Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Autisticgamer
Raven
Raven

04 Feb 2013, 6:07 am

http://s1284.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... sort=3&o=0

does anyone know where to find ear defenders like thsese ones?? , they look like from big 5 sporting goods, exept I am in UK and there isn't any shops like that here.
I contacted big 5 on facebook and they didn't reply.

I found the pics on a random website, but there was no information or anything just these pictures on the page.

very noise sensitive and did have similar ones to these that I loved called silencio ones, but they broke.

Ramba_Ral
Raven
Raven

04 Feb 2013, 6:48 am

you can always try hardware stores normally they should be in either the power tool section or the tools section. if you can't find them in the hardware store try a sporting goods store.

answeraspergers
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 6:54 am

These are industrial ones

You should try a health and safety supplier

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 8:01 am

I Googled around and found a couple of sites with some heavy duty looking ones that are in the UK. Here they are.

Uttings.Co.UK - ear defenders.

SafetyStock.co.uk - ear defenders

I hope you can find something there that works for you. Some of them are really expensive, but if you are very sensitive, it's probably worth paying that much. Good luck!

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Autisticgamer
Raven
Raven

04 Feb 2013, 12:33 pm

Ramba_Ral wrote:
you can always try hardware stores normally they should be in either the power tool section or the tools section. if you can't find them in the hardware store try a sporting goods store.

there isn't any around where I live in the UK
there is a "hardware" place but they don't sell any
and there is a "sporting goods" place but in the UK we don't sell guns In shops so they only sell sports clothes not shooting acessories

Autisticgamer
Raven
Raven

04 Feb 2013, 12:35 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
I Googled around and found a couple of sites with some heavy duty looking ones that are in the UK. Here they are.

Uttings.Co.UK - ear defenders.

SafetyStock.co.uk - ear defenders

I hope you can find something there that works for you. Some of them are really expensive, but if you are very sensitive, it's probably worth paying that much. Good luck!

thank you for the links

I am after ones like the pictue

but thank you for the links

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 1:10 pm

Autisticgamer, I understand you are a Brit and aren't fortunate enough to be able to own firearms, but the best ear plugs I've found are designed to be used with shooting weapons. In fact, I have earplugs that will allow in the human voice and nothing else. If something like this would work for you, I would recommend googling American firearms sites' and looking at ear protection.

Ramba_Ral
Raven
Raven

04 Feb 2013, 1:35 pm

Autisticgamer wrote:
Ramba_Ral wrote:

and there is a "sporting goods" place but in the UK we don't sell guns In shops so they only sell sports clothes not shooting acessories

Hardware stores Like Ace or home depot carry them though i realize you don't have similar hardware shops as i do. assuming "hardware" was meant for firearms is rather stupid. i question if your simply trolling or actually made an attempt to search.

i don't know if you were trying to be smart or just an ignorant person. i was trying to assist. if you wish to be a jerk that's fine.

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st ... ber=394337

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_nos ... +defenders

ral31
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Feb 2013, 1:53 pm

Methinks you read too quickly Ramba. He was thinking "sporting goods" stores might have ear protection as a shooting accessory. I would agree with his assumption. No trolling, just misunderstanding.

Ramba_Ral
Raven
Raven

04 Feb 2013, 1:57 pm

ral31 wrote:
Methinks you read too quickly Ramba. He was thinking "sporting goods" stores might have ear protection as a shooting accessory. I would agree with his assumption. No trolling, just misunderstanding.

it's a habit i'm incapable of destroying. i still find it strange that he/she hasn't bothered to search all available venues besides brick and mortar shops.

Autisticgamer
Raven
Raven

04 Feb 2013, 2:06 pm

Ramba_Ral wrote:
ral31 wrote:

it's a habit i'm incapable of destroying. i still find it strange that he/she hasn't bothered to search all available venues besides brick and mortar shops.

in the UK no such shops exist there is one place that sells DIY items, and they don't sell ear protection.

in the UK ear defenders are only associated with DIY handling loud tools.

business for major DIY companys isn't very good here and many of them have closed down. I did go to one of the only remaning types avalible in the UK and they don't have any for sale.

I did "bother" to look
I have a linked picture of the ones I am looking for, I am after ones like the ones I have a link to in the picture they are an American brand (I know big 5 is a americna) company, I have looked all over the internet and this picture is the best I found, I watched a video of a boy with autism wearing them (search cdfoakly or kggcount in youtube) I have asked them repeatedly where they bought them they only told me "big 5"
I have looked all over the internet for these brand of ear defenders and the linked picture is the best ive found and been searching for at least a year now, I posted bevause some people on here are American and might have some ideas.

Autisticgamer
Raven
Raven

04 Feb 2013, 2:08 pm

ral31 wrote:

in the UK ear defneders are only accosiated with building and DIY there is no such thing as finding them in a place like a sports shop in this country.

Autisticgamer
Raven
Raven

04 Feb 2013, 2:12 pm

Ramba_Ral wrote:
Autisticgamer wrote:
Ramba_Ral wrote:

Hardware stores Like Ace or home depot carry them though i realize you don't have similar hardware shops as i do. assuming "hardware" was meant for firearms is rather stupid. i question if your simply trolling or actually made an attempt to search.

i don't know if you were trying to be smart or just an ignorant person. i was trying to assist. if you wish to be a jerk that's fine.

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st ... ber=394337

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_nos ... +defenders

I was not being a jerk at all I am sorry if you misunderstood what I replied with.
I was simply telling you ear defenders are not widly sold in the UK.
I notice the links you sent, thank you.
there isn't any homebase stores anywhere near where I am as far as I know the retial shops closed down and they only have a website now,
I don't have a bank card so I cant buy online.

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 4:49 pm

Is there a reason you are looking for specifically this brand of ear defender? It might be easier to help you find others, I checked on big 5s website and they don't sell any that look like that anymore on their website, only ones of other brands (actually the brand I have some of).

If you have some specific requirements that aren't "are this pictured one" then I'd be willing to help try to find a recommendation, but I've looked and can't find that anywhere, it really looks like its not made anymore, which is unfortunate because its the one you wanted. I'm sorry I can't be more help.

Autisticgamer
Raven
Raven

04 Feb 2013, 6:49 pm

Tuttle wrote:
Is there a reason you are looking for specifically this brand of ear defender? It might be easier to help you find others, I checked on big 5s website and they don't sell any that look like that anymore on their website, only ones of other brands (actually the brand I have some of).

If you have some specific requirements that aren't "are this pictured one" then I'd be willing to help try to find a recommendation, but I've looked and can't find that anywhere, it really looks like its not made anymore, which is unfortunate because its the one you wanted. I'm sorry I can't be more help.

thanks for looking at my pic

yes ones like them ore ones very similar

MrStewart
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 7:33 pm

I have a yellow set that I purchased in a hardware store rated for 27 decibels. Did a search for you on Amazon UK and it looks like one of their affiliates sells them online. edit---nevermind

edit--- sorry, I didn't read the bit where you said online purchase isn't an option. Do call around to your local hardware/construction/woodworking shops and see if they have something in stock. I am sure one will as these headphones are required equipment for people who work in construction all over the world. Another place you could try calling is your local airport. The airplane traffic control guys working out on the runways use them too. It's going to be difficult to find the specific brand you had before, but I urge you to consider other brands. All of them have their noise reduction rating listed on the package, so you can make sure you're getting something equally effective.