17 Mar 2013, 12:25 pm

I detest cleaning too :cry:

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 12:26 pm

nessa238 wrote:
Verdandi wrote:
Oh, I wouldn't say reversed. I'd say there's less likelihood of compliance or seeing a reason for compliance.

To a certain extent it's impossible to comply anyway - you are how you were born

Not sure how I feel this generally. I do not find myself tomboyish at all. I dress real sporty (its comfy ok? girly clothes are itchy and weird to wear) but I love girl colors like purple and pink (although I have always debated the idea of colors having genders they dont even have bodies I mean PLANTS have genders and no one buys that but they buy colors being gender-centric). I like colors and music and stuffed animals . . . and I also like creepy stuff, and I find girls and guys cute (i am not really attracted to a specific gender? no idea about this? I usually like the person anyways not cause of whats attached to them). I forgot what I was going with this when i started drawing in my mind (figuratively). Plus I got a very girly voice.

Good grief I turn 30 in two months! . . . and still people think I am a minor. I gotta remember to get my id out on my bday so I can actually GET some vodka? -_-

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 12:34 pm

Callista wrote:
Verdandi wrote:
Oh, I wouldn't say reversed. I'd say there's less likelihood of compliance or seeing a reason for compliance.
I agree with you. I think we just don't soak up the gender role expectations the way most kids do. Even NT kids can be gender-atypical, even transgender. Autistic ones haven't even got the push of society to put us into the "proper" little boxes.

i would agree. though more autistic people might have gender incoherence than NT people on average, i think there might be a variety of reasons for it.