Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 6:08 pm

I often deal with having a short temper, when I get mad my face turns red. It get really bad some times I just wana break bones and fight. Still trying to controle it but nothing seems to work.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 6:13 pm

Unfortunately I do and people are usually shocked when they see it. I look like nothing bothers me but, especially when I fail, I get really mad. How many expensive hockey sticks have I snapped in two? Probably in the hundreds of dollars worth. While I never target any person if someone got physically involved it might push me over the edge. Good thing people leave me alone when I get a "tantrum"!

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 6:20 pm

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
Unfortunately I do and people are usually shocked when they see it. I look like nothing bothers me but, especially when I fail, I get really mad. How many expensive hockey sticks have I snapped in two? Probably in the hundreds of dollars worth. While I never target any person if someone got physically involved it might push me over the edge. Good thing people leave me alone when I get a "tantrum"!

I was on the wrestling team in high school, when my teammates gave me a hard time. I would just go nuts and slam them on the mat my coach then would make me run laps until I calmed down.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 7:09 pm

I used to be very irritable and it was very easy for me to get pushed over the edge even at relatively minor things. But ever since my medications got adjusted, I've been doing a lot better. I'm pretty easygoing now - my days of being in a constant state of irritation are over.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 7:12 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
I used to be very irritable and it was very easy for me to get pushed over the edge even at relatively minor things. But ever since my medications got adjusted, I've been doing a lot better. I'm pretty easygoing now - my days of being in a constant state of irritation are over.

I'm happy for you wish I could say the same thing they put me on a higher dose of my meds and when I am off of them my temper gets worse and I get into a lot of fights.

Monkeybuttorama
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jun 2012, 7:14 pm

It actually depends for me who I'm with; if I'm around emotional or easily agitated people, I tend to also be very emotional because I have trouble understanding them, and I do get frustrated and angry a lot, but when I'm around calm people, the worst I'll do is string together some colorful sailor profanity ^_^ (I was in the Navy, I have an excuse :P)

When I wrestled, it was actually very liberating for me, because I could take out my aggression on my teammates and opponents without actually harming anyone. I miss it so much, but I'm too broken, now, to do it again :(

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 7:31 pm

Monkeybuttorama wrote:
It actually depends for me who I'm with; if I'm around emotional or easily agitated people, I tend to also be very emotional because I have trouble understanding them, and I do get frustrated and angry a lot, but when I'm around calm people, the worst I'll do is string together some colorful sailor profanity ^_^ (I was in the Navy, I have an excuse :P)

When I wrestled, it was actually very liberating for me, because I could take out my aggression on my teammates and opponents without actually harming anyone. I miss it so much, but I'm too broken, now, to do it again :(

When I am in a bad mood I just don't talk a whole lot. When I do it's easy to make me mad if i'm not in the mood for people messin with me. I get into a lot of fights when I an angry it;s the only way I know how to make them leave me alone.

boxxarom
Raven
Raven

27 Jun 2012, 7:41 pm

I'v gotten much better at dealing with my bursts of anger over the years. Learning to recognize when I need to walk away from a frustrating situation and what not. Although I can still find my self beating inanimate objects from time to time. I'v always been very good about not letting my aggression out on other people. I'd much rather freak out on the lawn mower than a person. :twisted: Stupid lawn mower......
But I digress, try and walk away from whatever situation is setting you off. Take deep breaths, in through your nose, out through your mouth. Try to not think about what's aggravating you.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 7:45 pm

boxxarom wrote:
I'v gotten much better at dealing with my bursts of anger over the years. Learning to recognize when I need to walk away from a frustrating situation and what not. Although I can still find my self beating inanimate objects from time to time. I'v always been very good about not letting my aggression out on other people. I'd much rather freak out on the lawn mower than a person. :twisted: Stupid lawn mower......
But I digress, try and walk away from whatever situation is setting you off. Take deep breaths, in through your nose, out through your mouth. Try to not think about what's aggravating you.

Good advice it sounds like something me mother would say ill give it a try.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

27 Jun 2012, 10:04 pm

There's certain types of people that tick me off quite easily, but most of the time it's very difficult to get me in a rage.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 10:05 pm

Definitely. I sometimes throw things around in my room or slam my hands and feet when I'm angry.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 12:01 am

I have a terrible temper, and I'm easily agitated. When I get so restless, I need an outlet for all my anger, and since I wouldn't dare take it out on another person, I often find myself beating on inanimate objects. I couldn't tell you how many things I've broken because of my temper. I used to cut myself sometimes to relieve anger and stress, but I rarely do that anymore.

amboxer21
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jun 2012, 12:08 am

Joker wrote:
I often deal with having a short temper, when I get mad my face turns red. It get really bad some times I just wana break bones and fight. Still trying to controle it but nothing seems to work.

I have a very short temper too and I still cant control it all the way either! I have tamed it a great deal though! I just try to avoid confrontation all together! If my mom wants to argue and send stupid texts, I shut my phone off. If my sister is being a b***h then i just go outside and go for a run or shoot some hoops. Even go to the library.

I cannot handle confrontation at all. So the best way to deal with it is avoid it completely. I remember kicking my little sisters head through the wall because she was making fun of me for not being able to hold conversations and calling me a ret*d. I sat there and argued with her and couldn't keep up and just became frustrated and went off. I of course went to jail lol

As for objects....that's a different story! I have broken 4 laptops, 2 TV's, walls, doors, cars, a $500 phones! Thank good for insurance right!! Sometimes it is the objects fault or it was just there so i took my anger out on it. Like sometimes my phones browser acts all wacky and i get really mad and have to put it down. I have continued to use it in the past when it acted up and that led to me smashing the phone. I have learned from that mistake! Sometimes my laptop will freeze if i am running it off of a USB. I will scream obscenities and punch the keyboard. Again i have learned to put things aside now before I break them! I find myself screaming and yelling at things or out loud in general because i am so mad at something! I probably look crazy!

What ever the case may be, it all balls down to avoiding the soon to be problem by walking away. People and things! That's what I do now. It took me 8 years to actually learn and achieve this level of zen I have. Which isnt much lol I still have a bad temper though. Not as bad as it used to be before i started walking away and avoiding. I just dont have the tolerance or coping skills to handle that kind of stuff and its way too overwhelming. Maybe that's why we get angry so easy???

Its the only thing that will work for me! Maybe give it a try.

FLBear
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jun 2012, 7:20 pm

ANGER ! !! WHAT ANGER ?!?! I DON'T HAVE A F@%&*NG ANGER PROBLEM ! !! !!

Yes, I do have a short fuse, especially when feeling overwhelmed. Over half a century I have learned to handle my short temper problem. One thing that usually works: Zanax
It keeps me functioning long enough to finish my business in Wal-Mart.

Aspie Score: 170 of 200
NT Score 42 of 200
Very Likely an Aspie

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 9:46 pm

Hell yes and what are you going to do about it?

I have a really bad problem with it,it scares me.I have thrown things at people,kicked holes in walls,banged my head against the ground,kicked a windshield(I was inside the car),tore the strings off my then husbands guitar,set fire to his clothes and lots of other things I'm ashamed of.I have had rages like this since childhood.I'm doing better now,therapy sessions and an anti-depressant seem to be helping.I have tore up a lot of objects but thankfully have never hurt anyone.Only because I have a really lousy aim, I never could throw or catch a ball very good.

arisu
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jun 2012, 10:52 pm

quite the opposite in my case. i don't get angry very often.

i usually pick apart my own anger very quickly. i ask myself why i'm angry, whether i should be etc.

for example: i'm running to the elevator and someone presses the "door close" button.

i could be pissed, thinking "that bastard." instead, i wait for the next elevator and think something like this: well, maybe he didn't see me. perhaps it was too late to press "door open" or he didn't react fast enough. maybe he was just in a really big hurry. by the time this thought process takes place, usually in the course of 2-3 seconds, i'm find that it's not worth being angry over.

i'm much more likely to get mad at myself than at other people and in those situations i ask myself if it's really my fault, could the situation have been avoided and what can i do to make sure the problem doesn't happen again. i found out a few years ago that these are things they teach in anger management classes but it's just the way i've lived most of my life.