NTs...NTs...What with this endless NTs talks?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Reptillian
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Apr 2012, 2:09 pm

Implying that neurotypicals are a totally new humannoid species....Yawn....Had to say this.

Yes really. I don't really need to add any details because you should get the idea of why I posted this.

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 2:10 pm

nonautistics just are not as smart as any of us. How do you not realize that?

/sarcasm

Last edited by Alexender on 09 Apr 2012, 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reptillian
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Apr 2012, 2:11 pm

Implying that intelligence is due to the cause of mental conditions when in reality it may be correlation while it's not causation.

EXPECIALLY
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 2:27 pm

I don't really we get why anyone cares.

If you're saying what I think you are, we as NTs have the entire planet to ourselves for the most part, so why shouldn't the Aspies here vent about us if they want to?

HDTV...

Whatever.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 3:05 pm

I have no idea quite why the original poster felt the need to post the stuff in the first post.

The NTs are (like aspies) a mixed bunch. Some are stupid, some are smart. Some are nasty and some are nice.

No matter what any of the others on the wrong planet think we will need to live along side the NTs, if we have threads where aspie supreamcists start to go on about the evils of the NTs. It will make the wrong planet bunch and aspies in general look bad, so if you do feel the urge to vent or insult NTs then please just sit on your hands until the urge passes. I guess that few of you can type while sitting on your hands.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 3:28 pm

As I understand it nt is a short way to refer to the "normal" people.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 3:55 pm

I don't split NTs and Aspies up into groups any more, because there are so many different types of neurodiversity, a person is not either Aspie or NT, and the 1 percent of the whole population are not the only one who aren't NTs or aren't ''normal''. Autism is just one of many conditions. And NTs aren't these perfectly well-adjusted human beings a lot of people here think they are. I use ''NTs'' a lot in my posts because it's a shorter way of saying ''people who don't have any signifficant conditions'', but I don't mean the word logically. And then when we do give explanations about the word ''neurotypical'', we start going on forever with arguments like ''but what about people with just Tourette's or depression, etc....?'' I don't know all the answers, neurology is just a very complex thing, I'm not very clever so I don't know so I can't explain these things properly, maybe I need to be educated, I don't know, but what I do know is there is such a thing as neurodiversity, and neurodiversity does not just mean ''there are just two completely different groups of people and they are called NTs and Aspies''. I have not seen that sentence written anywhere on any of the websites I have been on about neurodiversity.

Aspies and NTs can be just as bad as eachother in some cases, there is no concrete rule of thinking ''oh all NTs are perfect and Aspies are not'' or, ''oh all Aspies are perfect and NTs are not.'' We're all humans at the end of the day, I'm sorry to say that to those who believe Aspies are real aliens, but we're not. Sorry.

Orr
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 4:10 pm

By their actions, some seem to be engineering friction, while others react. The first group are by far the smaller, and I would be surprised to see them post here.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 4:38 pm

Reptillian wrote:
Implying that neurotypicals are a totally new humannoid species....Yawn....Had to say this.

Yes really. I don't really need to add any details because you should get the idea of why I posted this.

Hmm...

Actually, I think I might prefer that you did explain the purpose considering that this is the kind of topic that can so easily lead to misunderstandings and the occasional flame war.

At first glance it looks like you're saying that you're bored with and sick of threads about "evil" NT's, but if that's true, posting this isn't very likely to discourage that kind of stuff.

As long as the discussion stays as civil as it has so far, no problem....

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

Reptillian
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Apr 2012, 5:17 pm

Mr.Xxx, Joe90 sums up many of the reason why I posted this thread. Sometimes, I do find that people imply that trying to analyze "neurotypicals" shows analysis result may be prone to many errors in itself due to neurodiversity and how they are different in each way when in the end each people are similar in many different ways.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 5:23 pm

:thumleft:

Thanks for the clarification. Considering that, I think you probably have a good idea of the kind of posts I was referring to that threads like this can sometimes attract. You're fine, and it's fine so far. No worries. Just be prepared for at least some disagreement. As long as everything remains civil there is no problem.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...