Yes 65%  65%  [ 178 ]
No 35%  35%  [ 97 ]
Total votes : 275

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2012, 11:01 pm

Pabalebo wrote:
I've had my license since I was 17 and love driving but I use my dad's old car... can't afford a car of my own yet cause I'm still in college.
i use my dad's 2001 honda civic with 210,000 miles on it, and i am more than grateful for it. Im lucky enough to have him give me his car. Why should he buy me a bmw? Do I deserve it? I can work for my own bmw if I want it. My dad doesnt drive a fancy car himself; a 2002 altima which ill be getting when he upgrades and my civic breaks down. I dont think I should be driving a high valued car anyway..my driving sucks.

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

27 Dec 2012, 8:02 am

It has been only recently that I have driven long distances; the only reason I don't do it that much is that it's EXPENSIVE!

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

27 Dec 2012, 9:14 am

I drive but should probably not be allowed to do so. :lol:

SamanthaBlake
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Dec 2012, 7:07 pm

i am desperate to drive.for some reason it is so hard for me to learn.i just hear the word car or driving and the snooze button is turned on.
i want the freedom and 19 is too old to have my mom drive me around.also public transport sucks in s florida.
are their special driving schools. or driving schools that only make you pay once youve actually learned to drive?
i took lessons before and lerned nothing :/

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 7:21 pm

I want to but I can't. I can't pass the test. I'm not really even sure why. I'm in my 30's now and have given up on it.

doiknowyou
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Dec 2012, 8:32 pm

I get really distracted by my windscreen wipers. Any one else have this issue? I always have to tell my passenger not to touch any knobs. Sometimes when a passenger turns something on/off, or plays with the windows, radio or air-con, it drives me to so much distraction I could run right off the road.

loner1984
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 11:08 pm

No i dont think ill ever do that, i cannot focus nearly enough, to many uncertain factors when driving, having a meltdown. remembering all the traffic rules..

Ill stick to my legs until im so old i cannot walk anymore. I take great joy is actually getting anywhere no matter how far by walking, cycle or what it takes.

TheValk
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 11:13 pm

I don't think it would be safe for the environment if I were a driver...

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 11:26 pm

I drive but I avoid driving in cities or on freeways where there are a lot lanes and on/off ramps and a lot of traffic and cars changing lanes. It's scary and confusing and I don't know how other people seem to do it so easily. Driving in cities is stressful and I make the wrong turns and end up in the wrong lanes and get lost.
My favorite way to drive is in the passenger seat with someone else driving.

Abcrone
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jan 2014, 1:41 pm

aspi-rant wrote:
i am an excellent driver.

:lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vMCTgGjTRA[/youtube]

Agathon
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jan 2014, 1:57 pm

No, I only learned to ride a bike when I was 16. I am a bit afraid of driving because the traffic confuses me very much.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 2:14 pm

Me, either. The traffic confuses me a lot and it's very scary and stressful to be on the road. So I don't drive.

Agathon

01 Jan 2014, 2:34 pm

jk1 wrote:
Me, either. The traffic confuses me a lot and it's very scary and stressful to be on the road. So I don't drive.

I am also worried how would I react if everyone started blowing horns, that sound startles me even when I am walking. If roads were mostly empty, I probably wouldn't have a problem.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 4:08 pm

Updated answer:

Yes. I've had a car back on the road for the last 3 months now. I'm a much better, calmer, and more focused driver now that my fine motor skills have improved, anxiety is nil, and my attention span is far better than it was.

After the first couple weeks of being back on the road I wondered how I'd managed to make it through a few YEARS without a car. I can get SO much more done now vs. having to walk for hours to & from stores etc.

Dutchy
Raven
Raven

01 Jan 2014, 4:09 pm

Yes, i love to drive! Although i found it scary to learn in the beginning on my 18th birthday, i'm glad i did it, and past the drivers test the very first time!
I'm not a big fan of public transportation. Most because of the lack on self control. When i'm driving, i'm the one in control, and i like it that way.
Plus, i'm an excellent driver! I really am. Very secure about myself when i'm driving. It's one of the things i'm proud off.
I love to manage myself into the traffic, and making all these decisions. I'm really good at that too. Also i can drive any type of car.
Even trucks where you can drive in with a normal drivers license. Not a problem for me at all.
So i'm really glad my parents pushed me to take lessons! Have my drivers license more than 10 years now.
Never had any major accidents. So i'm very pleased :)

TB_Samurai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jan 2014, 8:11 pm

No. I'm afraid of driving.