Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Logicalmom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2012, 2:37 pm

Hi, all:

Do you know that little feeling of when an elevator comes to a stop? I call it a 'whoopsie' and it is like it goes up and down really fast as it settles? When I step off the elevator I keep having that feeling for a minute or so. It throws my balance off and I stagger a bit. Does anyone else have this experience? I am not afraid of elevators and it has nothing to do with being nervous. It can be embarrassing on a really bad day.

LM

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

04 Sep 2012, 2:38 pm

I enjoy that little drop. It's something different and fun. It's also fun jumping in an elevator when it's going down. :lol:

Logicalmom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2012, 2:43 pm

:D My dad jumped in an elevator to bug my uncle. The elevator froze and they had to call for help. They were stuck for an hour. My dad thought it was pretty funny, but I don't think my uncle was amused :lol: Both of them were pretty big guys, though, and it was a little elevator in an apartment building. Whoops! :lol:

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2012, 3:19 pm

Yes, I often stagger off the elevator, but I still like them.

In college, my alias was Eleva Tor. The people at Vons called me Miss Tor, according to the name on my Vons card.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2012, 3:27 pm

I HATE that feeling. Once I had to ride in a very old elevator as a child and it gave a big bounce when it stopped and it terrified me. I wouldn't take elevators for several years after that.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

04 Sep 2012, 3:59 pm

Logicalmom wrote:
:D My dad jumped in an elevator to bug my uncle. The elevator froze and they had to call for help. They were stuck for an hour. My dad thought it was pretty funny, but I don't think my uncle was amused :lol: Both of them were pretty big guys, though, and it was a little elevator in an apartment building. Whoops! :lol:

:lmao:

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2012, 4:30 pm

cant say im a fan of elevators, I normally take the stairs.