Fictional Characters With Undiagnosed Aspergers or Autism

Page 40 of 60 [ 949 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 60  Next

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2013, 9:05 pm

Niles from Frasier. He's pedantic and awkward and OCD and in one episode he became stressed and took off all his clothes in a coffee shop. Also Frasier's x-wife Lilith, she is pedantic and monotone doesn't express emotion.

panicpack121xxx
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Dec 2013, 10:02 pm

Marybird wrote:
Niles from Frasier. He's pedantic and awkward and OCD and in one episode he became stressed and took off all his clothes in a coffee shop. Also Frasier's x-wife Lilith, she is pedantic and monotone doesn't express emotion.

Frasier might have mild Aspergers because I remember when they were younger, he was the sociable one but he had a large vocabulary. Frasier likes people but they cannot take him seriously as an individual, due to his crazy antics. However you're on point with Niles, man. I think Niles is more liked then Frasier due to his awkwardness, that's just me. Not to mention: Lilith is the definition of Aspergers, she sounds like Daria but without the interest in music, comic books, or any nerdy things that nerds like (i.e., nerdy television shows). So basically, the stereotypical one who says something like this: "The philosophical minds cannot be rationalized by the demanding and increasing amount of time that is decreased by the amount of estrogen and testosterone." A sentence all about hormone imbalance. Lilith starts intelligent but then goes in smartass mode in a hurry, in a cynical, nihilist way...

Frasier was the definition of Aspergers in a nut shell...

Aboriginal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Dec 2013, 10:31 pm

Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2013, 10:32 pm

Yeah, Frasier could be Aspergers, but he is quite social and emotive so I think he is more like BAP.
Anyway, Fraiser, Niles, and Lilith are my favorite characters on that show.

panicpack121xxx
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Dec 2013, 10:39 pm

Marybird wrote:
Yeah, Frasier could be Aspergers, but he is quite social and emotive so I think he is more like BAP.
Anyway, Fraiser, Niles, and Lilith are my favorite characters on that show.

Frasier aspergers? Yes and no. He's a mild OCD, narcissistic, egoistical rich snob if he wasn't, that cares about psychology and the finer things in life. If he did: he has signs of it, that's it.

Niles and Eddie are mine. It's weird, I even think that Frederick is somewhat badass because of what he has to put up with on a basis.

dottsie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Dec 2013, 12:38 am

Rose Lalonde from Homestuck. She talks with an extremely extensive vocabulary, and rambles a whole lot. She's kinda socially awkward. Her special interests are psychology, knitting, and the horrorterrors. She stims by knitting.

Also, Phineas Flynn from Phineas and Ferb. He's really naive to a lot of social aspects of life. His special interests are stuff like architecture, engineering, and construction, which also serve as a form of stimming for him.

I loooove autistic headcanons so much. They're just really fun :D

Dan_Undiagnosed
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2013, 4:16 am

Frank Spencer from the old British comedy 'Some Mothers Do Ave Em'. Everybody always talks about Frank's oddness, sometimes even in front of him, and he knows he's a very unique person. He's clumsy (with Mr Bean-esque results), bad in social situations but more or less good natured and not out to get anyone. Here's episode 1 from season 1. I loved this show when I was a little kid.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RAJ6BdUy50[/youtube]

panicpack121xxx
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Dec 2013, 5:37 am

dottsie wrote:
Rose Lalonde from Homestuck. She talks with an extremely extensive vocabulary, and rambles a whole lot. She's kinda socially awkward. Her special interests are psychology, knitting, and the horrorterrors. She stims by knitting.

Also, Phineas Flynn from Phineas and Ferb. He's really naive to a lot of social aspects of life. His special interests are stuff like architecture, engineering, and construction, which also serve as a form of stimming for him.

I loooove autistic headcanons so much. They're just really fun :D

To me personally I do not think that Phineas has a form of autism and/or aspergers. Yes, he is naive, because he's that young and all children are all naive, when they're that age. Even if he has special interest[s], such as for example, architecture, engineering, and construction, it doesn't necessarily means that he has any interest in those particular studies/interests. When you're younger: children switch from this topic to this topic in a matter of minutes. However if you're 18, yes, you have a form of autism and/or Aspergers. Phineas has a form of ADHD and/or ADD though. Everyone loves him as a friend and everyone says his name first because he's that sociable.

Ferb on the other hand, well, he has a form of Aspergers. He's shy, doesn't speak more than 1-2, maybe 3 words tops, has intelligent phrases/sentences whenever he speaks, he comes up with the ideas, and only a small amount of friends. The same can be said about his dad, he gives out weird and obscure facts.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2013, 8:21 am

panicpack121xxx wrote:

I agree. My Mum spent most of the 90s telling me how much like Frasier and Niles I am. This is before we knew what aspergers is.

There is an episode where Martin keeps telling the boys they're special. My Mum thought that was hilarious and took to telling me I was special for the next year.

Thanks Mr Crane... not.

panicpack121xxx
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Dec 2013, 10:00 am

hurtloam wrote:
panicpack121xxx wrote:

I agree. My Mum spent most of the 90s telling me how much like Frasier and Niles I am. This is before we knew what aspergers is.

There is an episode where Martin keeps telling the boys they're special. My Mum thought that was hilarious and took to telling me I was special for the next year.

Thanks Mr Crane... not.

Being Frasier or Niles? Tough decision. Not really. Niles just has the tick, more social anxiety, but people can take him seriously as a friend. I cannot say the same with Frasier however...

I remember that episode though (barely). Wasn't Martin telling them about their careers and how they're special? So he takes him out to the opera? I do not know if I'm correct or even if I'm saying the right plot to an episode of Frasier. It's because I haven't seen this show in over 3-4 years...

dottsie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Dec 2013, 10:44 am

panicpack121xxx wrote:
To me personally I do not think that Phineas has a form of autism and/or aspergers. Yes, he is naive, because he's that young and all children are all naive, when they're that age. Even if he has special interest[s], such as for example, architecture, engineering, and construction, it doesn't necessarily means that he has any interest in those particular studies/interests. When you're younger: children switch from this topic to this topic in a matter of minutes. However if you're 18, yes, you have a form of autism and/or Aspergers. Phineas has a form of ADHD and/or ADD though. Everyone loves him as a friend and everyone says his name first because he's that sociable.

Ferb on the other hand, well, he has a form of Aspergers. He's shy, doesn't speak more than 1-2, maybe 3 words tops, has intelligent phrases/sentences whenever he speaks, he comes up with the ideas, and only a small amount of friends. The same can be said about his dad, he gives out weird and obscure facts.

I like the idea that Ferb could be an aspie, too. I don't think he has a small amount of friends, though; he and Phineas share the same friends, for the most part. Ferb isn't really shy, just quiet. Everything else you said is pretty accurate to me, though.

I think Phineas could have ADD as well as aspergers. However, I disagree with you when you say his interests switch, and that since he has friends, he can't have aspergers. It seems like he has been into his special interests for a long time, and it doesn't seem to be changing as he gets older; in an episode set 20 years in the future, it's said he is out accepting an award, which is likely for an invention of his and/or Ferb's. Plus, we have seen that, when restrained from being able to build, he gets very, very tense and anxious, and won't calm down until he's able to build something, which is how I personally get if I'm not able to partake in my special interest for any reason.
Also, since Phineas is sociable, that doesn't necessarily mean he's not an aspie, either. Some aspies are outgoing, they're just usually socially awkward. Phineas isn't really socially awkward, but he does take a lot of things very literally, and he's oblivious to a lot of social things, such as Isabella having a crush on him(she isn't exactly subtle with it at times, haha). You may be right, though; he may grow out of his naivety at some point, or at least learn to interpret things that people mean a bit more accurately.

All of that is just my personal opinion, though. I totally respect your opinion :) Also, if I've misinterpreted anything you said, I really do apologize; I do that a lot.

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2013, 4:13 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=locfNSBmKfU[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZOomB2ZDrg[/youtube]

panicpack121xxx
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Dec 2013, 11:04 am

dottsie wrote:
panicpack121xxx wrote:

I like the idea that Ferb could be an aspie, too. I don't think he has a small amount of friends, though; he and Phineas share the same friends, for the most part. Ferb isn't really shy, just quiet. Everything else you said is pretty accurate to me, though.

I think Phineas could have ADD as well as aspergers. However, I disagree with you when you say his interests switch, and that since he has friends, he can't have aspergers. It seems like he has been into his special interests for a long time, and it doesn't seem to be changing as he gets older; in an episode set 20 years in the future, it's said he is out accepting an award, which is likely for an invention of his and/or Ferb's. Plus, we have seen that, when restrained from being able to build, he gets very, very tense and anxious, and won't calm down until he's able to build something, which is how I personally get if I'm not able to partake in my special interest for any reason.
Also, since Phineas is sociable, that doesn't necessarily mean he's not an aspie, either. Some aspies are outgoing, they're just usually socially awkward. Phineas isn't really socially awkward, but he does take a lot of things very literally, and he's oblivious to a lot of social things, such as Isabella having a crush on him(she isn't exactly subtle with it at times, haha). You may be right, though; he may grow out of his naivety at some point, or at least learn to interpret things that people mean a bit more accurately.

All of that is just my personal opinion, though. I totally respect your opinion :) Also, if I've misinterpreted anything you said, I really do apologize; I do that a lot.

DO not worry at all. I respect everyone's opinions even it's in a liberal opinion, and not a biased one.

Ferb = definitely has a form of Aspergers because of how intelligent he is with tools, science, engineering, and architecture. Just like a stereotypical Aspie he loves to be alone. Even in obscure quotes such as his own father. He might have OCD, social anxiety, loner, or he chooses to be an loner on his own just like Daria, for example.

Phineas = even if he's intelligent, he can get out of any situation with his words. He can talk up a storm but he knows what he's talking about approximately 75%-80% of time. He always has a different topic that he knows about but he can switch easily to this topic to the next, however, I do not think he always thinks of this. He doesn't have any random, obscure, what the f**k facts to provide or dish out comared to Ferb, whenever he talks. He doesn't have anything, well, ADD/ADHD, to add into the mix. He just has ADD/ADHD.

panicpack121xxx
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Dec 2013, 12:24 pm

Examples of Gohan having signs of Aspergers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDGbGwgpT4I - The Z-Fighters Return to Earth (after defeating Kid Buu) - Go to 2:15, look at his face. (I've seen seen or heard people say he was high, if it's not, he looks as if he's spacing out).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8wSdFqdLlY - Gohan playing baseball for the first time. He gets his information from books. It shows that he hates sports or he's terrible at it, it's a typical Asperger trait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lPbm6U55zQ - Gohan spits rice on Goten after Videl and Chi-Chi are talking about houses, and Gohan's relationship. He yells and takes everything seriously, he is oblivious to the situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hBa_KraRIY- Gohan Vs Dabura Pt. 1 - Go to 0:10, he has an OCD over the location of the fight, and doesn't want sand in his shoes.

Dan_Undiagnosed
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 6:38 am

I know a lot of people have mentioned Moss from the I.T Crowd before but tend to not mention Roy as much as he does seem to be a bit let socially clueless than Moss. Australian TV just aired the I.T Crowd's one off special where Roy announces that his girlfriend gave him a 'compliment' that emotionally he was on the 'artistic spectrum'. Of course Jen ends up having to explain to him that the 'compliment' was used during a fight and that she meant autistic spectrum :lol:

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 12:10 pm

Dr. Maura Isles, the Chief Medical Examiner in the show Rizzoli and Isles...Textbook female Aspie, I guess.

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNjuB4 ... WnSA552Xjg