Veteran

02 Jan 2013, 6:55 am

Ditto.

DX AS & both daughters on the autistic spectrum

hblu1992
Raven
Raven

02 Jan 2013, 8:19 am

well, the intellectual component helps with school.The logical tendancies mean that I can thinkwithout emotion gettting in the way and I dont feed off of others for energy and validation like an obnoxious parasite :)

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2013, 8:31 am

Rarely anything positive (mostly a negative impact overall)

Ramba_Ral
Raven
Raven

02 Jan 2013, 9:14 am

Has allowed me to learn about myself and experience the joy's of accomplishing meaningless tasks that annoyed my siblings. my focus seems to change randomly in a circle.

1. Digging in my backyard picking up quartz. Becomes mindless when i find a lot of them.
2. Firearms collecting them and putting them together. Enjoy Cleaning them and going to the range to practice.
3. Playing with my dogs Hugging, Squeezing, and Calling them George. (bugs bunny and yeti reference)
4. Reading boring books in an attempt to gain some measures of knowledge.

megahertz
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Jan 2013, 9:19 am

hblu1992 wrote:
well, the intellectual component helps with school.The logical tendancies mean that I can thinkwithout emotion gettting in the way

Same with me! "Aspergian thinking" helps me in my job. Where ever I worked or studied, people told me I'm doing things extraordinary fast and correct. Neither at school nor at university I had to work actually hard.
:)
Beyond work: I can reflect on anything - cultures, political systems, economy - without comparing things to a so called normality. Thinking in pictures, I can keep more details in mind than words could describe. I'm able to get along all alone without feeling lonely/empty.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

02 Jan 2013, 10:15 am

Not much. Maybe my family worries a little bit too much about me.

CrisSyPee
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Jan 2013, 10:40 am

Very dominant. Especially my relations like a lot of people here. I have to say, this website (I'm new), has already started helping me. When you have a problem with others, It seems to hit home the most. Being independent and solitaire always has an opportunity for a change that relys simply on you're own initiative.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2013, 11:05 am

preventing me from having friends or a girlfriend...and holding job.

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

Kairi96
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jan 2013, 1:59 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Maybe my family worries a little bit too much about me.

Same for me.

kirayng
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2013, 2:05 pm

Hard question to answer...

It's distinguished me from "normal" more than anything else. It has made my life lonely but I can bear this loneliness in solitude quite well. I just wish I could be appreciated for how I think, it's not better or worse than NT but in some respects it can be more helpful in certain situations....

People don't like it that I don't get all crazy when it's chaotic and busy at work, they think I have no soul.... I do sort of freeze a bit but I get going again once I'm organized... then people come in and make a mess again, I can't work without a system, a method... one before two, before three, etc. group things that are alike together. I've found little success in my life being this way, applying these concepts makes me "neurotic" and a "control freak". LE SIGH

Koi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jan 2013, 2:08 pm

I dunno some people say that having Asperger's helps you have an affinity for language, and that has definitely influenced my passion in life, as well as the major development in my conlang.

As for me learning that I have Asperger's it has really given me a sense of self and knowing who I am, and why I am the way I am.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2013, 2:12 pm

Too vague,need more input.

Translation: please explain what you mean by your question.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Valueman
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Jan 2013, 6:18 pm

What challenges, or other life changes have you had schooling, work and other ( social groups ,family)

MudandStars
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2013, 7:00 pm

Personally, I think it has made be very self-aware and reflexive.

?Two men looked through prison bars; one saw mud and the other stars.? Frederick Langbridge