Straight men: Have you ever been called gay before?

Page 3 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 7:25 pm

Anything/Anyone who was seen as a bit off or strange was "Gay" ( or less pleasent terms )
One wonders what exactly they thought homosexuality was. Those crazy, ignorant high schoolers. I take comments like that in stride these days. ( Part of it came from my shutting off/ignoring girls who bothered me. For some reason teens in Shreveport, La. in the 80s thought my personal life was open for disscusion). What upset me was being called a "Creep" by girls in my freshmen year of college. THAT *HURT*. And I never said anything/bothered those people.

Sincerely,
Matthew

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2013, 2:52 am

Yes, quite a bit, actually, although I'm most definitely not. I think a lot of it stems from being perceived as "different" because of my AS, and because of my work in the music industry - a lot of "creative" types seem to be frequently suspected as gay or lesbian by the ignorant.

Bustduster
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jan 2013, 1:04 pm

Yes I have - but somewhat tellingly, only by straight people.

Gay people never think I'm gay.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2013, 1:47 pm

My brother used to call me 'gay' all the time, but he's a feckin' moron.

Razgriz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jan 2013, 2:45 pm

Jory wrote:
I'm the opposite: I'm gay and everyone thinks I'm straight. I've had a hell of a time in the past trying to convince certain ladies who found me attractive that this was the case. They usually just thought that I was coming up with some excuse to reject them.

Same here. Im 100% gay but only one of my friends that I told actually guessed it before I told him. Ive got a pretty deep voice, and I dont look or act gay at all. So far as I know, not even other gay people have gaydars strong enough to detect me, which sucks even more since my gaydar is next to non-functional, unless they're obvious about it.

lattes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jan 2013, 8:06 pm

NT, yes quite often and answer is usually 'I wish'

Moppy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Jan 2013, 5:25 am

Pretty sure a lot of people think I'm gay since I've never had a girlfriend.
Or a loser.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 10:08 am

Yes i have been called gay before but it doesn't really bother me at all.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 9:32 pm

People occasionally think I'm gay, but I just ignore them.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 9:38 pm

Razgriz wrote:
Im 100% gay but only one of my friends that I told actually guessed it before I told him. Ive got a pretty deep voice, and I dont look or act gay at all. So far as I know, not even other gay people have gaydars strong enough to detect me, which sucks even more since my gaydar is next to non-functional, unless they're obvious about it.

One of my relatives is gay. I'd never have guessed it from his behavior. The striking thing about his behavior is that he flies off the handle for the most ridiculous reasons. Make a minor suggestion and he starts yelling.

He works for the family company here. We used to have a really nice Christmas tree. He showed up one day and hauled it down the hallway to throw it away without taking any of the expensive ornaments or anything off of it. There were broken ornaments all down the hallway. My older brother made him bring it back. The next time he showed up was a week before Christmas. He hauled it away and gave it to city hall before anyone knew what he was doing.

The people at city hall love that tree. They put it up in the front window every Christmas now.

He's just like his mother -- a real nutcase.

GnothiSeauton
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Feb 2013, 5:27 pm

People of all sexes and persuasions either want me to be gay or are afraid that I'm gay.
People are stupid.
Most of the time I'm asexual, but when I feel sexual I'm a perverted heterosexual. Women who appreciate that love what I can do with my sexuality.

r84shi37
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Feb 2013, 5:34 pm

I'm straight, I've been reffered to as gay before but looking back I don't think it's relevant as the people who though I was gay were 12-13 at the time. My best friend probably falsely believes I'm asexual though because he finds it "disturbing" that I don't desire a girlfriend or to associate with girls in general. I like girls, I'm just about 1/100th as crazy as most of my male peers.

mrL
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Feb 2013, 7:36 pm

Yes, usually by guys out of jealousy, or by girls because I was not acting confident or being a jerk. Keep in mind women will often call you gay just to insult your pride. It occurred almost always when alcohol was involved. You just have to stick up for your self in these situations and forget about the haters. If you are being a jerk though, then learn from it; otherwise don't let it phase you; disregard people that they to insult you. If a girl calls me gay now I will just tell her that I'm not but think she's sexy, or something that shows my interest and challenges her which sends her guard up in a good way.

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 10:24 pm

Yes, sometimes in a mocking way, sometimes out of genuine curiosity. I never cared. I never found it very insulting. So what if I Iike men? So what if I don't? No big deal either way. Everyone makes such a fuss about homosexuality; they need to get over it. I'm straight, in case you were wondering. But I've had some feelings the other way on occasion.