Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

PixieXW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Oct 2012, 1:09 pm

Just before I say anything else, I'd like to mention that my mental health is really suffereing at the moment because of my Aspergers and what I am about to bring up may be entierly related to how bad I feel. Thanks
So my old interest, when it really began to fade, was only strong at the end of the week, from wednesday/Thursday through to midday Sunday I used to be much more passionate about it that I was any other day of the week. After a while and from getting lots of longer breaks from that interest I sort of forced myself out. Since I've had three short interests, Taylor Swift, Susan Duncan from a school play and Susan Pevensie from the Narnia series. The last has stayed with me, to a much lower extent than a normal interest, for about a month and I'm starting to feel that it is doing the same thing. Ihave never been full happy since going to high school four years ago but it doesn't upset me nearly as much as it did when I was in first year so I don't think my school is the problem as such, although I do still hate being there.
Anyway any comments would be nice to hear, and would help me build some more hope, I thin a lot of what is making me as bad as I am at the moment is that I am ok, how I act is ok. I'm just having a pretty hard time with my interests at the time.
Thanks.

P.s. I should probably mention that once I force myself to do something that is interest related when I'm having a bad day then I can get into what I'm doing after a while and I do sometimes feel better. I also do still think about the interest when it pops into my head, I would be more interested I think if I could interact a little bit more than I do- the interest I have (even though it is my halloween costume) embarrasses me too much.

P.P.S. The more time goes on since I said to myself 'look this is going nowhere just let it go' to my old interest which I had for three years. But it hasn't fully left, the more time goes on the more it seems to come into my thoughts. It really scares me when I do this because I've left and came back to it through short interests for almost the whole year and it had put my in a really horrible anxiety phase, will this eventually drift away if I keep ignoring it? I really just want it to just go away now, it's had it's time. Could this also be because I'm too emotionally attatched to the old one because it taught me so much, all I know is I want it OVER!!

Ynnep
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Oct 2012, 1:24 pm

I don't understand the question. If I don't have a proper obsession at any given moment I feel adrift and decidedly not good. I have tried to force an interest or exend one that has ended but it's not the same. It sounds to me like something along those lines is going on with you. Or I have misunderstood your post completely for which I apologize.