Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

EB
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jan 2013, 5:30 pm

Mine are put up somewhere and when I did have them out last I couldn't read the handwriting on them most of the time.

One account from when I was in second grade basically said that I cried to manipulate people. I don't recall crying in second grade, but I do know I cry when stressed or overwhelmed and I can't control it. I remember liking second grade as that was the only time I enjoyed doing math.

Another note from that same grade and the following grade said I was good at math at that time and poor in reading which switched after second grade and I am now a very avid reader and poor at math.

Oops. I'm not sure if those were report cards or not. They were reports from school. Most of that stuff is all put up and hard to get to.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2013, 5:41 pm

Kairi96 wrote:
My grades were like this, summing up all together:
Elementary school:
Italian: sufficent;
Math: very good at algebra/arithmetics; sufficent at geometry;
English: more than sufficent;
Geography/Histrory: sufficent;
Science: sufficent;
PE: unsufficent.
Middle school:
Math: very good at algebra; sufficent in geometry;
English: very good;
Geography/History: sufficent;
Science: more than sufficent;
PE: unsufficent;
Spanish: more than sufficent.
High school (until now):
Math: very good at algebra; almost sufficent in geometry;
Geography/History: almost sufficent;
Science: good;
Latin: more than sufficent;
Ancient Greek: more than sufficent.
whyd you take alg/geometry in mid school and high??

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2013, 6:47 pm

Wow I was thinking of digging into my old report cards to see the comments. Actually quite curious now.

Lockheart
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jan 2013, 8:33 pm

I think I destroyed my high school reports because I had such a difficult time there. Academically I did alright, but everything else was hellish. I don't know what happened to my earlier reports, though Mum tells me that my teachers always commented on my lack of social skills.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2013, 10:20 pm

Lockheart wrote:
I think I destroyed my high school reports because I had such a difficult time there. Academically I did alright, but everything else was hellish. I don't know what happened to my earlier reports, though Mum tells me that my teachers always commented on my lack of social skills.

I can relate....I have my old report cards and assessments and I looked at them recently. Reading them made me feel physically ill. I did horribly all around.....academically (even though my verbal IQ was 126-professionally tested), socially ect. Elementary and middle school were torture for me...I was a pariah from Kindergarten to grade 8 and was bullied mercilessly by the whole school. Things I remember from the report cards only (not assessments):
Kindergarten
- lately daydreamer is becoming more aware of her peers and her surroundings
- exact wording- daydreamer "continues to display many odd behaviours and irregular actions and this has been discussed with her mother"
-daydreamer enjoys playing in the doll center and spends most of her time there
I was sent to a local hospital for a motor skills assessment after the first week of JK
Primary school
- daydreamer" enjoys hearing stories and has in fact memorized several"
-often appears to be in her own little world
- constantly shreds paper and plays with it-goes off into own world
-often twirls her fingers in front of her eyes
-sings and talks to herself during class
-daydreamer gets easily distracted and often appears to be daydreaming :)
- often "allows herself to be teased and returns to the scene"- interesting one, I think
-has difficulty with handwriting, writes upside down
-likes sameness in her routines and is upset by small changes (I threw a tantrum when they moved my desk)
-doesn't finish her schoolwork
-wanders in the hallway
-is having trouble grasping place value
on and on and on
Middle school
-prefers to be on her own and does not seem to interact with peers often-this wasn't true I wanted friends but nobody wanted to befriend me
- hands in assignments late
-has difficult with organization
-forgets items necessary for tasks
:(

Kairi96
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jan 2013, 7:12 am

wtfid2 wrote:
Kairi96 wrote:
My grades were like this, summing up all together:
Elementary school:
Math: very good at algebra/arithmetics; sufficent at geometry;
English: more than sufficent;
Geography/Histrory: sufficent;
Science: sufficent;
PE: unsufficent.
Middle school:
Math: very good at algebra; sufficent in geometry;
Geography/History: sufficent;
Science: more than sufficent;
Spanish: more than sufficent.
High school (until now):
Math: very good at algebra; almost sufficent in geometry;
Geography/History: almost sufficent;
Science: good;
Latin: more than sufficent;
Ancient Greek: more than sufficent.
whyd you take alg/geometry in mid school and high??

Because here in Italy are obligatory subjects.

Trencher93
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jan 2013, 12:10 pm

Reminds me of a report card epic fail. In elementary school, my report card always had "poor motor skills". But no one ever told me what the term actually meant. The only motor I knew anything about were the little hobby motors at Radio Shack, and I knew it wasn't that. I only discovered what the term meant as an adult, when I was reading about AS.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 12:16 pm

I've long since lost my report cards.

But I remember "does not participate in class" and "needs to improve attitude" appearing frequently.

Oh, and my mother got called to a parent/teacher conference so my 2nd grade teacher could complain that I was a snob who thought I was better than everyone because I never spoke to others, wouldn't answer when spoken too, never raised my hand, didn't look at others when I did speak, and ALWAYS played alone. And I apparently thought I was "too good" to deign to make friends. :evil:

*sigh*

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 2:46 pm

elementary school:
-the student can't hold a pen, pencil or fork correctly
-the student has severe problems with syllabification
-the student uses a complex language, but often, when asked to tell the meaning of a word, she can't answer
-the student can't sit still for a long time, and if forced to do so, she squirms in her seat or plays with pencils and pens around her
-the student often interrupts people while they're talking, and rarely says relevant things when she does
-the student seems to lack motor coordination
-the student enjoys going into the school's garden, and passes her time there observing plants, leaves and birds
-the student seems to be bothered from classmates when they approach her. She seems to be able to tolerate just 5 or 6 persons
-the student talks too much
-the student often offends classmates and argues with them
-the student's handwriting is difficult to read
-the student often forgets things that are necessary for schoolwork
-the student sometimes forgets to do homework, or, most of the times, she doesn't finish them, and also finishes projects late
-the student seems to be willing to socialize with just a few classmates, though it can be easily seen that she's not shy at all
-the student plays with classmates only when she needs them as a kind of "support", but doesn't really play with them, unless she likes them
-the student often smiles or laughs without a reason
-the student seems to be in her own world, and often gets distracted, unless she's interested in the topic
-the student scored 105 on the IQ test in school
-academic performance is about avarage
middle school:
-the student behaves differently depending on the teacher she's with. If she likes the teacher, her grades are a bit higher, and mostly does her homework. If she doesn't like the teacher, she rarely does her homework, or does it carelessy, and her grades tend to be lower
-the student almost never interacts with classmates, and doesn't look willing to interact with them
-the student looks anxious when asked to repeat a lesson
-the student has severe issues with group works, and will often refuse to work in a group
-the student avoids classes she doesn't like
-the student enjoys much using computers
-the student sometimes forgets to bring notebooks, books and other things necassary for schoolwork
-the student can read a text perfectly, but sometimes, when asked the meaning of it, she can't really answer the question
-the student scored 120 on the IQ test in school
-accademic performance is about avarage

I'm still in high school, so I can't say really much about it. Ahw well, it's mostly like elementary and middle school, but a bit better.

Last edited by chlov on 14 Jan 2013, 2:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 2:56 pm

I can't find my preschool report card atm, but they referred me to look for a developmental disorder, but the people they referred me to said no.

CocoNuts
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jan 2013, 3:12 pm

"She possesses a great patrimony of knowledge, which she seems to be able to organize. She's motivated and interested in all activities, she's curious and willing to acquire new knowledge. She tends to get bored when consolidating already acquired knowledge. She happily dedicates herself to reading, improving her expressive abilities. Careful observer of nature, she seems to be particularly interested in animals. She expresses herself in an unique way, and has original mannerisms. She seems to get along with peers, but appears to *couldn't find good translation for this word* 'be arrogant'. She has a particular aptitude for graphic activities."

I suck at translating, but there it is. My report from elementary school.

mackico
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jan 2013, 3:33 pm

In primary school I used to sit under the desk, do all my work down there.

For my first two years in school, pretty much all I did was draw pictures of animals in my books.

I was very good at mathematics, but my reading and spelling were below average. However, I liked telling stories and would recite them for the teacher to write down for me.

I went to a school for "gifted" children, so my eccentricities were tolerated.

RazorEddie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 5:19 pm

I only have two report cards. Here's a quote from one when I was 10 years old

Quote:
His absorbing interest is electronics and he shows a deep understanding of this subject.

Heh, 32 years later and I'm still the same :)
I also have one from when I was 12. Poor handwriting was the main complaint with a few comments that I was too quiet and didn't get involved in dicussions. I scored A or B for most of the subjects. However I got D- and E for gymnastics and games - a combination of poor coordination and zero interest in team sports.

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 8:24 pm

Kindergarten-1st grade: Matthew shows seperation anxiety, is disorganized. Very poorly socialized. DOES NOT PLAY WELL W OTHERS! Seems intelligent, but unmotivated. Excessive daydreaming..
Not to mention anti-social at that age. I got held back for a second try at 1st grade.
I do not recall a bunch of others, but I had problems with Math & Handwriting throughout Elementary school, into Junior High. Got a bit better at High School but never was an "Insider". For awhile I blamed my socializing difficulties on moving all the time. That was a handy Scape-goat but not the real reason.

Sincerely,
Matthew

Soham
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jan 2013, 9:43 pm

My mom has all of my old report cards and school record stuff at the moment.

Over the past year or so as I've realized I likely have AS I have been talking about it with my mom. At first she outright denied that I have it, but now as she is looking back more things are standing out in her memory that makes it very obvious. I was her first child, and I think she was completely oblivious to it, she just thought I was an weird abnormally quiet kid.

Anyway....My mom has been looking back over some of my report cards from elementary and middle school. A lot of the comments that the teachers made are very reminiscent of the comments seen in the original post. Summarized shortly, along the lines of, "Your son is intelligent, but he is a very spacey kid, always day dreaming and rarely speaks", "He is kind to others, but rarely interacts with others", "He is always in his own world".

schizoid26
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jan 2013, 3:03 am

The only report card comment I remember is from 4th grade:

"He marches to the beat of a different drummer."