Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 8:49 pm

I've never had such thoughts in my life. i don't plan on having any such thoughts, any time soon.

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 9:56 pm

I have a friend who was having such thoughts. He was diagnosed with OCD.

loner1984
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 10:11 pm

Doesn't sound healthy I would probably get help. I would definite want serious help if I went around thinking about killing people that cant be good. And who knows were it might lead without helped. I.would actually be pretty damn scared of myself if I had such thoughts and would contact doctor asap. Would never hurt anyone unless they hurt me.or my family. Only thing I've hurt is a brickwall and I payed the price with broken hand.

Jasmine90
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jul 2012, 10:24 pm

I get a lot of horrible thoughts, mainly about animal abuse from OCD.
For example, I used to have a gas heater and would imagine putting my snails on the grates which traumatized me quite a bit, since I would never in a million years do something like that.

I also get thoughts about murdering people, mainly though I'm always thinking of the near impossible "perfect murder", which has to do with my serial killer fetish.

If you think you could seriously hurt someone, though, I would suggest professional help.

Zinia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jul 2012, 10:40 pm

I've had intrusive thoughts since I was a teenager.

They're a symptom of OCD, but other things as well. There's a type of OCD that's called "Pure O," which I think is mostly intrusive thoughts without the compulsions.

Wikipedia has an interesting article on intrusive thoughts.

Don't worry. They can be confusing and scary, but they're relatively harmless, aside from causing anxiety and pain in you.

Bunnynose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jul 2012, 10:42 pm

Jasmine90 wrote:
... I would suggest professional help.

Definitely get some.

OCD is a mental condition, as it is an anxiety disorder.

Zinia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jul 2012, 10:44 pm

Haha--since were talking about intrusive thoughts--mine are mostly violent. Sometimes, about chewing my own body parts off--sometimes about harming others.

I'm very ethical, and never harm others if I can help it. I'm the type of person who stops and moves a worm or bug out of the middle of the sidewalk, into the bushes.

At first, I was scared that the thoughts indicated I was some kind of budding serial killer--but that's about the opposite of the truth. People who tend to be very non-violent will get intrusive thoughts about violence--because it scares them, not because they'd ever do any of it.