No 68%  68%  [ 67 ]
Total votes : 98

Filipendula
Toucan
Toucan

17 Nov 2012, 8:54 am

KnarlyDUDE09 wrote:
Filipendula wrote:
I don't, because I don't really have anything to say and because I'm shockingly camera shy (and pathologically unphotogenic).

However, I do watch lots of the videos produced by people with ASDs. I find them really interesting and useful and I'm always looking for new seams of uploaders to get another perspective. It can be difficult to find new and interesting things since searching aspergers for example on YouTube tends to bring up the same set of prolific vloggers every time. But I know there are more out there that just don't make it into the search results very often.

Consequently, if anyone did want to post links to their videos, I for one would be very very interested and appreciative. No pressure obviously, but for those of you who do vlog, I thought it would be nice for you to know that there are people out there who are actively seeking out your work and benefitting from it.

I suppose another aspect is that it can be really nice to put a face to the name of a WrongPlanet member, it makes it so much more real and relatable. But it takes courage for someone to put themselves out there like that and I know I never could so well done to those of you who have.
I make YouTube "vlog" videos about me having Asperger's; I started doing so whilst I was going through the diagnostic process. I make them because I know how useful other people's life experiences etc., can be to others; I watch a lot of blogs done by people on the spectrum.

...Also, I'm glad to know there are people out there like you who actually enjoy them and benefit from them. :)

(My YouTube channel is linked below, in my signature:)

Thanks very much! I've now got your page open on another tab and I'm looking forward to it. (Mustn't break my tab order rules though :roll: )

RDOS Aspie score: 115/200; NT score: 79/200

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 9:11 am

Filipendula wrote:
Thanks very much! I've now got your page open on another tab and I'm looking forward to it. (Mustn't break my tab order rules though :roll: )
You're most welcome. :)

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNjuB4 ... WnSA552Xjg

HDLMatchette
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Dec 2012, 4:47 pm

this is mine: Necelticsox

morslilleole
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2012, 5:03 pm

I have posted one video on Youtube. It's of me doing a somewhat crappy cover of Neil Young's Cowgirl in the Sand. Been meaning to record and update some other video where I sing and play guitar ( and maybe harmonica. ) But I never get around to it.

I might also upload game play video from one of the games I am making. It is currently just an idea and a very basic prototype but I hope that I'll have something presentable some day.

I will probably not upload a video of me speaking in any way. I hate hearing my own voice and I am in no way good at talking like that. So I usually end up saying "uhm" every other sentence. I also mumble a lot and I don't have a lot of practise in speaking English. So I'll just let other people do the talking.

Venusflower67
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Dec 2012, 5:22 pm

The thought of watching myself on camera or hearing myself makes me cringe! 8O

JellyCat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Dec 2012, 9:29 pm

I want to make videos about my life with Aspergers and other conditions, but I'm afraid that people I know in real life will find them :S.

HDLMatchette
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Dec 2012, 8:29 am

JellyCat wrote:
I want to make videos about my life with Aspergers and other conditions, but I'm afraid that people I know in real life will find them :S.

what's the worst they could do?

TB_Samurai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Dec 2012, 8:53 am

I do YouTube videos, but the videos are pretty much just my dogs, me playing video games, or my friend playing video games.

C0MPAQ
Toucan
Toucan

31 Dec 2012, 9:35 am

I also do autism-unrelated videos: link

I was banned 1 minute after creating a thread which criticized the moderation, by mentioning issues like political censorship, social problems and problems of autism unfriendliness, especially in the chat.

Please contact me on http://aspiefriends.net

JellyCat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Dec 2012, 10:13 am

HDLMatchette wrote:
JellyCat wrote:

Assume I'm a lesser person because of my Aspergers, and treat me as such.

I had to leave school at the age of 12 due to stress (I'm now 15)
Where I come from, everyone is ambitious career wise, has plans to go to uni, and they look down on anyone who doesn't go onto further education, and especially 'school drop outs'. They look at people who don't go to college or uni as lazy, worthless, idiotic of pieces dirt, who you shouldn't go anywhere near.

They could treat me the same way as people stereotypically treat people with IQs under 70.

There was a girl who obviously had a condition at my last mainstream school (we were never told what condition), looking back it could have been autism, and people bullied her so badly for it. She had no friends (people assumed she didn't want friends, because it's a normal thing to want, or that she didn't understand friendship ), and was permanently miserable.

People could fear me, think I'm a mass murderer.
I might never be-able to make new friends.
They could stop me from getting a job.

They could assume I'm thick, I was horribly bullied for being "stupid" in school (I'm not stupid (My writing skills are not a good indication of my intelligence, I've had a terrible education, and have several learning disabilities), a girl who was in my class saw me as someone she could easily put down to make herself feel good, so she said horrible things to my face, and behind my back, which lead people to believe all sorts of false things about me). It really affected me, and there's no way I'm risking anything like that happening again.

To name a few reasons.

HDLMatchette
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Dec 2012, 10:20 am

JellyCat wrote:
HDLMatchette wrote:
JellyCat wrote:

Assume I'm a lesser person because of my Aspergers, and treat me as such.

I had to leave school at the age of 12 due to stress (I'm now 15)
Where I come from, everyone is ambitious career wise, has plans to go to uni, and they look down on anyone who doesn't go onto further education, and especially 'school drop outs'. They look at people who don't go to college or uni as lazy, worthless, idiotic of pieces dirt, who you shouldn't go anywhere near.

They could treat me the same way as people stereotypically treat people with IQs under 70.

There was a girl who obviously had a condition at my last mainstream school (we were never told what condition), looking back it could have been autism, and people bullied her so badly for it. She had no friends (people assumed she didn't want friends, because it's a normal thing to want, or that she didn't understand friendship ), and was permanently miserable.

People could fear me, think I'm a mass murderer.
I might never be-able to make new friends.
They could stop me from getting a job.

They could assume I'm thick, I was horribly bullied for being "stupid" in school (I'm not stupid (My writing skills are not a good indication of my intelligence, I've had a terrible education, and have several learning disabilities), a girl who was in my class saw me as someone she could easily put down to make herself feel good, so she said horrible things to my face, and behind my back, which lead people to believe all sorts of false things about me). It really affected me, and there's no way I'm risking anything like that happening again.

To name a few reasons.

don't listen to them, THEY'RE lazy and worthless. THEY'RE pieces of dirt, not you. if you want, there's this group you can join on facebook that's for people with or associated with aspergers. Click on this link, JellyCat, I think it's time you voiced your concerns to someone.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 11:00 am

I could not comfortably make a video with myself in it. I have a YT account with the intent of uploading songs (which I have yet to do), but I usually just leave comments or PMs.

HDLMatchette
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Dec 2012, 11:15 am

CyborgUprising wrote:
I could not comfortably make a video with myself in it. I have a YT account with the intent of uploading songs (which I have yet to do), but I usually just leave comments or PMs.

if you have any videos from your childhood, you could upload them to your computer and upload those too.

chssmstrjk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jan 2013, 11:38 am

I do make videos for YouTube. But those videos are usually either top music lists, top 10 lists (where the lists are video-game related), reaction videos, or more sophisticated versions of YouTube Poops. I seldom make a video for YouTube that is ASD-related.

EB
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jan 2013, 7:13 pm

I have an account and now and then I mix movie footage and songs I like together to make music videos. Haven't done anything ASD related myself. I wouldn't be comfortable putting up a recording of myself. My voice is not very pleasant so talking over images wouldn't work too good either. I haven't been inclined to make anything ASD related in video form. It generally seems that others are much better in this area than I am so I tend to let them do it instead.

Inspirations
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Jan 2013, 11:41 pm

I've done a few hundred videos, I've got a lot more confident in speaking and showing my personality through doing them.

My channel is CuriosityRocks

I have a Doctor Who channel called Whoventures

I want to do more videos this year so I'd welcome any suggestions for video topics :)