Page 2 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

hyper_alien
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2006, 10:03 am

Nice.

I went in to town with barefeet and shorts on. This lady came up gave me money and told me to get some shoes!! !!

krex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2006, 2:43 pm

My first thought was ...My cats....but they dont travel well...so I guess as outside security items,I also carry many of the same things as Callista,with the addittion of my ipod and book and something to drink.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

krex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2006, 2:47 pm

My first thought was ...My cats....but they dont travel well...so I guess as outside security items,I also carry many of the same things as Callista,with the addition of my ipod, book and something to drink.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

SolaCatella
Veteran
Veteran

Location: [insert creative, funny declaration of location here]

10 Nov 2006, 5:53 pm

I don't have a specific comfort object. For me, the comfort object has always been The Book. The Book's actual identity changes depending on what I'm reading, and sometimes there are two of them. I feel much more comfortable if I have a book with me, because then if everything gets too much I can bury my nose in it, find a comfortable corner, and spend some time calming down. Plus, I won't be bored.

parts
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2006, 10:25 pm

I am self employed and many days I bring my dog with me he just keeps me feeling calm even on a chaotic day. Plus I have tons of stuff in my truck like my slinky,toy dogs,and various metal things that I find comforting

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2006, 10:42 pm

I'm eventually going to get a Masamune replica. I'm also going to have to get a miniature version to take everywhere. I will not part with it.

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 5:01 am

SolaCatella wrote:
I don't have a specific comfort object. For me, the comfort object has always been The Book. The Book's actual identity changes depending on what I'm reading, and sometimes there are two of them. I feel much more comfortable if I have a book with me, because then if everything gets too much I can bury my nose in it, find a comfortable corner, and spend some time calming down. Plus, I won't be bored.

Yeah, I like to always have a book on the go. Also I have a home-made bookmark with some pictures of someone I like on it, which is comforting to look at, and marking the page is a good excuse to carry the pictures with me! :lol:

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

11 Nov 2006, 6:17 am

scrulie wrote:
SolaCatella wrote:

Yeah, I like to always have a book on the go. Also I have a home-made bookmark with some pictures of someone I like on it, which is comforting to look at, and marking the page is a good excuse to carry the pictures with me! :lol:

I've got a custom bookmark too, but mine is a laminated slip of paper with all the main characters of my story on it. It's no confort object, but it's cool to see my characters.

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 8:08 am

My denim jacket, curiously, functions as a sort of security object. I wear it even in summer when it gets baking-hot, and it takes a lot for me to part with it - when I have to change to my long coat for winter.

And when I go out, if I'm feeling the least bit uncomfortable talking to somebody, I start touching the left lapel with my right hand, almost as if I'm putting up a barrier between the person I'm talking to and myself.

When they were alive, though, my doggies were my comfort object. They were always there for a good hug. God I miss them :(

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 9:13 am

Hey Hyper_alien, do you carry around your PSP so your parents won't take it? Because that sounds like what I'd do with my diaries, when I was still living at home...

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

ooohprettycolors
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Nov 2006, 10:47 am

What's a PSP?

I still sleep with my blankie and stuffed animals- i love them! but i don't carry them anywhere unless i go on vacation. I am very attatched to my chapstick/lipgloss. I panic if i don't have it and try to carry several spares.

I carry around a big heavy purse that holds a lot but never enough. sometimes i wish i could have a smaller lighter purse with less stuff but how could i do without my phone, ipod, camera, mini sketchbook, pencil case,sunglasses, tissues, wallet, baggie of small necessary things (nail supplies, eye drops, hair things, bandaids, etc), lotion, hand cleaner, little toys, hairbrush...the list goes on. Maybe I should start using a backpack.

hyper_alien
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2006, 7:39 am

a PSP is a playstation portable.

This is a PSP:

It can:

Games, Movies, photos, music and it can go online. It was created by Sony.

PSP KICKS ASS!! !

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Nov 2006, 10:16 am

A hood, or a baseball cap.

WOW I could get addicted to a PSP, you shouldn't have shown me!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2006, 10:41 am

I have about 15 different comfort objects. They come in different sizes, they're generally the same colour and they all look a like. They also like to smile. Can anybody guess what they are?

hyper_alien
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2006, 11:03 am

ROUTEMASTERS! 8)

Xenon
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2006, 1:16 pm

- I have a particular blanket that I like to curl up in when I'm on the couch watching TV. But I prefer that blanket mostly because it's very comfortable and is larger than the others...
- I also carry around a smooth polished piece of amethyst quartz that I picked up in the mountains many many years ago. It's purple, which is my favourite colour.
- I have a stuffed toy that I've had since I was a baby, but I don't sleep with it -- I keep it in an exalted position of honour on the shelf that forms the top of my headboard, though. :lol: