I was called a killer today due to having autism.

Page 2 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

DrHouseHasAspergers
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2013, 9:39 pm

This kind of stupidity needs to end. I made a Facebook page entitled "I Have Autism" for people on the autism spectrum to post about their normal everyday lives so people can see that we are not like Adam Lanza. I would appreciate it if you all would contribute your stories to the page.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 9:39 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
In almost any other country this man would not even be allowed to roam about freely.

Don't bet on that.

People can suck no matter where you go.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 9:46 pm

raisedbyignorance wrote:
shrox wrote:
If this just happened within 24 hours call the police and report it!

THIS!! !

I've had it up to here with the autism persecution. The boy getting attacked at Walmart is bad enough but this ranks as the worst case so far that I've heard of. I say don't let him get away with it. Anyone who takes his side against someone who's in a wheelchair is a complete idiot.

Call! A crime has been committed!

iSpy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jan 2013, 10:03 pm

raisedbyignorance wrote:
2wheels4ever wrote:
This is the kind of exchange that direly needs to be captured with HD audio and video with a nice still photo of his face in the most vitriolic expression, captioned by what he said, and not only posted everywhere on the web but have billboards erected so all the guy's family, friends and associates can see him and what he said, and know how he really feels about others

Gas stations do have security camera footage. I know you're nervous about going back but I say see if you can get the footage and get it to the media. People need to know about this horrific and ridiculous incident you've been put through. You might have a hate crime case here.

I've had it up to here with the autism persecution. The boy getting attacked at Wal*Mart is bad enough but this ranks as the worst case so far that I've heard of. I say don't let him get away with it. Everyone who takes his side against someone who's in a wheelchair is a complete idiot.

I was one block away from that gas station and one block away from my home. I was out of view of the gas station cameras and out of view of the cameras that is on my apt building. I was on the side walk on the side of the city school board office building. I do not know if they have security camera on the side of that building or not. I do know they have them in the parking lot of that building but I be out of view from them. on the other side of the street is the post office parking lot. I know that the post office has security cameras But maybe not in the parking lot.

I will still go back to that gas station. I will not let this stop me. I have gone that way for the last 5 years and have never seen that man before. So maybe I will never see him after today.

The wind was blowing bad today so maybe he was just blowing by. The wind can blow in some bad stuff some times.. :)

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 10:18 pm

That's what pisses me off. The fact that this CT shooter was said to have AS and the media jumped on it like vultures really just... ugh. It feeds into the ignorance of people that literally think that a person with Autism is going to go out there and kill someone because of their condition. -_-

I can't believe people are believing that the AS is what caused him to kill a bunch of little kids... that's all we need is more ignorant people accusing us of being horrible people. It makes me really scared that someone might say that to me.

Diagnosed with an autistic disorder (Not AS but mild to moderate classic Autism), ADHD, Learning Disability, intellectual disability and severe anxiety (part of the autism); iPad user; written expressionist; emotionally-sensitive

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 10:19 pm

raisedbyignorance wrote:
shrox wrote:
If this just happened within 24 hours call the police and report it!

THIS!! !

I've had it up to here with the autism persecution. The boy getting attacked at Walmart is bad enough but this ranks as the worst case so far that I've heard of. I say don't let him get away with it. Anyone who takes his side against someone who's in a wheelchair is a complete idiot.
link to walmart story?

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

chessimprov
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jan 2013, 10:24 pm

iSpy, did you get the name of the gas attendant, the date and time this was done? If so, you should file a complaint to the company or maybe even the Better Business Bureau. That way, your pain will not be without fight, and it will make you feel better about yourself for trying to fight back in a way you know that you can!

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 10:40 pm

next time start recording them with your phone. the more they do it the bigger they case they are building against themselves. harassment of disabled people does not really fly anymore. its the kind of things that makes lawyers jump for joy

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 10:51 pm

Hi, I'm very sorry that this happened to you and that this guy is such an idiot.

If you choose to report it to the police, and it is your choice, perhaps be a little like a politician and strategically understate your case. This way, police may then argue with you and say, no, no, it does sound serious. And this dynamic may play more positively. And if the police take it the next investigative step or two, they're doing it because they want to and not just going through the motions. And most of all, you want the police to watch out in the neighborhood on your behalf.

For example, you might write something like: 'I think the guy was looking for someone to cuss out and blow off steam. But I want to give you a heads up in case he continues to be a problem.'

And having an advocate present with you also helps get positive dynamics going, it shows strength on your part, the police officer is likely to be on his or her best behavior, take it more seriously, etc. In his book You Can Negotiate Anything, the author Herb Cohen said it was precisely good negotiation for a president or governor or mayor to get someone else to negotiate on his or her behalf.

And if it feels right, you may want to talk with your apartment people or the gas station manager to also give them a heads up.

Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 10:58 pm

This is absolutely f*****g disgraceful. :evil:

I have had more than enough of these biggoted NTs who persecute us for the way we are. They have started Facebook hate campaigns, attacked our children just for the hell of it, spread incessant, putrid lies about usand now ... THIS. This is just to much for me to f*****g handle, how f*****g DARE they wage war against?! f*****g pathetic, worthless sub-human c***s!

Please iSpy, I beg of you, report that twisted animal to the police, the government, anyone who actually gives a f**k about our wellbeing, well, if there is anyone left. DO NOT allow the filthy, worthless, disgusting vermin to win. Do EVERYTHING within your power to make the filthy rat suffer.

I'm sorry, I'm about to explode, Imcannot ficking deal with this anymore.

ianorlin
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 11:05 pm

A sad day for the world that this happened.

iSpy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jan 2013, 11:09 pm

chessimprov wrote:
iSpy, did you get the name of the gas attendant, the date and time this was done? If so, you should file a complaint to the company or maybe even the Better Business Bureau. That way, your pain will not be without fight, and it will make you feel better about yourself for trying to fight back in a way you know that you can!

The gas attendant and gas station had 0 to do with this. I was on my way back home from it. like I sayed in my last post I was one block away from the gas station. The man did not come from the gas station.

see this map lol
let me know if the link is not working for you.

invisiblesilent
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 11:23 pm

Verdandi wrote:
Tequila wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:
When I lived in NY I was in an interracial relationship. On one occasion, while me and my honey was walking down the street, a red car passed by, the driver stuck his head out and shouted, "n****r!"

To me, that almost has a cartoonish quality in that I can't believe that people would behave like that still.

Dave Chappelle actually sums this kind of reaction up in the first forty seconds of this video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ4B7G8Rw3Q[/youtube]

That was exactly my reaction. Like: WTF? Can that even happen? Can ANYONE actually be that much of a total f**kwit? I already have a very cynical view of the human race but this thread just added a large number of points to the cynical-meter.

MacGyverAspie
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jan 2013, 11:28 pm

I think it should be considered a hate crime if someone discriminates against someone who is autistic, disabled, etc. I know the term goes for race and gender but I think it should apply for disability too. I know it's just one bad egg but unfortunately there are many more in this world.

Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 11:33 pm

MacGyverAspie wrote:
I think it should be considered a hate crime if someone discriminates against someone who is autistic, disabled, etc. I know the term goes for race and gender but I think it should apply for disability too. I know it's just one bad egg but unfortunately there are many more in this world.

So, SO many more. They're the f*****g diseased ones, not us. I've read some truly appauling things. Some people want a repeat of the holocaust for great, innocent Autistic people. That's how f****d up, worthless and truly horrific some of the verminous human race actually is. It's f*****g sad and totally repulsive and disgusting.

MudandStars
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2013, 12:09 am

I'm also sorry that this happened to you... some people have no clue.

?Two men looked through prison bars; one saw mud and the other stars.? Frederick Langbridge