Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2013, 10:44 am

Anyone knows ways too make aspie friends online.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2013, 11:02 am

To have a friend you need to be a friend to others

ie you have to be supportive of and friendly towards others and sometimes your personality clicks with that of another person

It can't be forced though

dyingofpoetry
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2013, 11:11 am

Well, this is one place, but a lot of Wrong Planet members aren't willing to chat outside of this site, so if you have a Facebook account, you can also try looking up some of the many autism-oriented groups there. I belong to a few myself.

Sliceracer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Mar 2013, 11:38 am

you could join my Skype group if u like, theres 14 of us that all felt the same as you do

Urist
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Mar 2013, 12:50 pm

Chat with people on forums like this and start PMing them if you feel you want to keep talking. Maybe use Skype after awhile, as Sliceracer suggested. I'd be okay with you messaging me, if you like.

Kuribo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Mar 2013, 1:10 pm

There are many Facebook groups for people on the spectrum who'd like to make friends.

There are also friend request threads here I believe, but many of us are shy, so often, it's better to just be confident and PM a member you'd like to talk to. Generally, WP is a very large community for discussion and support, so it may be worth trying smaller, more tightly-knit Autism forums such as Aspies Central, where friendship is a bigger focus.

I'm open to PMs too...

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2013, 2:16 pm

Stop looking for aspies and start looking for mutual interests. Go google your favourite interests and find some forums/online communities and join them, discuss what interests you. Chances are you'll find another aspie or two or more on the boards, possibly diagnosed and self aware, possibly undiagnosed and oblivious.. But chances are good that if you find others as into your interest and regularly posting online that they're might just be aspies.. And if they're not, so what? You still may make a friend w/ a common interest you can enjoy discussing together.

AspergerGamer64
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Mar 2013, 2:41 pm

find an interest you both like and exchange pm about it

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2013, 2:44 pm

AspergerGamer64 wrote:
find an interest you both like and exchange pm about it
Agreed. If they are into something you're into, AND if they would like to socialize about it, then you could send e-mails back and forth or chat on IM or such.

Don't take it personally if people don't reply to you, though. This is an ASD forum, and it's likely that they are just doing that because they have their quota of socialization met, and they know that if they do any more socializing they'll just tire themselves out. I think that's a smart decision; they're taking care of themselves.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com