Lauguage, reading and writing is not easy

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

AnOldHFA
Raven
Raven

08 Jan 2013, 6:57 pm

When I was 6 my IQ was tested. They said my language skills and any testing with language was very low.
I spent years taking speech in lower grade school. I have struggled with reading and was finally able to read high school level books around 35 years old.
When I was 20 I could speak in front of people only about my special interests.
At 49 I have had several decades to practice writing. Still it can take any where from one to three hours to write or type a paragraph.
Often when I'm talking I revert back to having lots of trouble and am not intelligible.

My mind can flow freely, but converting things to writing is very difficult, speech is somewhat easier. I can easily act from my thoughts to do almost anything.

I also have trouble taking instructions unless they are clearly written with lots of details.

I can understand pictures much easier.

Reading I have to uses lots of mental power converting text to pictures.
But converting pictures to writing takes so much changing mental states for three different steps then switch back for each idea really a lot of hard work. Convert picture to idea, figure how to word, then write with proper English. If I drop the last step then only I can understand it. language in my head is much different than English.

My comprehension is very good and some parts of my IQ are high.

This and my lack of ability to read body language and not being able to talk or understand small talk has made me wonder if I am a savant.

Is this more normal autistic or is the possibility pretty high for me being a savant?

Thanks!

I would like to find out more about my self, such as how I get along with autistic girls/ladies much better. And how can a freak like me have made so many girls/ladies cry over me. Writing clearly is so freaking hard. I can do the most difficult tasks I can find and they are so much easier. ie - learning computer programming (3 languages), electronic repair, figure skating, psychology, business, politics, laws and many more things without needing school or much books.