Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Annmaria
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 7:13 pm

My son now is happy that he has autism he likes to be unique and this acceptance has made life much easier, he also is open to everyone in realtion to it. This is what every parent or child or aspie needs to do, I was worried that he would be treated different but I feel unintentionally I was treating him differently.

Its not going to bed of roses but its so much better, we got to the bottom of what was upsetting him at school racism and bullying. A big fight but huge sucess. Good luck to all and I have said it many times thank you all for your posts and advice.

Azereiah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jun 2012, 9:14 pm

I was just like your son.
I have always been a victim of bullying in every form possible, and it's quite annoying.

I was diagnosed with AS in the 5th grade though, and ever since then, my family and I have been working on ironing out some of the worse kinks that come with autism.

I'm 19 now, and I have very few visible outward signs of it.

However, the bullying will never end - that's a fact. You now know why, and you can formulate a plan of attack to ease it. Your son will become a better person because of it, too. At least, that's how I feel.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 10:50 am

(Thread locked because it has been posted to multiple forums).