Is aggressive rejection a sign of ASD disorder?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

franklin.jr
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 May 2018, 12:17 am

I was thinking about it. When somebody is aggressively and constantly rejected over time - is this an indication that the target could be diagnosed with any sort of ASD? Please notice I did not mention other side effects such as bullying and isolation. Please have your say.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2018, 2:05 pm

Not necessarily, there are lots of reasons a person could be rejected for seemingly no reason (i.e they're not unkind to others, have dangerous behaviours, etc.) Being different in any way usually marks people, especially kids, for rejection because they don't follow the "herd mentality", but this difference could be as simple as being from a very different culture, dressing in a way that others consider "abnormal", having annoying behaviours that aren't necessarily linked to autism, even something as simple as their physical appearance; face, nose, hair, height, weight, skin colour, etc. can cause others to reject an individual for no reason that was caused intentionally by the individual. Humans are generally not very kind to one another, particularly when they're young.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!