Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

yamato_rena
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Jan 2013, 11:24 am

So I finally got to see the results of my psych evaluation ten years ago for the first time. I was surprised to find that I wasn't just diagnosed w/ ADHD (evaluation was in the Borderline range for AS), but also with LD-NOS, apparently based on testing low on short-term working memory as well as a giant gap between verbal and performance intelligence (wide enough that the evaluator barely mentioned the composite score except to say that in light of the large gap, it was irrelevant). I am now trying to use this new knowledge to brainstorm strategies to deal with my most pernicious problem - time management and keeping track of tasks. Does anyone want to help me out?

Murderface
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jan 2013, 3:55 pm

yamato_rena wrote:
So I finally got to see the results of my psych evaluation ten years ago for the first time. I was surprised to find that I wasn't just diagnosed w/ ADHD (evaluation was in the Borderline range for AS), but also with LD-NOS, apparently based on testing low on short-term working memory as well as a giant gap between verbal and performance intelligence (wide enough that the evaluator barely mentioned the composite score except to say that in light of the large gap, it was irrelevant). I am now trying to use this new knowledge to brainstorm strategies to deal with my most pernicious problem - time management and keeping track of tasks. Does anyone want to help me out?

I'm sure many on here want to help but are unable. Maybe you could try a daily plan wrighting it down and determine how long each task will take. Do it daily and that you don't do add it to the next days plan. Also come up with a time to do those things.

You are very likely an Aspie