Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Cogs
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2012, 2:13 am

I've got big sensory issues with touch, including a craving for tight pressure. I've recently bought a compression shirt for the sensory input. The tightness is good, though I hate the seams - does anyone have any suggestions of what to do to get around the seam issue? Also wondering its possible to have to much pressure? Like would it be bad to spend the day in a compression shirt and the night under a weighted blanket?

Merculangelo
Toucan
Toucan

02 Oct 2012, 3:10 am

Could you just wear it inside out or are there seems on the outside too?

the_beautiful_mess
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Oct 2012, 3:32 am

You could get a weighted vest, they're easy to wear over t-shirts, or a weighted belt. I get the same processing and sensory issues, and I would say a shoulder weight helped most, but, in relation to your exact problem, I don't really have anything properly helpful to contribute. Sorry.

http://www.sensorydirect.com/

^ They do really nice weighted products for adults and kids if you're interested.

:elephant:

'I sometimes go to my own little world, but that's okay, they know me there.' ~ Joel Hodgson

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2012, 5:53 pm

Aside from inverting the garment, you could purchase a small shirt to wear underneath (and invert as well, so as to not feel the seams on it). As for your inquiry in regards to the possibility of having too much pressure, I would say that the optimal amount of pressure is more individualized and depends on the amount of pressure/weight it takes to allow you to function best (I know that those who market deep pressure garments tend to have an entirely different opinion, but I've tried their products and their methods; they did nothing for me). I generally place objects weighing easily in excess of 60lbs on myself before going to sleep (90+lb objects if I need a short period of deep pressure) or when I need more pressure and 20lbs when I need less. When going in public, I have about 6-10lbs depending on which CBA I'm wearing at the time. The application of weight/pressure (where you want it)is also an important factor to take into consideration.

Last edited by CyborgUprising on 02 Oct 2012, 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EstherJ
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2012, 6:52 pm

My occupational therapist told me to go to Academy (if you're in the U.S.) and get the under-clothing Body Armor
brand. It's tight and probably seamless (haven't tried it, but it's supposed to be tight, so it wouldn't have seams).

Try that. It's much cheaper.