Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Nymeria8
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 4:32 pm

fefe333 wrote:
letters,numbers,days of the week and months all have color.but numbers have color/personality/gender/textures. I can hear movement. Also, when I listen to music it has a specific movement called sound-kinetic.

a waving hand sounds like a 'wooosh'. If I look out a window in a moving car, the road going by sounds like running water. The song umbrella beach by owl city is like watching grey fireworks but the singers voice is like watching a slow moving line.
6 is my least fave number, she's a snob,dark red,and feels like cement.
3 is my fave, he's orange,shy and awkward,and feels sticky and bumpy.
s is yellow.h is orange.e is green.my name is yellow,red,indigo,green,and orange, but overall its a pinkish color cuz yellow and red kind of blend.

I saw this post and immediately listened to Umbrella Beach to see if I could hear/see the fireworks. It was a really fun thing to do. I love owl city.

LD92
Raven
Raven

08 Jul 2012, 4:05 pm

My original post on a different thread - one that I started, is below in italics. Now, I have come to understand that I have Music-Colour Synaesthesia and Subject-Colour Synaesthesia :).

[I've had many discussions with my bf who thinks that I have Synaesthesia, however I disagree. I can associate a lot of things with colour for some reason.

When I hear music, I can associate it with a colour in my head, e.g. Ludovico Einaudi - I Giorni seems blue/purple. I don't actually see colour through my eyes, so things don't appear a different colour, but in my head I can see colour, if that makes sense? (The music has to be instrumenal though). Likewise, when I was studying, all of my folders were different colours - Biology - Green, Chemistry - Light Blue, Maths - Black, Philosophy & Theology - Pink. I could not have it any other way - it would just feel wrong. I get this all the time when I have to associate colours with things. Someone might write on the whiteboard in a school with purple in a Maths lesson, and I would feel annoyed the whole lesson, because I feel that it should be black.

Obviously I have no idea if this is how Synaesthetes do see things, and if so, that's fine and maybe I do have Synaesthesia, but from what I've heard, it seems that they actually see colour.]

tatals
Raven
Raven

22 Mar 2016, 10:11 pm

Behold my talent! (<- irony)

HayleyB
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Sep 2016, 10:05 am

Hi there, I'm a graphic design student and currently doing a project on synesthesia. I'm hoping to create a lovely book which brings attention to this fantastic ability, and show people who it's like to actually have it. If you'd like to be included in the book, just to for example translate some song lyrics to how you hear/ see them be it by colour, shape etc, then just pop me an email on [email protected] and i'll let you know more about the project. (You can remain anonymous if you wish) Thank you so much!

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 10:54 am

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2016, 10:43 pm

This was the closest I could do it...some of them should be metallic or iridescent, especially the last half of the alphabet. T should be bronze, U is silver, Z is gold. O and 0 are both an iridescent, silvery translucent white, kind of like soap bubbles. Q, V, and W are all sort of like rainbow titanium. C, I, and 1 are emitting a soft light like sunlight. G, J, S and X are shades of dark indigo or purple that appear to be absorbing light. D and 4 should both be a deep, dark teal green that shimmers just a little but I couldn't get the color quite right. B and 3 should be more of a bright orange with a lot of gold in it but I couldn't get that color right either.

I rarely see the colors physically, like on an actual page I am reading. I usually just see them in my mind, and sometimes I question whether that's true synesthesia or not. I would think, oh I am making this up or this is just an association I have. But when I started trying to find colors that match what I see, I realize how much it bothers me when I can't get the color just right, because I am seeing something very specific in my mind's eye.

That's how the individual letters look, by themselves. When I see words, the letters influence each other so the colors sort of blend together or fade like an ombre and the letters can become different colors than they would be by themselves.