Page 2 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 12:33 pm

I prefer short hair because it's easier to take care of, it's neater and easier to brush. Even conditioner won't keep knots out but yet I don't have to deal with them with short hair. I hated having my hair brushed as a kid and still do so short hair helps. That was why my mother had it cut short when I was almost seven. Then it doesn't pull and there is no knots.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 12:44 pm

Nonperson wrote:
MightyMorphin wrote:
I'm female... lol.

Your avatar looks male! :lol:

In that case, I'll just say, I had a lot more women flirting with me when my head was shaved...

I don't know how to change the avatar lol. I just went with a random default one at the time, that I knew what it was xD

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 12:57 pm

I get my hair cut very short (shortest clipper setting, even all over) for a number of reasons. I hate having my hair cut and this maximizes the time necessary between cuts. Fewer sensory issues, and it feels cleaner and cooler. Less chance of hair getting caught in something (which could, in some cases, be deadly). Hair is not going to catch on fire. Can't be pulled. Won't become infested with parasites. Doesn't need to be brushed or combed, no such thing as a "bad hair day".

Once in a while it grows out a bit, then I get kind of depressed, like I'm living under a cloud. Of hair. I don't mind hair on others, looks quite nice sometimes, but I just hate it on my own head.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 1:09 pm

My hair is long and I don't ever want it to be short. It is down to my waist.

I'm more likely to be attracted to someone with long hair.

morslilleole
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 1:23 pm

I prefer my hair long, and fluffy. It can be quite annoying at times, but I like it this way. The biggest problem is that it takes ages to dry, something I miss by having short hair. But I get some compliments for my hair, so I intend to keep it long and fluffy.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 1:24 pm

Crewcut these days. Used to have it shoulder length, but it got less manageable so I either cut it short or look like a zombie. It's very practical. I let it grow out in winter and then get sheared when it's warm again. I like the bold visual attitude a crewcut gives a person of either sex. But I think long hair can look good too.

Touretter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Aug 2012, 2:46 pm

I've never been permitted to grow my hair that long at all, as my family is culturally conservative, and therefore believes that men, and boys, should have relatively short hair, and women, and girls, relatively long. So the longer we men get away with growing our hair, the longer women would have to grow their's in order to compensate, and vice versa. My mother has her's cut rather short, for a woman. So she nags me to keep my hair cut rather frequently. I also prefer clipper cuts, in order to cut down on hair cuts. I usually have it clipped in the back, and sides, with a number three guard, and the top with a number five. But I don't really care that much about how short, or long, my hair is. I think that the reason why men are expected to keep their hair shorter is that men in the western countries typicly shave their faces. So if not for this superficial distinction, it might not be readily apparant, which sex is which. You'd have to habitually gaze at the chest/breast area of a person. Also I, like most men I think, think that long hair on women gives them greater sex appeal. This fetish is called trichophilia. Yes, I still find women with short hairstyles, such as the pixie cut, attractive. But no more so that their male counterparts.

Oren
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 2:51 pm

I am torn between the two. Half the time I have it very short, only to tire of it , and start growing it out all over again.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 3:43 pm

I'm female and I prefer to have short hair. I like short hair on girls, myself included. Besides being pleasing to my eye, it's also a heck of a lot easier to take care of. If I grow my hair out, it tends to get greasy and difficult to wash because of its extreme thickness.

Wobbuffet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Aug 2012, 4:39 pm

I used to have long hair and I really liked it. Sadly, I started losing my hair a few years ago, so now I get it buzzcut very short...I'll probably have to shave it off altogether and go for a Big Show look in the next year or two. :(

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 4:50 pm

Definitely long hair. It looks much more feminine I think, it makes me feel 'pretty' :)

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 5:40 pm

I have long hair. I never decided to grow it out, it just "happened" because I haven't gotten a haircut since I dropped out of high school. I do like that I can play (stim?) with it now, so I'll probably keep it this way.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 5:44 pm

Female, short-hair (covering my ears for the most part, shortest length that looks good on me). Keeping it short for sensory issues. Besides, the things to do with long hair are pretty limited and ponytails are ugly (imho).

I had extremely long hair as a child though. Other kids and adults wouldn't stop trying to touch it.

YellowBanana
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 5:51 pm

I have very short hair. Many years ago when I was 17/18 I had long hair but I hated it. It felt horrible around my neck and face and I would never wear it loose. As soon as I moved away to university I had it all cut off as I no longer felt under pressure from peers and family to conform to the idea that females have long hair. I love my very short hair - about 2 cm all over. So easy to look after and look good.

I think everyone looks better with short hair - men and women.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

04 Aug 2012, 6:02 pm

I've had my hair both short and long, and neither were fun to deal with. I just keep it at a medium length for now. :P

nrau
Toucan
Toucan

04 Aug 2012, 6:31 pm

long hair covers your eyes and gets into things
not fun

and similar to OP, I freak out when I feel long hair touching my neck