Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ephemera
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Dec 2006, 7:04 am

I'm quite new here, but I gather this is the right place to post any obsessions we might have, moreso if we want to find others who share them with us. So here goes:

I have a real obsession with hot water. Even just washing my hands I need the water to be not only hot, but as hot as I can handle, almost to the point of scalding. The same goes for when I shower. I spend about half an hour in the shower, half of which is spent adjusting the water so it is the 'right' heat for me.

Bathing and washing up is annoying, because I run a whole sink or bath full or hot water, but I need to constantly top it up to maintain the heat.

I can't stand water when it is luke, I would rather it cold.

Anybody understand this? or do anything equally odd?

Emma.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2006, 7:25 am

WOW, I am the exact same way! I can't STAND the heat! I hate hot days, I hate hot rooms, etc.... ********BUT********

If I am cleaning anything, even any part of me, I want the water to be HOT! I even turned up the water heater full bore. I treat the single valve faucets as on off switches(off and HOT). BTW the only exception is with things where so much heat might harm them, like colored clothes.

BTW I was at a church one time, and someone saw me cleaning something. He was AGAST at how the water was practically steaming, and I was in there with my bare hands. Other than that, nobody noticed.

I guess the two most obvious and odd things about me otherwise, are that I LOVE the cold(ironic, I know), and don't like being too close to others.

BTW the ability to handle such things is an autistic trait. The cold one was VERY obvious to others a couple years back.(I wear a coat now, but usually have it open anyway) Imagine me out on a windy snowy day, no jacket! Yeah, I know! Sounds stupid! NOPE, I never caught cold, and never got frostbite. Then again, I never DID put my hands in the snow. If I slipped up, there was always a way to recover.

Who knows, maybe it is a kind of stimming, because the cold CAN generally get your heart pumping harder.

Steve

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2006, 8:07 am

If I left my shower on for a half hour I'd run out of heat altogether :?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2006, 8:19 am

I like the water to be warm when I'm having my bath. I can sit there for over half an hour in my own little world washing and pontificating about nothing to myself. I continually top the water up to keep it warm. Eventually I get out and get dried off. I never like to rush having a bath, which, as you might imagine can be somewhat frustrating when we have to get out in a hurry.

Ephemera
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Dec 2006, 9:09 am

Tequila wrote:
I like the water to be warm when I'm having my bath. I can sit there for over half an hour in my own little world washing and pontificating about nothing to myself. I continually top the water up to keep it warm. Eventually I get out and get dried off. I never like to rush having a bath, which, as you might imagine can be somewhat frustrating when we have to get out in a hurry.

That's why I don't take baths any longer, I spend about two hours on a bath. Admittedly, I have to shave my legs as well, but still, way too long.

Emma.

AssBurgers
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Dec 2006, 9:29 am

I have a bad obsession with crosswords.
I've only been awake for 2 hours and I've already completed six or seven hahaha.
Anyone else a big fan of crosswords or general word games?

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2006, 10:22 am

I used to LOVE crossword puzzles when I was younger. Heck, I loved a lot of puzzles. I don't know WHAT happened, but I stopped doing them a while ago. I'm going to have to see why. I recently started doing sudoku, which really just pushes short term memory and analytical skills, instead of long term recall, and word knowledge.

Steve

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2006, 11:20 am

I have very hot baths. I always run the water until it's as hot as I can stand it.

Davidufo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Dec 2006, 11:58 am

I like nice long hot showers

I have to have one every morning, I feel like s**t if I leave the house without having one.
(I stick to one per day, unless I've been playing sports)

And same ... has to be hot, very hot
:D

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2006, 12:02 pm

I, on the other hand crave the cold.

My showers are all about 35F and I only drink water at 36F or below.

I cannot even wash my hands in hot water, only cold water.

MercuryAvatar

13 Dec 2006, 12:26 pm

As hot as the water gets, yes, and in baths. I've always disliked showers, though I take them when I need to anyway.

Nothing quite like easing yourself into nice, hot water. It's always a disappointment when I adjust and it doesn't get any hotter.

parts
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2006, 1:25 pm

I look like a cooked lobster when I get out of the shower.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2006, 1:31 pm

Flagg,

WOW! Will the soap even melt in water that cold?????

For our imperially challenged friends, flagg is talking about water 2C-2.25C! YEP! Just above FREEZING!

Steve

Seraphas
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Dec 2006, 1:38 pm

Interesting, i can't stand hot or cold water. Living in Aus only time i can go swimming is middle of summer otherwise the pool water is too cold. Conversely when i do the dishes or have a shower the water is always a bit closer too lukewarm rather than hot/cold.

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2006, 1:47 pm

I like warm water/hot water it has to be one of lifes pleasures. Just recently my sense of touch has become over-sensitive, I hate getting my hands wet at the moment, other body areas are fine! When I went swimming the other day my sister was laughing at me for holding my hands out of the water, she said I looked "insane" I just did'nt want to keep the hands submerged!

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2006, 2:15 pm

fresco wrote:
When I went swimming the other day my sister was laughing at me for holding my hands out of the water, she said I looked "insane" I just did'nt want to keep the hands submerged!

I don't know why but the very image in my head of someone doing this makes me chuckle. :lol: