Have you ever experienced a bizarre "Hyperspace" ?

Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2013, 9:46 pm

with what you've describes as everything looking vivid and more colorful and feeling connected to everything, i've felt that way before too. it's a pretty interesting feeling. one time I was in this one area out in the country in Florida and I completely felt connected to the entire area I was at and it was an amazing experience. with regard to sound, i sometimes sound will feel so vivid that the sounds almost become physical objects that I can touch and see, like actual things flying around inside my head. with regard to time, i've had experiences where things seem longer or shorter and inconsistent. i don't ever consider these bad experiences they often are directly connected to joy. I usually feel more open during these experiences.

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

hemocyanin
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Mar 2013, 10:56 pm

Mindsigh wrote:
I don't recall any experiences with ultra-sharp hearing as a child. I did (and still do) sometimes hear a tone in my ears like the tone they play in hearing tests or a TV test pattern. It's not tinnitus, because I have that too. It comes on suddenly and lasts for about a minute, then fades out.

I get that, but I always thought it was tinnitus. I do have ringing in my ears, but it is faint. I only notice it in the quietest places and then, any sound, even just two fingers lightly rubbed together will make it go away. But every now and then, I'll get a loud tone, exactly like you described -- a sort of electronic tone. For me, it usually lasts only four or five seconds and the goes away. Anyway, do you have any search terms for this if it isn't tinnitus?

BlackSabre7
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2013, 2:37 am

My thoughts, when I saw that stroke video, were that some of us had the 'hyperspace' experience, (without drugs), and some of seem to be very left-brain. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I read somewhere that even though lack of myelination is known to be associated with autism, aspergers has not been found to have an observable brain pathology - or something like that.
I will hunt around for accurate information rather than vague recollections, but when I saw that video, it seemed like a left-brain, right-brain flip-flop, at least for me, and I wondered what role the corpus callosum, which joins the two halves, might play.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 3:40 am

hmm I experienced something similar to when I was at the age of 10.

briankelley
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 5:41 am

I'd get that visually too. I'd be staring at a flower or a bug or something and it would suddenly zoom in and fill my vision. I remember being able to see everything in incredibly sharp detail. Sometimes at home I'd stare at something across the room and it would fill my vision and I could see minute details. I'd sort of go into a trance over it and have to be snapped out of it by someone. I remember my dad used to say, "where did you go?" in a nice way.

One day when I was about 9, there was a tree with a hollow spot that had a funnel web in it. It zoomed in and I became mesmerized. Next thing a knew a few kids were attacking me. My guess is they were there for a while observing what a zombie I was being. They pushed me to the ground and tried to make me eat dirt, but fortunately I could holler really loud, like a siren screaming, so they let go and took off.

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 4:43 pm

It seems to be the same experience for us.. I wonder if any scientific or medical research on this particular non-drug related "sensory trip" has been done? What exactly is the medical / scientific explanation for this "hyperspace" sensory thing? Is it definitely a part of Aspergers Syndrome / Autism Spectrum? Or could it be something else? Well, I guess there is no definite answer yet. Not that I have investigated much.. But I will keep my eyes open..

Chloe33
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 9:14 pm

There have been times in the past where i had been outside at night in the woods with all my canine daughter and all our senses fine honed, at night it's quiet so any sounds appear loud and it just feels my senses have kicked in sharper. I have no idea if its a survival thing. I'm sure Special Ops feel it at night going on a mission..

When i was a child i was born with bad lungs and got sick a lot. When i was around 4 years old there was 2 different medicines the doctor gave my mom that made me hallucinate. All i remember was seeing a rocking horse where it wasn't and my mother said i kept saying there was a little boy i saw climbing curtains. Also i seemed to think that marines were tadpoles dressed in battle fatigues and saw them marching up my guardrail on my bed.

That aside when young at night i would often see different patterns in the dark, the patterns would change and also there would be dots of colors that would travel almost in schools of fish style until out of view. This is all before i was 7 years old.
I'm not sure if it's the pre existing HFA or the meds at different times (if not prescription from doc over the counter with dxm) my mother also gave me the dxm cough meds. I would get very ill and have a fever and i would be catatonic at this point every time as it would be my mom and grandma and possibly the neighbor mom who lived upstairs in aprt to try and bring my fever down. I had to have cold clothes or ice and i hate being cold. I'd end up catatonic yet i'm not sure if it was the situation or the cough syrup.
Everytime i had that cough syrup i had the same dream of trying to eat my pillow. I would try and eat my pillow and it would keep being more pillow so i never could eat the whole pillow...