Page 2 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2013, 6:32 pm

I don't wish them any harm, but I don't like babies or children. There are way too many of them. I don't get why people keep having them.

They are selfish self-centered beasts. I just don't get why anyone would want to create one.

invisiblesilent
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2013, 6:55 pm

Ann2011 wrote:
I don't wish them any harm, but I don't like babies or children. There are way too many of them. I don't get why people keep having them.

They are selfish self-centered beasts. I just don't get why anyone would want to create one.

Haha Ann I like the way you put it. I don't get it either... and they really ARE selfish! I know they are programmed that way but it's still really annoying. I'm sometimes suprised at just how horrible something is that my nephew does and I am informed that it is a completely normal kid thing to do (can't think of an example). It's not like he's some super-naughty kid either.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2013, 6:59 pm

Babies are a lot like make-up and high heels: fine on other women, but not for me.

I'm selfish and want to spend all my money on myself.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2013, 7:07 pm

invisiblesilent wrote:
Ann2011 wrote:

Haha Ann I like the way you put it. I don't get it either... and they really ARE selfish! I know they are programmed that way but it's still really annoying. I'm sometimes suprised at just how horrible something is that my nephew does and I am informed that it is a completely normal kid thing to do (can't think of an example). It's not like he's some super-naughty kid either.

I know that they can turn out to be great people when they reach adulthood, but only with a lot of rearing and nurturing. I wish that people wouldn't keep having them when they have no intention of taking responsibility for what they have created.

I wouldn't have any children because I don't think humanity is all that great. It is the exception for someone to be decent.

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2013, 7:17 pm

I love babies myself, I can't seem to find a way to spend any time with them.

Chloe33
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 2:29 pm

I don't know what to make of babies. I actually got a biological clock (never saw that coming) and my first instinct was to want to adopt.
Babies don't do anything until they reach a certain age. Like 2 and some odd months. Then they are adorable and grow quickly.

I always want to adopt low functioning autistic children and save them from the system. Unfortunately my partner doesn't have a big enough heart to do something like that. She would only want "normal" or a child that will leave when it turns 18. Now she was fine if i were to birth one (that scares me to death having a kid!) i am always afraid the nurses/drs don't understand my Autism and will not treat me accordingly.
Yet if i were to birth one and it was low functioning Autistic my partner would accept that for life, so i don't understand her views of adoption.

I pretty much scrapped the idea since in order to adopt here you have to undergo classes ridiculous and rigorous testing and i'm sure they'd notice i'm on the spectrum.

If i were rich i would love to save them from the system. These poor kids get stuck in foster homes forever since a lot of people don't want to give them a chance they all want NT children and white ones to boot.
It's sad the way adoption is in America.

Chloe33
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 2:29 pm

I don't know what to make of babies. I actually got a biological clock (never saw that coming) and my first instinct was to want to adopt.
Babies don't do anything until they reach a certain age. Like 2 and some odd months. Then they are adorable and grow quickly.

I always want to adopt low functioning autistic children and save them from the system. Unfortunately my partner doesn't have a big enough heart to do something like that. She would only want "normal" or a child that will leave when it turns 18. Now she was fine if i were to birth one (that scares me to death having a kid!) i am always afraid the nurses/drs don't understand my Autism and will not treat me accordingly.
Yet if i were to birth one and it was low functioning Autistic my partner would accept that for life, so i don't understand her views of adoption.

I pretty much scrapped the idea since in order to adopt here you have to undergo classes ridiculous and rigorous testing and i'm sure they'd notice i'm on the spectrum.

If i were rich i would love to save them from the system. These poor kids get stuck in foster homes forever since a lot of people don't want to give them a chance they all want NT children and white ones to boot.

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 2:40 pm

Dillogic wrote:
they're socially on my level and I don't see them as a threat (bullying by teenagers probably did this latter thingy).

That's how I feel about anyone under the age of eight or so. I usually prefer them to adults.

As for babies, I enjoy watching them take things in and learn. I empathize with them, because their emotions are simple and honest. Can't stand seeing some people's idea of "parenting" (leaving them in a carseat all the time, leaving them to cry, etc.) and it seems to me some NTs have a distinct LACK of empathy for anyone who can't talk. Maybe I identify with them because I rarely think in words.

Last edited by Nonperson on 07 Jan 2013, 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 2:45 pm

Chloe33 wrote:

Chloe, this is way off-topic, but what is your avatar? It looks like something drawn by Chris Bachalo.

Sylvastor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 3:36 pm

invisiblesilent wrote:
I hate babies. More than anything else it's the noise. Baby crying=worst noise ever, it HURTS. I also don't get the "awww isn't he/she cute?". No - he/she looks like an ugly wrinkled potato.

Thank you, at least I don't have to write that down myself now. :lol:

If they are a bit older, 2 years for example, I'm fine if they don't drool all over the place and don't have to see them eating. I think it's a bit gross.

I also don't know how to keep them busy. When my cousin told me to watch over her baby and keep it busy because she had to go to the super market to buy bread, I sat there and ended up staring at the baby not knowing what to do... In the end it fell asleep, I'm a boring person. When my cousin came back she asked me "Oh, you don't really know how to deal with little kids/babies, do you?", I nodded. :lol:

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 3:41 pm

I don't care about babies, and I'm not planning to get pregnant and have any. But maybe one day I will adopt one, I don't know. I'm neither really planning an adoption, actually. However, I'd prefear to adopt one than to give birth to one myself.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 4:53 pm

answeraspergers wrote:
People with AS are much less likely to have children.

The reasons are vast but often depressing.

In fact there is a reported inverse IQ/Kids relationship which is also rather depressing.

What we need is a higher ratio of smart people to morons and that won't happen if all the smart people decide not to breed...

you are correct
it is true globally that stupid people breed at a much higher frequency that intelligent humans, which speaks volumes on many levels

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 4:56 pm

answeraspergers wrote:
People with AS are much less likely to have children.

The reasons are vast but often depressing.

In fact there is a reported inverse IQ/Kids relationship which is also rather depressing.

What we need is a higher ratio of smart people to morons and that won't happen if all the smart people decide not to breed...

This is part of the premise of IDIOCRACY...and I agree 100%. Scary. 8O

Chloe33 wrote:

Same here, for many of the same reasons. There are many kids out there who don't have anyone.

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

Last edited by conundrum on 07 Jan 2013, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 4:56 pm

slave wrote:
it is true globally that stupid people breed at a much higher frequency that intelligent humans, which speaks volumes on many levels

My parents know two people that are married, seem to be quite intelligent people (or at last my parents say they look like that) and have 6 children.

Sylvastor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 5:44 pm

chlov, do they look intelligent or do they act intelligent? There is a massive difference between the two and I only accept the latter one as an indicator that these people could be intelligent.

slave, answeraspergers, I can only agree.
As much as I feel a dislike concerning babies, I would be willing to change my views, if my partner would give good reasons for having a baby and would listen to my point of view on them (basically what I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread). I need a set of rational reasons and not just emotional ones like "I love babies, I love you, let's have one, they're so cute" to make a decision and especially something that I consider nervewrecking needs to be thought through. I do not want to end up in a closed mental institution or broken relationship after all especially if another person (the baby or maybe little kid at the time) is involved in that broken relationship and will have to process the conflict and suffer from that (thinking it's its fault). :roll:
But first I would need a relationship to begin with which I guess is not very easy if you need a certain amount of alone-time per day. :lol:

EDIT: I think the ideocracy problem could come from exactly this. I do not see emotional reasons for kids as real arguments, since emotions can change within a short time, while the average "stupid person" will just focus on emotions and reproduce whenever they feel like it. It's just how I perceive it, you may state me wrong of course, but intelligent people are usually quite rational. :)

Last edited by Sylvastor on 07 Jan 2013, 6:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Murderface
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jan 2013, 5:46 pm

I love my own children but not other peoples

You are very likely an Aspie