Page 2 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Cold Climate Weather (ie. NY MT) Vs Warm Climate Weather (FL, CA)
Cold weather is fine with me i prefer it 44%  44%  [ 45 ]
Warm weather is fine with me i prefer it 41%  41%  [ 42 ]
I don't care weather doesn't affect me at all 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
i like Both types of weather and can deal with it 15%  15%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 103

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 5:10 am

I much prefer the cold to the heat. Just now, it's about 0 C. With a warm coat and a pair of gloves, I'm perfectly happy. But, there's no wind, which would make it less pleasant for me. In the west of Scotland, we rarely get temperatures in the summer above 20 C, never above 30 C. So, I have to go abroad to experience it. I hate it when it gets above about 25 C, so would only go to the Med, etc, in the spring or autumn.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 5:50 am

When I was in South East Asia I noticed how all the Indonesians and Thai's were really skinny
Many times travelling there, I lost weight in the first week as no appetite in the intense heat
Once I dropped a few kilos and was skinny too, I didnt mind the heat that much. I had adapted to the conditions

This is not particular to ASD's as anyone overweight will feel the heat badly.
Equatorial peoples feature very low in ASD's

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 7:12 am

i was about 30# skinnier when i was stationed in hot places like virginia and texas.

scarp
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Jan 2013, 1:01 pm

The coldest temperature I can tolerate is about 45 degrees Fahrenheit with layered clothing. Anything below that and I stay indoors.

On the other end of the spectrum, I believe I have a slightly higher tolerance for heat than many people I know. I'm often asked "How can you wear two or three layers in weather like this?" or "How are you not burning up??? Take that jacket off!"

I also never wear shorts no matter what and prefer long sleeve shirts (although short sleeves are okay in warm weather). If it were up to me, I would always keep the heat at about 80-85 degrees Fahrenheit when indoors because I like that "toasty" feeling.

One thing I do hate, though, is humidity. I like warmth and heat, but high humidity is awful and almost as bad as freezing whether for me.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 1:27 pm

I recently seem to prefer warm weather on one condition: I can turn on the air-conditioner if I want. Then, I can tolerate heat up to mid 30's if it's dry.

Pip
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jan 2013, 1:44 pm

I am sensitive to temperature in general. For this reason I wear plenty of layers so that when I am too cold one minute and too warm the next, I can adjust accordingly. If I had to choose between the two, I would have to say I prefer cold weather. My hands and feet swell up when it is hot outside.

Recipero bestia intus

lotuspuppy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 1:56 pm

I love cold weather. I think more clearly in the cold. It's about 10 degrees Fahrenheit where I am now, and I love it.

But it must be a dry cold. I lived in the DC area for a few years, and while it got cold, it was always sticky. Of course, summers were way worse.

Chloe33
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 2:07 pm

Surfman wrote:
When I was in South East Asia I noticed how all the Indonesians and Thai's were really skinny
Many times travelling there, I lost weight in the first week as no appetite in the intense heat
Once I dropped a few kilos and was skinny too, I didnt mind the heat that much. I had adapted to the conditions

This is not particular to ASD's as anyone overweight will feel the heat badly.
Equatorial peoples feature very low in ASD's

It is extremely interesting that they don't have a lot of ASDs; they have a lot less pollution and toxic chemicals as compared to us =p

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 2:12 pm

I die in hot weather, but I don't handle cold too well either. At least with the cold I can layer clothing, while with heat it's swimming pool and ice packs. Anything above 80 F and I start sweating and anything below 60 F I'm freezing. I used to handle the cold so much better...

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 Jan 2013, 3:34 pm

My "ideal" range is 7-27 degrees. Optimum is 17.

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 11:50 pm

I get irritable and angry in hot weather, which is unfortunate because I live in SE Texas. Cold weather makes me feel alive. I'd much rather live in a cooler climate. Not an option right now alas... :(

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2013, 2:08 am

swamp coolers and air conditioners are the greatest inventions of all time :hail:

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2013, 3:31 am

I take my tee shirt off, soak it in water, and put it back on. Works brilliant. Sometimes I just throw water over my clothing. People look at my funny when they see me come out of a bathroom all wet

Razgriz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jan 2013, 2:34 pm

I can stand cold much better then warm or hot, but I prefer warm or hot because the cloudy weather during the winter depresses me. I hate the bleached, white light that comes through the clouds, and full spectrum lights just make me depressed instead of cheering me up like they are supposed to.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2013, 2:54 pm

I grew up in Hawaii where the climate is very warm all year around. But then my body has a better tolerance to coldness then your average person so I'd have to say moderate. I've only been exposed to cold weather very seldomly which I didnt have much trouble getting though. I remember my first yr of college, I had a better tolerance to the colder weather then the other people from hawaii who were freezing by Oct. I've walked around in shorts a few occasions below 50. And thats a really big deal when you grew up in a climate that seldomly goes below 60.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 5:39 am

^^^
warm weather would be preferable if it were cool[er].