Any weird obsessions for objects during childhood?

Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

GameCube
Raven
Raven

31 Oct 2020, 12:45 am

I had so many lol
The weirdest one though was a milk container I kept buttons in at my great aunt and uncle’s house. I was around 5 when I visited them and my great aunt was really into crafts and there weren’t many toys to play with. She gave me buttons she didn’t need to play with. I just remember being so mesmerized by these things. I rearrange them and gave them all personality’s based on how they looked. I wanted to keep the buttons at her house so I had something to look forward to for next visits. For whatever reason I put them in this bright yellow milk container and I refused to let anyone move them. According to my cousin, even as I grew up my aunt and uncle kept to the buttons there saying that they were mine and that it was some kind of memory for them lol

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2020, 12:58 am

Joe90 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Yes, my penis.
I was very attached to it. 8)

That reminds me - I was obsessed with burps as a child. I seemed 'turned on' by them, and if there was a burp in a movie I would keep rewinding it over and over again just to listen to the burp. Same with comic books, if there was a burp I would keep reading that particular part with the burp and observing the details of the character doing a burp.

Very, very obsessed. :oops:

Interesting. 8O

I can't think of anything like a comfort "Blanky" or similar.
All my toys disappear, eventually, and I don't remember where they went to. :scratch:

I don't have any inanimate material "obsessions", now either.
I like it that way. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2020, 1:03 am

Danusaurus wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Yes, my penis.

Im guessing if you had a kinetic watch it'd probably be alright for time Pepe? :lol:

It broke.
Too much over-winding. :(

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2020, 1:54 am

Pepe wrote:
Danusaurus wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Yes, my penis.

Im guessing if you had a kinetic watch it'd probably be alright for time Pepe? :lol:

It broke.
Too much over-winding. :(

Haha.. you make me laugh. :D

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2020, 3:21 pm

I found an elastic strap attached to a sleeping bag as a kid. Something about the way it felt then I rubbed it against my fingers felt soothing. I cut it off the sleeping bag and carried it around with me to "pet" during the day. I also was oddly attached to my pillow because of how it smelled.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 12:45 pm

Objects? Only thing I can actually think of is boxes of any kind.

Had collections of few things in between, but not even close to an obsession.

The rest of my obsessions are... Less tangible.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 4:24 pm

I also used to collect shells everytime I could make it to the beach. But this is normal in comparison to all the rocks I'd collect that were flat from the creek behind our place

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 5:02 pm

Carriet bags. Plastic carrier bags. I hd quite a collectiou under my bed but they were confiscated due to lack of space and them being a rather wierd obsession.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2020, 5:29 am

Joe90 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Yes, my penis.

That reminds me - I was obsessed with burps as a child. I seemed 'turned on' by them, and if there was a burp in a movie I would keep rewinding it over and over again just to listen to the burp. Same with comic books, if there was a burp I would keep reading that particular part with the burp and observing the details of the character doing a burp.

And I thought *I* was the weird one. :mrgreen:

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2020, 6:03 am

Pepe wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Yes, my penis.

You know.. I got love but that's some weird ish! 8) :lol:

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 6:30 pm

Edna3362 wrote:
Objects? Only thing I can actually think of is boxes of any kind.

Had collections of few things in between, but not even close to an obsession.

Ooooh! I LOVED boxes as a kid.

The rest of my obsessions are... Less tangible.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 6:37 pm

Pepe wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Yes, my penis.

It was probably because I've probably burped about 5 times since I was a baby (my mum says I did burp as a baby), and so I was fascinated by how it feels for others to do such a natural bodily function that I couldn't do.

cornerpiece
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Nov 2020, 5:09 pm

Maps. I spent countless hours analysing details of maps.

Okay maybe this one isn’t weird... The weirder obsession was buttons. Like, buttons from clothes. There was a box full with different buttons at home, and when I wasn’t staring at a map, I had my hands buried in that box of buttons, rummaging for a new type of button, one that I haven’t seen before.

RubyWings91
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Nov 2020, 8:53 pm

I had quite a few obsessions, myself.

In my back yard, I remembered that I would spend tons of time either digging up worms in a little garden box my family kept empty, maybe because I enjoyed it so much. I would just take out the worms I could find, look at them for a minute, looking at their size and how they moved before placing them back down and either digging for more or watching them dig back into the soil.

Similarly, there was this area next to the garage covered in bricks where I would go and watch the insects that crawled across it, mostly ants.

There was also a rosebush in the front yard that I spent a lot of time looking at. Trying to find places I could touch it without pricking my fingers. Counting how many were blooming. Figuring out which ones were about to bloom. Sometimes feeling how soft the petals were, comparing a still healthy one to one that was old and brown.

spencerg
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Nov 2020, 12:18 am

From about the ages 3-6 I loved sprinklers, especially ones with moving parts, or that had some special mechanism of swirling the water, etc. I remember, a couple times I even managed to get a sprinkler for my birthday.
But I forgot all about sprinklers once Mister Rogers taught me to to fold paper into a box. Then I was all about how flat paper could be used to create 3-dimensional shapes.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2020, 12:28 am

I cannot recall anything super specific, but Idk I know I was just generally interested in things. To be honest I suppose I was more obsessed with animals and wildlife particularly cats. So I'd always try to tell people animal facts.