Page 4 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

amerikasend
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jan 2007, 10:23 pm

Joel wrote:
Flagg/amerikasend

so refreshing to be around some like-minded people. North America is overwhelingly religious and it's suffocating.

Do you guys find that many aspies share the hardline athiest approach? At least more common than amongst NT's?

I personally couldn't tell ya if aspies are atheists or not. Yes, North America is kind of religious. It's quite bizarre to me, because I honestly can't comprehend why people believe in this imaginary magical being. Maybe they're delusional, I don't know. It's insane. Perhaps one day I will figure it out, but haven't found out why in my 27 years alive.

aetherlost
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Jan 2007, 12:20 am

Raised humanist with encouragement to explore religions if I felt drawn to them.

I seem to have ended up Discordian.

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2007, 4:11 am

amerikasend wrote:
Joel wrote:
Flagg/amerikasend

so refreshing to be around some like-minded people. North America is overwhelingly religious and it's suffocating.

Do you guys find that many aspies share the hardline athiest approach? At least more common than amongst NT's?

I personally couldn't tell ya if aspies are atheists or not. Yes, North America is kind of religious. It's quite bizarre to me, because I honestly can't comprehend why people believe in this imaginary magical being. Maybe they're delusional, I don't know. It's insane. Perhaps one day I will figure it out, but haven't found out why in my 27 years alive.

Don't worry. Idiots tend to get themselves killed. And usually they do in an entertaining fashion. (Like shoving a firecracker up your *** and lighting it, TRUE STORY)

SusyQ
Raven
Raven

31 Jan 2007, 10:15 am

I am a believer. Christ has saved me from my sin and everyday draws me closer into a relationship with him. I fail him everyday, yet he still loves me. The knowledge that he has a plan for my life and that he is coming soon keeps me going in times of trial. Nathan, you are right in that AS draws one closer to God, and that he has a reason for giving it to us.
It grieves me deeply today that many "Christians" focus too much on the forms of religon and not on building a relationship with Christ. He is so real, so precious, yet you can't get an inkling of it by going to most churches. It's not easy to follow Christ, but it's more than worth it!!

etg1701
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Jan 2007, 10:31 am

Quote:
I think my higher-than-usual sex drive has eroded a lot of my spirituality (because of the rules against premarital sex).

Heh, same here. I figure that if my handicaps are going to hold me back, why let unnecessary rules contribute to the problem. For the most part, my agnosticism is motivated by a lack of evidence, though. I don't actively disbelieve, but I don't see any reason to believe. My mother is a firm Christian, though, who says that if I converted back and prayed sincerely for an end to my condition, God might actually do it. Of course, to me, that sounds like a kind of extortion "Devote yourself entirely to me and I might consider removing this syndrome I gave you".