Page 40 of 45 [ 715 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 45  Next

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2012, 12:40 am

I took what my boss told me literal so he had to correct me and I didn't even use my common sense he meant the drains in the mens showers too and he also told me about the women's shower area I am supposed to pick up any garbage I see and hair. This is just my typical day at work so it always seems like my boss is adding mew things to my tasks and new rules.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Ca2MgFe5Si8O22OH2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Dec 2012, 11:35 am

anonymous internet sex:

"how big is it?"

I ask if their country uses English or SI units of measure and then start talking about conversion factors without actually answering their question.

Conversion Disorder, General/Social Anxiety Disorder, Major Depression

ColdEyesWarmHeart
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Dec 2012, 12:00 pm

Housemate is a bit upset, he's had a mini-argument with another of our housemates and it's all over the repeating topic of our landlord being useless.

He told me about it last night and I listened, suggested he talk to the housemate he'd argued with to put things right, and that we should all have a meeting about the problems with the house and then have another with the landlord where we have all our ppints on one piece of paper.

Ok. This morning I hadn't been awake very long, went out for a smoke and he's there and starts talking about the same thing again. I just repeat what I said last night.

Later this morning, he brings it up again. I tell him that we've discussed this, there's nothing I can do or say to make it better, I don't want to talk about it any more as it's just annoying me.

So 10 seconds later he brings the conversation round to it again, I tell him I've already said I don't want to talk about it.

10 seconds later... and I lose my temper and shout that I'd told him to drop the subject, told him I didn't want to discuss it any more, told him there is nothing I can do at 11am Sunday, get over it and leave me in peace. Then I flounced into my room with a door-slam.

Not nice but my head was battered by this point. And my breakfast went cold while this was taking place. :(

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 12:09 pm

This happened last Friday (two days ago). I was at work doing something while my coworkers and my boss were talking about something. Apparently, an in-joke I did not understand about hiring massagists for us. My boss asked me if I liked the idea and I said: "no, I do not like massages". They had a strange reaction, as if I said something wrong. I think the massagists they were referring to were attractive women, and my negative reply made them think I am not interested in women (which is not too far from the truth, actually).

Anyway, afterwards, she (that is, my boss) asked me if I liked hugs. I said I did not. When I said that, a coworker suddenly tried to hug me, which made me instinctively cower to avoid her. My coworkers began to laugh and I told them I do not even hug my own mother. Which, in retrospect, is kind of a bad thing to say.

After things died down, the coworker who tried to hug me apologized and I told her it was nothing. Also, another coworker hugged me just to tease me and asked why I did not like hugs, while I cowered again and told her there is no specific reason for it.

And I still do not understand the massagist joke that started it all.

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 12:33 pm

Sitting down and rocking in distress whilst my youngest had a massive meltdown.

DX AS & both daughters on the autistic spectrum

windtreeman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Dec 2012, 12:53 pm

This actually happened a few weeks ago while I was sitting in the waiting room, waiting for my assessment to start. After a few minutes, the lady at the counter called over to me and said 'I just got off the phone with [the psychologist who'd assess me] and she'll be right over to grab you' and I freaked out for a second and asked, 'wait, is she taking me out somewhere?' and I guess the receptionist is used to this kind of thing because she quickly apologized, said she should have been more clear and that she meant, take me to a room in the building. I genuinely thought, for a second, that the psychologist was going to show up in her car, honk the horn for me to get in and drive me to some strange place, haha. I'm useless.

Nesf
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Dec 2012, 1:08 pm

I was helping my mum clean out some shelves high up and her hip hurts and she can't reach them, so she said to me "could you stand on a chair" so I went to stand on a chair, wondering why she would want me to do that, before I realised she wanted me to stand on the chair to get things from the shelf.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 11:21 pm

I got ridiculously frustrated last week when I bought the Sherlock Holmes short stories on my nook only to find that they'd mixed up the order of some of the stories (really stupid of them: they put the one where Holmes comes back from his three year fake-death sabbatical before the one where he fake-dies) so I got all worked up about it and couldn't talk about anything else the rest of the evening.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

Kyton
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Dec 2012, 1:44 am

purposely ignored messages from my best friend because she wanted to hang out, locked myself in the garage and continued work on some armor i was making...

fyi shes very attractive and has been dropping hints of interest..idk i just feel more comfy in a room on my own doing my thing.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 2:05 am

ColdEyesWarmHeart wrote:
Housemate is a bit upset, he's had a mini-argument with another of our housemates and it's all over the repeating topic of our landlord being useless.

He told me about it last night and I listened, suggested he talk to the housemate he'd argued with to put things right, and that we should all have a meeting about the problems with the house and then have another with the landlord where we have all our ppints on one piece of paper.

Ok. This morning I hadn't been awake very long, went out for a smoke and he's there and starts talking about the same thing again. I just repeat what I said last night.

Later this morning, he brings it up again. I tell him that we've discussed this, there's nothing I can do or say to make it better, I don't want to talk about it any more as it's just annoying me.

So 10 seconds later he brings the conversation round to it again, I tell him I've already said I don't want to talk about it.

10 seconds later... and I lose my temper and shout that I'd told him to drop the subject, told him I didn't want to discuss it any more, told him there is nothing I can do at 11am Sunday, get over it and leave me in peace. Then I flounced into my room with a door-slam.

Not nice but my head was battered by this point. And my breakfast went cold while this was taking place. :(

Wow is your housemate AS too or OCD or was he just looking for emotional support?

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 4:02 am

Just now. Tapping me fingers again

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 9:42 am

I don't have one to contribute right now, but I'm really enjoying reading this thread!

Ca2MgFe5Si8O22OH2 wrote:
anonymous internet sex:

"how big is it?"

I ask if their country uses English or SI units of measure and then start talking about conversion factors without actually answering their question.

That is a classic! :lol:

windtreeman, I loved yours, too. She should have said "never mind, no need to wait for the psychologist - you're officially an aspie!"

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 9:45 am

Having a conversation with my friends about philosophy... only to realize I had been rocking so hard that the desk I was sitting on had left a black smudge on the cinder-block wall behind me.

Luckily, it didn't disturb the flow of the conversation, which I found quite interesting.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 9:36 pm

Today my step-dad was driving me to school, he turned on the radio and said, "Purple Rain is always good for driving." I looked out the window to check for purple rain before registering that he meant the band. Yeah, I felt stupid.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 3:13 am

right now i'm in a full blown aspie mode

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 8:52 pm

Chewing on a Milk Dud and mom was putting a ribbon on the basket for me to give to my husband's family and she asks me if it's good. I couldn't chew and answer at the same time or even think and then she snaps" Hello, anyone home? How does this look?"

I say "let me process it."

She told me "You can't chew and think at the same time? Jeez Beth, you're so funny" and she starts laughing commenting I had that blank stare on my face and I was ignoring her.