Could someone please comment on my topic...

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 3:18 am

OK, so just over a week ago I made a topic in this forum, but because there are so many new topics in this discussion added daily, my topic has been overlooked and I have yet to have any replies. So ask of you, that if possible you can find time to reply to it, as it would be really helpful.

Thank you. :)

NOTE: The discussion is called [Poll] My Impending Diagnostic Assessment
Here the link is: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt203148.html

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 3:26 am

Rather than start a new thread about your old thread, it would have been easier to just bump it yourself

At least I commented here!

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 3:39 am

Surfman wrote:
Rather than start a new thread about your old thread, it would have been easier to just bump it yourself

Haha Thank you. :)

By the way, when you said "bump it," what exactly did you mean? (I'm not so good with figurative speech)

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 3:59 am

KnarlyDUDE09 wrote:
Surfman wrote:

Haha Thank you. :)

By the way, when you said "bump it," what exactly did you mean? (I'm not so good with figurative speech)

To cause the topic appear on the top of the list again, so that it can draw more attention, by simply adding a new post to it.

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 4:58 am

OJani wrote:
To cause the topic appear on the top of the list again, so that it can draw more attention, by simply adding a new post to it.
Oh, right. The only reason I haven't done that though was because I have nothing else to write on it.

Thank you for explaining. :)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 7:14 am

When I'm in this situation I copy my post, delete it then paste it into a new one. I can delete when there are no more posts underneath my OP, because the little delete button shows up in the corner.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 9:41 am

Joe90 wrote:
When I'm in this situation I copy my post, delete it then paste it into a new one. I can delete when there are no more posts underneath my OP, because the little delete button shows up in the corner.

So that's why it looks like some topics are repeated... Here, I thought I had gone batty. 8O :lol:

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 10:52 am

KnarlyDUDE09 wrote:
OJani wrote:
Oh, right. The only reason I haven't done that though was because I have nothing else to write on it.

Thank you for explaining. :)

I've seen some people just put the word "bump" into the post that they want to bump. Might be very confusing to people who don't know what it means though. I suppose you could write something like "come on you lazy sods" or more politely, "please reply." But Joe90's solution seems more elegant.