Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 4:27 am

Hey, so, I'm not sure what your responses are like, but somehow I always end up reacting with some passive-aggressive sarcastic response. Like, this one time when an English teacher was supposedly teaching me about the prefix di- and I replied with "what, like 'die, b***h'?" - having the last scene in Freddy vs. Jason in my mind. It's not that I actually hated the teacher, I just made that weird association.

What are yours?

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 4:35 am

I mostly get silent and really angry. And then I explode.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 5:05 am

Mootoo wrote:
Hey, so, I'm not sure what your responses are like, but somehow I always end up reacting with some passive-aggressive sarcastic response. Like, this one time when an English teacher was supposedly teaching me about the prefix di- and I replied with "what, like 'die, b***h'?" - having the last scene in Freddy vs. Jason in my mind. It's not that I actually hated the teacher, I just made that weird association.

What are yours?

LMAO that was hilarious. I say things like that, it's just that there isn't much passive. Not too long ago an English professor was lecturing on political correctness. She said something about the blitzkrieg so I said, "they call it shock and awe now" as an example of political correctness. So she took this nasty tone and said, "Don't do that, blitzkrieg is a good word". Big mistake. I'm an older student, I'm not in high school, and I'm sure as hell not going to chastised like a kid. So I stopped her class to give her a lecture on reality. I couldn't stand that b***h, she was the epitome of the inflexible authoritarian narcissist teachers that made k-12 a disaster for me. I don't think she liked me much either :lol:

SilkySifaka
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 5:43 am

If I'm getting really frustrated whilst someone is trying to teach me things I get quite snappy and aggressive. That's very out of character for me so when I get like that my family back off until I've calmed down. I used to get really frustrated working out my invoices when I was self employed and everyone just stayed away from me until I'd finished it.

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 5:56 am

SilkySifaka wrote:
If I'm getting really frustrated whilst someone is trying to teach me things I get quite snappy and aggressive.

The same thing happens with me, when someone is trying to teach me things. I think the best way for me to learn is to watch others learn, or just watch someone do something, or figure it out on my own.

SilkySifaka
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 12:10 pm

Atomsk wrote:
SilkySifaka wrote:
If I'm getting really frustrated whilst someone is trying to teach me things I get quite snappy and aggressive.

The same thing happens with me, when someone is trying to teach me things. I think the best way for me to learn is to watch others learn, or just watch someone do something, or figure it out on my own.

I am better working things out for myself or learning how to do things by watching. I've taught myself a few things from watching videos on youtube and that doesn't cause me stress at all, because I can simply watch it over and over again until I 'get' it.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Jun 2012, 12:48 pm

When I get frustrated I sometimes go very quiet and withdraw into my own little world of interests. Other times, if someone has said something to me that I consider inappropriate, I will snap back.

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 4:44 pm

Mootoo wrote:

What are yours?

Classic!! :lmao:

vanhalenkurtz
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 10:19 pm

Polysyllabell words to the rescue when dealing with authority figures. Subzero thermostat when dealing with loved ones. If I was someone else, I wouldn't be able to stand me.

EQ: 6.