Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

15 Feb 2013, 9:03 pm

It seems like every time I read through my diagnostic report, something else stands out. I am one messed up person! I discovered in there that I apparently have anhedonia. Is this a common condition for those on the spectrum to have, or is more my schizoid personality?

As part of this, I tend to have sort of a meh attitude towards sex. This, apparently, seems to be atypical, at least among males on the spectrum. So maybe anhedonia is not typical?

Last edited by Tyri0n on 15 Feb 2013, 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 9:10 pm

Could simply be secondary to an ASD, just like schizoid tendencies you have listed.

Lifelong social and emotional isolation can do all sorts of things for emotions (even if you have friends and all that, you'll still probably feel that "alone in a crowd" deal when you have an ASD).

BlackSabre7
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2013, 5:17 am

I don't have it. I love sex, for the sensations, not for the 'feeling close to my partner'. I love fun but I don't enjoy feeling in physical danger. So no roller coasters, they hurt my neck. Nothing too dangerous. I would go up in a hot air balloon though.
I LOVE food for the taste sensations. I really savour nice flavours.
And I like being drunk for the sensation of being dizzy, but not in a crowd or for 'social reasons' or when I feel threatened.

I guess the things that give me pleasure just don't include some of the things that NT's include.