How many psychiatric comorbidities do you have?

Page 4 of 9 [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next


How many psychiatric comorbidities in addition to autism (ASD) do you have?
no comorbidities 7%  7%  [ 13 ]
1 20%  20%  [ 35 ]
2 24%  24%  [ 43 ]
3 28%  28%  [ 50 ]
4 11%  11%  [ 20 ]
5 4%  4%  [ 7 ]
6 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
7 or more 5%  5%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 179

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,494

23 Jan 2013, 11:58 am

Hard to say. I answered 1, because I think all my issues are due to either autism or PTSD, but I do qualify for some other diagnoses at times. I have been clinically depressed in the past. And there are a number of diagnoses that can be made for characteristics that could be seen as just part of autism, such as sensory processing disorder.



Heidi80
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Dec 2011
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 581

23 Jan 2013, 4:10 pm

Raziel wrote:
Heidi80 wrote:
Add, depression, anxiety and (possibly) gender issues


Can I ask?
Why "possibly"?
I'm a bit curious, having gender issues myself. :)


Well, it's complicated. My other stuff have been so much more overpowering, that I haven't really had the time to focus on my gender issues. Now, for the first time, the asperger, add and depression are so stable that I can focus on this. I'm hopefully going to a therapist at my autism center to discuss this in a few weeks (that is, if the social services will pay for it)



windtreeman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2012
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 498
Location: Seattle, Washington

23 Jan 2013, 4:43 pm

GAD; was diagnosed with depression in '09 but haven't given it any thought since. I've also endured OCD for as long as I can remember but it's not diagnosed so I didn't count it.


_________________
Assessed 11/17/12
Diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome and Generalized Anxiety Disorder 12/12/12
My vocal and guitar covers (Portishead, Radiohead and Muse) http://www.youtube.com/user/DreaminginWaves/featured


Foxxtale
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 20 Dec 2012
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 293

23 Jan 2013, 5:46 pm

Raziel wrote:
Foxxtale wrote:
ADHD, depression, anxiety, OCD, bipolar.


But isn't depression allready a part of bipolar? :?

Foxxtale wrote:
They threw the book at me while diagnosing...


Well some ppl are just complex, me too! :wink:
I know who it feels...!


Yeah, I disagree with the bipolar diagnosis and believe it to be just depression, but I have been "officially" diagnosed with both anyhow. Then again, I even had a doctor think I might be schizophrenic... I kinda think the whole diagnosis process is just a guessing game they play until they find a combination that seems like it might fit what they see.


_________________
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss


Shizz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 29 Dec 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 164
Location: chicago

23 Jan 2013, 7:31 pm

ADD, ODD, depression, OCD, hallucinations (but i know they aren't real most of the time)

how can you have ADD and OCD at the same time? I can see how that can make a person have ODD. :) oppositional defiant disorder



Shizz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 29 Dec 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 164
Location: chicago

23 Jan 2013, 7:32 pm

chlov wrote:
TheygoMew wrote:
Having all of these labels attached to you is nothing to be proud of.

I can't understand the whole pride/shame thing.
Now, regardless the fact that a disorder, whatever it is, is supposed to affect your life in a negative way, I don't understand why I should be proud or ashamed of something I haven't chosen, and I haven't caused.


you are proud when you own it and ashamed when you can't control it



invisiblesilent
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Aug 2012
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,150

23 Jan 2013, 7:55 pm

Voted 1 but I meant to vote 2. They are OCD and depression.



chlov
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 851
Location: My house

24 Jan 2013, 8:51 am

Shizz wrote:
chlov wrote:
TheygoMew wrote:
Having all of these labels attached to you is nothing to be proud of.

I can't understand the whole pride/shame thing.
Now, regardless the fact that a disorder, whatever it is, is supposed to affect your life in a negative way, I don't understand why I should be proud or ashamed of something I haven't chosen, and I haven't caused.


you are proud when you own it and ashamed when you can't control it

Whatever. I've never felt proud/ashamed of having AS.



Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2011
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,592
Location: Europe

24 Jan 2013, 1:28 pm

chlov wrote:
Shizz wrote:
chlov wrote:
TheygoMew wrote:
Having all of these labels attached to you is nothing to be proud of.

I can't understand the whole pride/shame thing.
Now, regardless the fact that a disorder, whatever it is, is supposed to affect your life in a negative way, I don't understand why I should be proud or ashamed of something I haven't chosen, and I haven't caused.


you are proud when you own it and ashamed when you can't control it

Whatever. I've never felt proud/ashamed of having AS.


Well I asume that there is a HUGE difference between being proud of being able to achive things in life eventhough you have a dissability (or because you are disabled) OR being proud of the disability...!
Just wanted to point this out.


_________________
"I'm astounded by people who want to 'know' the universe when it's hard enough to find your way around Chinatown." - Woody Allen


chlov
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 851
Location: My house

24 Jan 2013, 1:35 pm

Raziel wrote:
chlov wrote:
Shizz wrote:
chlov wrote:
TheygoMew wrote:
Having all of these labels attached to you is nothing to be proud of.

I can't understand the whole pride/shame thing.
Now, regardless the fact that a disorder, whatever it is, is supposed to affect your life in a negative way, I don't understand why I should be proud or ashamed of something I haven't chosen, and I haven't caused.


you are proud when you own it and ashamed when you can't control it

Whatever. I've never felt proud/ashamed of having AS.


Well I asume that there is a HUGE difference between being proud of being able to achive things in life eventhough you have a dissability (or because you are disabled) OR being proud of the disability...!

That's sure.



PhilosophicTurtle
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2013
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 48

17 Apr 2013, 8:23 pm

I have: (age diagnosed)

OCD (4)
ADHD (6)
Dyscalculia (11)
Tourettes (-)

I'm thinking of going to a doctor (*shudder* :() to see if I have Tourettes or not.


_________________
:( exams.

Only 1 1/2 more weeks of school and procrastination.


daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2009
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,001
Location: My own little world

17 Apr 2013, 8:36 pm

I voted 5 but meant 4- accidentally counted ASD diagnosis itself as a co-morbidity.

1)Non-Verbal Learning Disorder

2) had major depression - do I count this even if not experiencing a bout of depression at the moment?Maybe I should say 3.

3)ADD (would now be called ADHD inattentive sub-type)

4) Generalized Anxiety Disorder



Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Sep 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,513
Location: Positive-minded

18 Apr 2013, 9:58 am

Depressive disorder -not otherwise specified

Mathematics disorder

Borderline Intellectual Functioning (basically it is almost having intellectual disability without the "official" lD label)

and dyspraxia.

The dyspraxia impacts my ability to learn new things. I often learn something new more slowly and need more repetition.


_________________
God-dependent, curious and self-studying Japanese


Last edited by Lumi on 19 Apr 2013, 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WarmAir
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2013
Age: 43
Gender: Female
Posts: 124
Location: New York

18 Apr 2013, 5:09 pm

I have 3 psych labels, but several medical labels. Since this is psych labels, here it goes:
Schizoaffective Disorder (Bipolar Type) -- but my med doc thinks it "Affective Disorder" and not schizoaffective
PTSD -- from bullying and other abuse
Bulimia nervosa (which is more binge eating without purging)

In the past, I had even more, but these are my labels now. Also, dx in the past with Borderline Personality Disorder, but my therapist is really unsure about it now because it's either a personality or Asperger (she's leaning toward Asperger).


_________________
Warm Air


Oberoth
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Oct 2010
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 890
Location: The part of Ireland with fields

18 Apr 2013, 11:37 pm

Hmm, lets see...
Predominantly Inattentive ADD, Depression and Social Anxiety.



Hopetobe
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 8 Sep 2012
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 184

19 Apr 2013, 12:18 am

I know about 3 of them, but maybe I have more. I have sooooo many mental illnesses, I´m sooooo messed up, lol.