Is it?
Yes 47%  47%  [ 7 ]
No 53%  53%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 15

WiReDcHiMpAnZeE
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 May 2012, 5:10 pm

i am an autistic 15 year old i have a thing where i like to touch people, hug them give massages high fives fist bumps etc.. is this wierd?

Samual
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 May 2012, 5:45 pm

Well, it depends.

I used to work in a pub. There was this one semi-regular who would always try to shake your hand no matter how many times you've already met him. He would try to shake hands multiple times in a 5 minute conversation. Everyone hated him. He was weird, used to act really weird, and was basically really weird. Some of the worst things ive seen him do would be when he decided to chew a load of food and just let it dribble out of his mouth down his chin, and when he would lick, yes lick his hand after shaking someone elses.

So yeah, if you do it like that then its weird. And f*****g annoying.

Ive always thought aspies are more prone to avoid touching, to be honest. I dislike people to touch me. I once described it to a boss as "an almost physical burning pain wherever im touched".

questor
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 6:14 pm

It's best to be careful about touching people you don't know. Some people don't like to be touched, except by close family and close friends.

brickmack
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 May 2012, 6:21 pm

Eh, as long as you arent doing anything really odd it should be fine with most people.

Samual wrote:
Well, it depends.

I used to work in a pub. There was this one semi-regular who would always try to shake your hand no matter how many times you've already met him. He would try to shake hands multiple times in a 5 minute conversation. Everyone hated him. He was weird, used to act really weird, and was basically really weird. Some of the worst things ive seen him do would be when he decided to chew a load of food and just let it dribble out of his mouth down his chin, and when he would lick, yes lick his hand after shaking someone elses.

So yeah, if you do it like that then its weird. And f***ing annoying.

Ive always thought aspies are more prone to avoid touching, to be honest. I dislike people to touch me. I once described it to a boss as "an almost physical burning pain wherever im touched".

It seems to depend. Not liking being touched seems to be more common among aspies I think, but there are several people Ive seen on here that seem to be ok with it. Personally, I dont like it, but its just mild discomfort rather than burning pain.

WiReDcHiMpAnZeE
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jul 2012, 10:15 pm

Samual wrote:
Well, it depends.

So yeah, if you do it like that then its weird. And f***ing annoying.

i have a differebt kind of autism than that and no i dpnt do that kind of stuff... thats kind of odd... but if i see a friend ill say hi and go on with the day if i see a friend or relative i havent seen in a while ill run up and hug them some friends at school i constantly hi five going past them in the hallways and etc

Jasmine90
Toucan
Toucan

28 Jul 2012, 11:32 pm

If someone were to randomly come up to me and touch me with no warning at all, I would probably be offended and get upset.
Not everyone would react that way, though, but not everyone would appreciate it.