As an aspie what do you do for a living?

Page 6 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

devark
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2012, 12:19 am

My interests are patterns and muscle memory related activities (drawing, piano, welding, etc) ; however I have never been able to hold a job. I can pass most aerospace manual tig tests right or left handed, fab from prints, repair casts and other various things; can't hold a job. Hell, I can't even get hired. Things at times feel to me so frivolous than I can't keep myself from needing solitude. I don't know what it is, medication doesn't help, it just sucks lol... If I could hold a job I would love to be a boilermaker, but it won't happen.

Cinnamon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Dec 2012, 10:00 am

I work as a childcarer. I'm good with young children.
I don't really have a special interest - unless my fascination with diseases and malfunctions of the human body can be called a special interest.
I love writing; I'd like to earn money as an author, but I know that chances of that working out are slim.

Mcbean
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Dec 2012, 10:54 am

Network admin/helpdesk/telephony. It is an area of interest for me. A friend showed me how to build pc's when I was 18, and 5 years later I was running a medium sized network with 2 locations. Not a bad gig. I can even get some WOW in if things are slow. ;)

I hope others end up half as fortunate as i have. I couldn't imagine being stuck in any of my old jobs to this day.

Unseen
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Dec 2012, 11:00 am

Mcbean wrote:
I can even get some WOW in if things are slow. ;)

Lucky bastard :D

Loving one's job is important for everyone, but even more so for ASD people. I believe it helps them cope with the daily challenges and makes them better at it (sometimes even better than NT coworkers).

I enjoy translating... and once my boss even told me that he liked my performance very much. This is a sign that I am in the right place.

misshathaway
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Dec 2012, 3:34 am

Computer programmer. Current job is transmitting patient healthcare data from one facility to another.