although I can get away with small portions occasionally), no legumes and no processed foods.

I am mostly considering it because I tried a gluten free diet in the past (have a brother with celiac disease) and it seemed to help with the fatigue and IBS even though I am not diagnosed with celiac myself. However, my digestive system was still off a little bit so I thought paleo (which takes all grains and dairy out) would be worth a go. I do know that grains make my IBS much worse, particularly wholemeal...and they make me bad tempered and ridiculously hungry too lol. And they give me bloating and acid reflux...

I may speak to my dr about an allergy test...it has been some years since I had one.

Sorry you are stressed at the moment :( My inbox is always open if you need a good vent!

Edit: I did try paleo some time back but not as strictly as I am going to try it this time...last time it was mostly gluten free more than paleo as such.

Last edited by bumble on 14 Feb 2012, 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 8:21 pm

^^ The diet sounds like it would be horrible! No dairy? That means no cheese!! ! How long before you see results with it if you do try it? I hope it helps you, but I hate that you have to do without dairy :-(

Welbutrin is what they give you to stop smoking, but it's also an SSRI. Lexapro is the other antidepressant I take with it. Welbutrin 100mg twice a day and Lexapro 10mg in the morning. It works great for me. I'll need Ambien for maybe two weeks when I start them because Welbutrin keeps me awake at first, but after about two weeks, my sleep is regulated fine. I don't like taking Xanax for sleep because I was on it for two years, and even though I don't abuse it I develop a tolerance fast, and 1mg won't make me sleepy after three or four nights.

I appreciate the offer of the inbox, and I may take you up on that soon. Right now I'm on pins and needles waiting to see if our taxes come back tomorrow like the tax man said it would, or if it will be a few more weeks. If so, we will have to cash in another bond which I don't want to do, and it will still be very tight. I'll either be in a great mood this time tomorrow night, or royally p*ssed off lol!

Ames76
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Feb 2012, 8:29 pm

This is me, always!

Rhiannon0828
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Feb 2012, 8:48 pm

Yes. I love my time playing in my own mind. I've found a great time to let myself indulge is on my days off, usually shortly after I wake up but haven't actually got out of bed. It usually lasts an hour to an hour and a half, but I don't feel as guilty because it's my day off. It always seems like the day goes better after that.

Vito
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2012, 9:08 pm

I used to daydream a lot (until this year), I even took a long walks only for the purpose of daydreaming. Now I don't, I probably grew up. :)

AnOldHFA
Raven
Raven

14 Feb 2012, 9:47 pm

I have always been able to get lost in my dreams and daydreams. Sometimes they tend to carry on awake through asleep.. That is what I call living in my world.

When I'm running or riding my bicycles for longer times, the dreams turn to very deep thinking.

When I was a child through teenager, my dreaming was about living a life as different people in very different lives and times. One of those dreams I worked at a very busy restaurant. Then I worked in a restaurant and I knew everything needed to make it very busy. A different dream I was a politician and in real life I was told I could have been governor of Florida at age 22 with over 80% of the votes. My dreams showed me how to live as a very powerful person.
Since then I try and be careful not to let dreams influence me in real life… and also keep my dreams to myself.. I don’t have much of those dreams anymore : ( Recently they are more in to making sense of the world, in many senses and of someone like me.. But I long longer believe she exists.

Some days (day in, day out) it is hard not living in dreams. I literally have to fight to stay in the real world. The dream world is so beautiful; it makes living in the real world sickening.

Sometimes my dreaming creeps in to real life – hallucinations. It can be beautiful or scary not knowing which world I’m really in or what is real.

I am very thankful for the ability of dreaming, as many days it is what keeps me from going completely crazy.

I have never like getting high, it messed with my dreaming and my dreams are better than getting high.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 11:03 pm

resounding YES.....hence my nickname and listed location :)