The worst thing a bully has done to you

Page 5 of 27 [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 27  Next

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 10:18 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Sparrowrose wrote:
I doubt that teacher is even still working. Fourth grade was 34 years ago. Miss Puckett is at or approaching retirement age now.

she will get her commupance when she meets her maker then. :x - "Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me." IOW, god is not mocked.

That's almost satisfying enough to make me wish I weren't an atheist. :-/

Thanks. Seriously, I mean it. Thank you.

Sparrow

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

Imweird
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jul 2012, 10:48 pm

I doubt my friend the teacher is still working either. She was probably around 28-30 in 1967 so that would make her around 75 today.--wow! I never thought of it that way. And as long as we're using names, her name was Miss Fox.

SHEILD
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Jul 2012, 1:58 am

I was sexually asulted on the way home from school. I didn't know the kid and he didn't know me...it's only been recently that I've had to start dealing with it.

Other than that most of it was verbal abuse, but someone did wipe blood on my clothes, and that sucked too.

SHEILD
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Jul 2012, 2:01 am

iheartmegahitt wrote:
I had a bully threaten to bring a gun in and kill me.

One of my daycare teachers threatened to shoot me. She wasn't fired and was alowed to take care of me and four other kids unsupervised.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 2:54 am

Sparrowrose wrote:
Thanks. Seriously, I mean it. Thank you.

prego :) you are tougher than me to be able to survive sans belief in something greater than this hellhole on earth.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 2:55 am

SHEILD wrote:
iheartmegahitt wrote:
I had a bully threaten to bring a gun in and kill me.

One of my daycare teachers threatened to shoot me. She wasn't fired and was alowed to take care of me and four other kids unsupervised.

probably 'cause there is a long-uncorrected shortage of workers at both ends of the age spectrum.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 3:27 am

SHEILD wrote:
I was sexually asulted on the way home from school. I didn't know the kid and he didn't know me...it's only been recently that I've had to start dealing with it.

Other than that most of it was verbal abuse, but someone did wipe blood on my clothes, and that sucked too.

I was once sexually assaulted when I was going for one of my walks when I was five months pregnant. I learned to not ever let a stranger rub my belly. I was still tiny anyway and couldn't feel a thing in there yet except twitches. You could only tell if I had on biking shorts and a sports bra but wear my normal clothes, you couldn't tell. I was naive. I wonder if he asked just so he can get sexual with me and then grab my boob. I fled fast and said I had to go. Luckily there were lot of people there because there was some party going on inside the warehouse. For the next week I just walked on the other side of the road and went other directions and one time I thought I saw him get on the bus while I was going to work and I freaked out and then calmed down when I saw it was just another person. Yeah I will never let a stranger touch me again for any reason no matter how innocent or friendly they sound. I never told my husband because I didn't want him to get upset about it and then be all over protective of me and worry about me every time I leave the apartment. He already worried about me before the incident happened when I be out by myself, especially at night. Plus I was embarrassed about the whole thing and felt it was my fault. Now I realize it wasn't my fault because I told him to stop and I never told him to touch my boob.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 3:32 am

The worst thing a bully has ever done to me was when I was 14 and I confessed to being in love with my best friend, she sent me a letter calling me "revolting lesbian slime" and said that "[I'm] going to hell and [she's] not going to be dragged down with [me]".

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 4:01 am

IdahoRose wrote:
The worst thing a bully has ever done to me was when I was 14 and I confessed to being in love with my best friend, she sent me a letter calling me "revolting lesbian slime" and said that "[I'm] going to hell and [she's] not going to be dragged down with [me]".

jaaz :roll: some people [like your bully] are so full of themselves.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 4:34 am

I got stuck in the eye with a stick in Year 6 and had to go to hospital and then take days off school.

The worst bullying happened in Years 8 and 9 though. I had my bike and pencil case stolen. I had the lock broken on my locker many times and had to keep buying new ones. People would put some sort of slimy substance inside my locker all over my books and stuff and leave threatening notes saying how they were going to get me.

I got knocked off my bike on the way to school once and ended up with a badly grazed leg and hand. I went to the school nurse but she was dismissive of the injury. Another time I was knocked out when people threw rocks at me when I was on the way home from school. I felt sick for days afterwards. I also got pushed over onto some railway tracks and I burnt my leg (this was during hot weather).

I went to 7 different schools, was a redhead (still am), awkward, quiet, small, not very pretty - basically a target.

I can understand why some people think of suicide when they get bullied and there is only so much they can take. I certainly thought of it.

I know schools nowadays are trying to do their bit in regards to lessening the tolerance to bullying (at least they are here in Australia) but a lot of the damage can occur when a kid is on their way to or from school when there isn't that supervision. At least, that is what happened to me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 4:41 am

red hair is BEAUTIFUL :)

qwan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Jul 2012, 12:48 pm

chaines321 wrote:
Everyones bullied, usually verbally so of course everyone has those memories.

I don't think I was bullied. If I was I didn't notice it.
I was a bit odd as a kid, a boy was disrupting class and it annoyed me that the teacher wouldnt let me progress with this incredibly easy work because this other above average kid was too bored so thought to disrupt us instead. So I started crying out of frustration and picked up my chair and threw it at him.
He was the school bully. He got in trouble instead of me...

In my first year of high school a boy was laughing behind me really close to me on purpose and it was annoying so I turned around and punched his nose. Then he started whining I had broken it and I asked him if he was ok, had a look, then told him he was fine and went back to work.

I am very small and cute so most guys wouldn't have picked a fight with me anyway, and because of those incidences maybe they thought I was too unpredictable.
Girls would use hints and I would be confused if a girl was suddenly calling me a b***h or spreading rumours. But it must have annoyed them when I would ask them across the room of a full class why they started this and that rumour about me. And they would get angry but fall silent.
If they hinted things to me I just wouldn't have noticed.
And when people imply they want a physical fight I get kind of excited, so when a girl who didn't know me said 'If you mess with my friends you'll have to go through me first, and you won't be pretty by the end of it' and I started smiling and worse yet, trying to hide the smile, I think the reason her face fell was because she wasn't sure if I was some crazed street fighter. XD
I've just never had a good sense of danger and am an adrenaline junkie, and am almost immune to bullying. So it protects me to a degree. I guess I'm lucky. My aspie traits have safe guarded me in that regard.

I'm sorry for all who have been bullied though.
I was also oblivious to bullying in school and when I've spoken to people in my schools who have revealed what they went through I feel very awful for having missed it. I'm not sure how bullies manage to do so much damage, in front of so many people and no one acts, and worse yet, some people (like me) just don't even notice.
I know I would have run after bullies or confronted them on the spot if I'd seen them as I did to younger kids I saw being harassed and I would befriend those who were bullied the same as everyone else, as I generally like everyone.

Alexthymia: 126/185
Suspected 'Pure O' OCD. (OCI: 64 or 11.6)
And wonderfully facially blind. XD

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 1:08 pm

There was one girl in high school who would always taunt me with hurtful names and one time she put staples in my hair. I still hate her to this day, I don't care if it was years ago or not.

philippepetit
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Jul 2012, 1:24 pm

i think you guys should take up boxing or something

weeOne
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jul 2012, 1:44 pm

So coincidental but true to form, I've been researching the crap out of bullying the last week or so. You already know why--I realized I'd been being bullied at my job all along and didn't know it til just last week. It has to do with a passive-aggressive wannabe who ended up thinking he should yell at me. Also true to form, I didn't realize he was that angry, and so I was completely surprised. Thankfully, I just left. Not only his office, but the whole job--there were too many people like him there--so, eff 'em!

Apparently, bullying in some form or other is rampant in the US. We have no protection from the subtle forms it can take. The UK and other European countries are very forward thinking in this area, though based on the sheer volume of occurrences, bullying remains hard to prove regardless of the law.

The worst thing ever done to me by a bully keeps changing, as I seem to get bullied more than I'd ever realized. Now I'm on a bullying quest. I don't know where it will lead because most of the research has been focused on children. (I just realized that this is also the case with Asperger's, which--surprise!--I also have been researching the crap out of.) Interest in this topic in the US increases the more violence-associated bullying is reported (for example: http://www.highestfive.com/money/5-case ... o-tragedy/).

Below are some links, in case you're interested. There are more, but I've found these helpful. I also have information on bullying in the two fields most rife with it: nursing and academia. Happy to share if you'd like.

www.workplacebullying.org
http://www.stopbullying.gov/
http://www.bullyonline.org
http://www.bullying.co.uk/
http://nationalbullyinghelpline.co.uk/
http://www.pacer.org/bullying/
http://www.mobbingportal.com
http://arts.uwaterloo.ca/~kwesthue/bull ... obbing.htm
http://antibullyingcrusador.wordpress.com/
www.bullyingstatistics.org
http://thebullyproject.com/
www.pbs.org/thisemotionallife/topic/bul ... t-bullying

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 4:31 pm

auntblabby wrote:
red hair is BEAUTIFUL :)

I agree. I spent lots of money trying to have red curly hair.