Page 4 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

kaiyo123
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Oct 2021, 8:48 am

its kinda of weird in some ways i feel younger but another part of me feels older.im 26 but i feel like i relate to people either way younger than me or way older than me.its kinda weird when i think about it.
its like im too young and too old at the same time lol!

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 2:36 pm

I wouldn't have said that I feel younger because I don't know how people are meant to feel at my age to be honest. I'm 48.

My bf said that he loves how I have a childlike enthusiasm about me for exploring things so maybe there's a certain aspect of me that has never grown up.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 2:43 pm

Very much.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 2:46 pm

I feel often quite younger than my peers. I don't really feel different from how I felt at 11-12. I find being around allistic peers to be super weird and that it makes me uncomfortable.

Wornhat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Oct 2021, 3:25 pm

I’ve always generally felt a bit “behind” everyone in my age group. Like i develop slower, but not physically, and not really mentally either, I think more emotionally. I’ve felt that throughout my life, I’ve been given a bit extra time to work through certain emotions than what I think ‘normal’ people do. But I think this is like a bell curve, I think the extra attention paid while you’re younger (and fully accepting the magnitude of your naïveté) manifests itself later in life as a much greater and deeper understanding of what we call Reality, and the ways we interact with each other.

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 7:05 pm

Yes, they treat me like it too.

Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 9:41 pm

I relate better to people older than me. In my age (mid-30s) it's all about career & family whereas older people tend to reflect on life in general and how to find meaning and satisfaction therein. They are more comfortable being themselves and more humble.

I can't relate to young people for the life of me. They seem to have been given brains from a parallell universe.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 11:11 pm

I feel younger than my peers.

Partially because I cannot let it go.
Partially because it is developmental delay.

And partially because I know that my own management levels are not par enough yet.
Because as an individual, I'm harder to manage than my own peers handle themselves.

My peers don't need to watch their stress levels, senses, and do the thinking very manually then be their merry way into productivity.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2021, 4:05 am

I get on perfectly fine with people of my own age. One of my friends said to me once that I will never get old. I'm not sure if she meant that she will never get tired of me or if she meant that I will never grow up.

I feel like i have grown up though but just in a different way.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2021, 4:20 am

Socially - yes (aspergers. nuff said.)
Intellectually - no (my conceit stems from mental wasteland from which i grew up and still encounter)
Physically -yes (i kinda got boyish youthful looks)
Personality - yes&no (i can act immature and at the same time more sophisticated mentally than my peers)

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2021, 4:40 am

for most of my childhood it was a mixed thing, immature in many ways but much older than my peers because of my role as scapegoat as well as family caretaker. In some things I was carrying adult responsibilities and in others I barely had social function or insight into life. (autism kept me from understanding so much in "real time"). I have been told I don't look or act my age (70 this year). Not sure if that's good or bad, or maybe a mix like so much of real life.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Wornhat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Oct 2021, 1:55 pm

autisticelders wrote:
I have been told I don't look or act my age

Must be because you’re not acting

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2021, 3:39 pm

In some ways I feel younger. Examples:. No relationship, entry level job

In some ways I feel older. Exhausted all the time. Lost interest in everything a long time ago.

simonthesly74
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Oct 2021, 8:10 am

As of age 18, not so far. I have heard that Aspies often feel older/more mature than their peers as kids and younger/less mature than their peers as adults, so we’ll see if that happens with me.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 8:27 pm

I used to feel in my first couple of decades that life was moving along far too quickly, and that I was always well behind in terms of emotional maturity. During my early to mid teens at school, my peers always seemed to revel in trying to appear 'grown up', whereas I just wanted the whole thing to slow down and give me a chance to catch up. Then in the sixth form (ages 16-18) all the emphasis was on preparing to go to university and enter the world of adulthood, but I just wanted to adjust to the whole idea of becoming a teenager. My headmaster called me in and told me he was entering me for Oxford University, but I couldn't actually relate to this or get excited about it, though that's where I ended up anyway.

Now here I am, born in the late 1950s, and playing videogames is still one of the main things in my life. Had a half-hearted attempt at a 'career' for a decade or two, but never really saw the point of it, nor could I get interested in most of the other 'milestones' of adult life (marriage, family, etc). My 'peers' are middle class people in their early 60s, but I have very little in common with them in terms of lifestyle, attitudes and all the rest of it. Don't really give a damn about any of this anymore, lol.

Redpaws
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Nov 2021, 5:17 am

Yeah, I feel much younger than my peers. I even look younger too, and when I see ppl my age, I can't help but notice how old they look and often appear as well in comparison. In some areas there is a level of milestones not reached, but in other ways I'm glad I feel younger. I think I've felt I've been at the same age on the inside for most of my life really.

1986 wrote:
I can't relate to young people for the life of me. They seem to have been given brains from a parallell universe.
:lol:
Dude, are you really implying that young people have brains!? :P

(Just kidding)

No terror, no war. No sympathy for terrorists or their supporters and sympathizers