Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Kaelynn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Apr 2012, 5:20 pm

I have almost no concetp of time at all. I'm going to be dead before I know it and be saying "How did that happen?" I will be on the computer for two hours and look at the thinking thinking how it was just 4 Oclock 20 mins ago and now its 6. I just think time goes by to fast and when I get to Hevan they are going to have to tell me I have died even though I was alive an hour ago. Any one else get confused by time?

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 5:25 pm

Very much ... I am anxious about time; about the passing of it and what's to come next. I am very much stuck in the moment, but one moment follows the other and I've never been able to come to terms with that. I guess it's the passage of time that I can't grasp.

EB
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Apr 2012, 5:35 pm

Yes. All the time. Though usually I don't think to look at the clock until I've been online at least four hours or more and missed either normal lunch or dinner time. It always feels like I've only been on a short time. I'm also poor with numbers and math so I suspect that my factor into being bad with time. I didn't learn how to tell time on a clock with hands and numbers til I was at least 12 or older and still can't usually tell for sure if it's 10 or 11 when the hour hand is between numbers. I usually guess at which number it seems to be closest to and usually guess wrong. I have a pocket watch I used to use for work because I had my cell phone turned off and regular wrist watches don't last nearly as long(either the band wears out or the battery dies and I'd have to get a new one). I only had to replace my pocket watch once due to forgetting it take it out of my pocket and it going through the wash - even after being through the washing machine it still worked for a while.) Any more I use my cell phone with it's digital clock or one of the many digital clocks in the house if I'm at home.

Shambles
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Apr 2012, 7:37 pm

Yes. This is something that I think about most of the time ... It especially happens when I'm writing an essay or creating artwork. A task that I estimate to take an hour will end up taking 3 hours although it feels like I've only been working for 20 minutes ... But that may be due to my perfectionism.

kBillingsley
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Apr 2012, 7:59 pm

I have elected to subscribe to Dr. Manhattan's concept of time from Watchmen: "Time is an intricately structured jewel that humans insist on viewing one edge at a time, when the whole structure is visible at every facet."

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 1:22 am

Yes. Yes. Yes... So annoying. Come to think of it, three hours ago I was supposed to be doing college work. Now, I'm on here, AGAIN, reading and watching Korean drama on Viki.

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 1:34 am

Kinme wrote:
Yes. Yes. Yes... So annoying. Come to think of it, three hours ago I was supposed to be doing college work. Now, I'm on here, AGAIN, reading and watching Korean drama on Viki.

These forums are addictive. :) I've spent the last couple hours here, along with browsing through a gallery of road signs. No idea where the time's gone.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 2:07 am

FishStickNick wrote:
Kinme wrote:

These forums are addictive. :) I've spent the last couple hours here, along with browsing through a gallery of road signs. No idea where the time's gone.

Tell me about it... -.-... It's already 3:00am and I STILL haven't done anything except sit on here and run around my house because I was excited about something. I forget what, now.