Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 1:36 pm

I am usually told I have AS but its mild or I dont have it but I have traits. AS has never made it on my official diagnosis. But the last two ddoctors I asked and these are doctors I have seen for a while said they dont know if i have it or not and a diagnosis isnt important in my case because the focus is on my mood disorder.

So what do i do? I have been struggling with the question if im on the spectrum for years and it would explain my childhood meltdowns, bad social skills and obsessiveness that can get extreme.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

briankelley
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 2:04 pm

You could try getting tested by a university psychology department. Seems if one didn't get diagnosed as small child, they're less likely do make one when you're older.

Have you tried the Aspie Quiz?
http://www.rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php

You might just have to settle for self dx.

I took it for kicks. I scored 175 out of 200 for Aspergers and 41 out of 200 for NT. I'd say, outside of extensive tests I had when I was age 8 into my teens, that it's mighty darn likely I'm in the spectrum :lol:

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 3:25 pm

Angnix wrote:
I am usually told I have AS but its mild or I dont have it but I have traits. AS has never made it on my official diagnosis. But the last two ddoctors I asked and these are doctors I have seen for a while said they dont know if i have it or not and a diagnosis isnt important in my case because the focus is on my mood disorder.

So what do i do? I have been struggling with the question if im on the spectrum for years and it would explain my childhood meltdowns, bad social skills and obsessiveness that can get extreme.

As you are female, it's highly likely that you are yet another victim of the lack of expertise in females on the spectrum. Google asperger's and females and you will find so much information on this huge problem that exists.

DX AS & both daughters on the autistic spectrum