Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

windtreeman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Aug 2012, 3:28 pm

Definitely the same here although I like to explain how things work and theorize why and how other things function even more; If I'm with someone I'm incredibly comfortable with, I'll talk their ears off for as long as they can stand if given the chance. The Discover Science Channel show on this keeps me entertained for hours.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 3:40 pm

I love to explore, when I was growing up I lived on the edge of a massive forest. I also had a couple dirt bikes to ride. over the years subdivisions were started. I remember riding hours to go out and see them, seeing the forest being clears the ground moved. I really enjoyed seeing massive equipment that was used to do it with. one of the coolest machines I saw was this massive chipping machine. I also enjoyed being able to see the different soil layers in the hole they dug.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 4:29 pm

I'm the same way. I guess it's because we're part cat. :wink:
In all seriousness, it's actually rather nice to be perpetually curious. It's what makes acquiring knowledge so pleasant.

Xena_Sophia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Aug 2012, 4:32 pm

Exactly. My parents tell me that as a small child, my favorite word was "why".

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 5:12 pm

I am curious, but it never occurrs to me to ask questions. Too much interaction there, too much verbalizing. I only ask questions as a last resort. This has led to many occasions of finding out the hard way.

When I was 7, I used to be puzzled about a song that said, "You don't spit into the wind". One day it was really windy and I thought, "At last I can see what that's about!" So I ran outside and went "ptui!" :eew: :doh:

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 11:09 pm

Add me to the list. I call it being pathologically nosy.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2012, 3:24 pm

CyborgUprising wrote:
In all seriousness, it's actually rather nice to be perpetually curious. It's what makes acquiring knowledge so pleasant.
If thats the case then that explains why I like runing up the stairs on all fours!! ! meow!!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Davinel
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Aug 2012, 3:37 pm

Curiosity is my main reason to live.

Swordfish210
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Aug 2012, 3:46 pm

Davinel wrote:
Curiosity is my main reason to live.

hear hear, this is how I get by in life :P

Sherlock Holmes in The Sign Of Four (1890), ch. 6

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2012, 9:46 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
CyborgUprising wrote:
If thats the case then that explains why I like runing up the stairs on all fours!! ! meow!!

I also do this. I have to consciously remind myself not to "cat-walk" when in public (especially where I work). :oops:

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2012, 2:57 am

CyborgUprising wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
CyborgUprising wrote:

I also do this. I have to consciously remind myself not to "cat-walk" when in public (especially where I work). :oops:
Yay I am not alone.. Meow!! !

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2012, 3:41 am

Count me curious too, although that has waned a bit in recent years. :cry: I still find myself poking my nose in other people's projects when I can if for no other reason than I like to learn from the experience. Swapping an engine? Cool! Want some help? Replacing a hot water heater? Where do I sign up! Throwing a party? I'll be going now! :lol:

Almost all of the TV programming I watch is educational in nature, and has been for many years now. I also spend a fair amount of time online learning new things on a fairly regular basis. When I have the energy, I am usually trying to build things from the bits and pieces I can scavenge from junkyards and people's garbage.

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2012, 5:33 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSEw9CrSc-U[/youtube] :D

Wondering "What does this button do?"actually got me into trouble many times when I was young. :lol:

nikkiDT
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Aug 2012, 6:13 am

Yes!! !! !! !

I am a very curious person, always wanting to know more about anything and everything. I'm so curious, it drives people crazy sometimes. :D

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2012, 11:20 am

Could constant curiosity be an aspie thing?

Jtuk
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2012, 12:17 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Could constant curiosity be an aspie thing?

I'm sure it's common. NT's get most of their stimulation from social interactions, aspies don't do this as much, so will seek stimulation in other ways. You could call this curiosity.

Jason.