Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 8:33 pm

More than anything else, people just annoy the crap out of me. It's not so much fear or anxiety, or lack of connection with them or any of that stuff. I mean I do have those issues too but bottom line, all other things being equal, people just annoy me. I am perplexed by human behavior and I have really low tolerance for it.

Can other people here relate to this? Is this normal in people with Asperger's, or does it sound more like a different issue?

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 8:55 pm

People often annoy me too. We're just annoying creatures.

mar00
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 9:02 pm

I find that at times the mere existence of people and their ways pisses me off beyond belief.
And I am annoyed with my ability to get annoyed as well..

KuRowbot
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jan 2012, 9:29 pm

I tend to observe humans as if they are a different species than myself.
Sometimes I get really frustrated with the way they are, and how they can't just be straight-forward, honest and simple about some things.
It's just how life is, I guess. Gotta learn to deal with it.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 9:34 pm

Are you actually a crow? :P

TheTigress
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2012, 9:49 pm

KuRowbot wrote:
Sometimes I get really frustrated with the way they are, and how they can't just be straight-forward, honest and simple about some things.

I feel the exact same and find people in general extremely annoying. I seem to relate to animals much better. (typed this out with my cat laying on my lap)

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 10:16 pm

mar00 wrote:
I find that at times the mere existence of people and their ways pisses me off beyond belief.

Yeah, this too, the mere existence of other people. Not just what they do but the fact that they are there at all.

EBartleby
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jan 2012, 10:58 pm

I find 90% of people annoying. It's their lack of self-awareness that pisses me off I think.

In any case, when folks fall on my nerves, I have to make a conscious effort to remind myself that I am a minority, and that being born with a condition is not anyone's fault.
Subconsciously, I feel superior, but no one is to blame for annoying me because they are normal. People deserve respect regardless of what cards nature dealt them, so I remain condescending to normative people in my heart but still treat them with respect in the real world.

Being pissed at most people is a side effect of who we are, I'm afraid, but we can learn to accept that fact.

You can't argue with facts anyway.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 11:10 pm

dianthus wrote:
mar00 wrote:

Yeah, this too, the mere existence of other people. Not just what they do but the fact that they are there at all.

I'm more annoyed by their presence then there existence.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

mar00
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 11:16 pm

Ganondox wrote:
<..> I'm more annoyed by their presence then there existence.

It's both :D First one then the other.

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 11:55 pm

KuRowbot wrote:

I feel this way too. I have analyzed human behavior enough to be able to deal with it. I've even grown to like some people, most of which are the smart kids at school. I find most people(especially adolescents) irritating because they are immature and ignorant.

mglosenger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Jan 2012, 1:06 am

dianthus wrote:
More than anything else, people just annoy the crap out of me. It's not so much fear or anxiety, or lack of connection with them or any of that stuff. I mean I do have those issues too but bottom line, all other things being equal, people just annoy me. I am perplexed by human behavior and I have really low tolerance for it.

Can other people here relate to this? Is this normal in people with Asperger's, or does it sound more like a different issue?

Generally yes, people annoy me. If I were able to be entirely invisible and just observe people without anyone knowing I existed I'd be okay, but people expect me to react, and it's just.. annoying. There's no specifically good answer for anything, but just saying 'that's good' over and over doesn't really seem to make people happy either.

Yeah, people are generally annoying.

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 1:38 am

dianthus wrote:

Once the novelty wears down, meaning I form a predictive behavior scale, I'm ready for a change. I do understand the sociability a bit, but I never can grasp the 'fuel' or energy that is derived from others' behavior, as an empowerment. They exist or are actualized by 'feeling' the lives of one another. Whether or not this is an INTJ thing, is elusive, so far to me.

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 1:45 am

everyone annoys me, NT, aspie, BPD, BP, schizophrenics, they're all mostly annoying, and the worst part is how they think every other group but them is annoying.

Me, I'm a Dudeist.

MrMagpie
Raven
Raven

10 Jan 2012, 2:51 am

My default reaction to others tends to be annoyance - even family members or friends that I would generally say I am fond of. As someone above me said, this mostly seems to stem from their gross lack of self-awareness. I can't stand a person with what, to me, seems to be a hesitant or ignorant personality, or someone that can't grasp ideas or concepts as quickly as I can. Even something as small as being asked to repeat myself really hits me the wrong way.

I wonder if this might have something to do with an Aspie's lack of empathy. Without even realizing it, we sort of expect people to react in certain ways and be capable of certain things, and when they aren't it's difficult for us to accept that without feeling annoyance.

I keep hoping that one day I'll find someone that doesn't irritate me, but thus far, it has not happened. Even my girlfriend can be quite irritating.

Last edited by MrMagpie on 10 Jan 2012, 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 3:00 am

They annoy me too; that's "people", i.e., humanity in its current social form.

Especially when they boss you around (do this, do that, do this and that and that and this, because I said so!), as if you're somehow inferior or part of a collective*, and when they bully you.

*I can't remember signing into society, do you?