Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Goalie
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jul 2013, 10:11 pm

I'm currently playing sports, designing new games, and forming a company. My problem is my focus is so awful I progress very slowly in my projects. I tend to have a ton of them going at once and have a hard time focusing. I've tried a few herbal remedies to limited success. Even when I do work on a single project my attention is constantly drifting and I have a hard time zeroing in on the task at hand. I'm at my wits end with this and would be able to further myself so much faster if I could just focus for a week or so even. My brain is constantly shifting thoughts, subjects, ideas, improvements to innovations, scientific theories, etc. My short term memory also suffers from the lack of focus and I can blank out for entire conversations completely immersed in thought. I apparently can even be looking at people while they're talking and they think i'm listening but I can't even see them i'm so far gone in thought. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I currently take no medication and meditate semi frequently to help with the focus. I would meditate more but it's hard at times and other times i forget.

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 10:21 pm

I'm not really sure what the issue is here.
Are you getting interrupted?
Are you having too many 'irons in the fire' to use a blacksmith term?
Are you having intrusive thoughts?
Or does this stuff just bore you?

What do you do when you're "not focusing well enough", are you doing something else or are you just having your mind wander while you're working?

What are you trying to remedy with the "herbal remedies"?

Goalie
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jul 2013, 10:30 pm

My thought process just wanders off and typically thinks about a few things at once. I need to focus in on ONE thought and not stray.

Greb
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 11:58 pm

Check for ADHD. You're very likely to have it.

If that's the case, the only think I found that helps (after years) are drugs for ADHD. So perhaps you should think about going to the doctor.

Goalie
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Jul 2013, 9:16 am

Yeah i've heard that i'm just not a fan of pills really. Might just have to suck it up. I had adoral(sp?) one time but it lost effect real quick after the first day although my focus was awesome that first day.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2013, 9:25 am

Quote:
Anything to help focus.
telescopic sights are pretty good.