Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 2:00 pm

While I don't like bathing much at all, I still have to do it in the mornings. :P I detest showers the most, so I take baths instead! :)

SpongeBobRocksMao!

ALacount
Toucan
Toucan

31 Dec 2009, 4:33 pm

I haven't taken a bath for years... I find them dirty... but I want to shower every day, yet my parents claim that it is unnecessary and try to make me have on every other day. I hate being sweaty, or feeling dirty... I have just been told off actually, for taking a shower today, when I had one yesterday...

polarity
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 5:34 pm

For just a few minutes step outside the human species, and see just how utterly mental it is to bathe/shower, in hot water, with soaps and other chemical cleaning products, EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Humans are fricking insane.

No other species on the planet has that urge to constantly purge themselves of the oils their skin and hair produces naturally, in order to remain healthy, or to remove the scents that allow members of a societal group to identify with each other.

One of the most noticable things about unfamiliar/ smells, is how you don't notice them at all after a few minutes of acclimatisation, unless they are really rancid and unsavory (and a real health issue, that warrants our awareness), and yet adverts on TV and in magazines, etc. brainwash people into thinking that the slightest little smell is unhealthy.

Step outside the box for a second, stop thinking like a brainwashed human sat in the middle of a sea of advertising, and think for yourself for a change.

Are all those chemicals in any way natural? Healthy? Good for the planet? Is heating and purifying all that water particularly carbon neutral, sustainable, economical?

Why do you feel the need to shower every day, and what is it that makes you want to do something that would never occur to any species, without someone wanting them to do it, and subliminally encouraging them to do it, so they could be sold soap, shower gel, razors, and an endless succession of cleaning and grooming products? How long until Gillette or Wilkinson Sword come out with a 5 or 6 bladed disposable razor? How many more hair products are going to claim that they produce healthy looking hair, when the easiest way to get healthy looking hair is to stop washing it so often that your scalp has to produce more grease that you only end up washing out, in it's attempts to keep your hair naturally oiled and healthy?

I thought this was a forum for aspies. You know, people who don't just follow the herd, and are capable of independant thought, but so far almost everyone has shown that they're perfectly happy to go along with the crazy NT way of doing things.

OK so there's a sensory side to being unclean, but I bet you wouldn't even think about it, if you weren't made to think about it.

There's a name given to some people, 'domesticated primates'.

Be an educated primate, an enlightened primate, or a learned primate, but whatever you do, don't be a domesticated primate, because then, no matter what your political leanings, you're nothing more than an animal to be used.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 5:51 pm

Yes i definitely have a shower but i just don't like doing it.. Especially the cold drift so i avoid showers and have a bath instead :D i guess that's better than not having a bath/shower at all? :lol:

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 6:34 pm

I have the world's driest skin, and a hot water heater which seems to never actually provide hot water when I want it, so I only take a shower every few days. I do try to give the ol' pits and bits a once-over with a washcloth if that seems necessary. I like the idea of baths, but our bathtub is small, and doesn't have a sloping end, that lets you lie comfortably. You have to sit upright and freeze your shoulders, or lie with your head in the water and knees freezing. Nice visual image, huh? When I was younger, I showered once or twice a day, because I got oily and sweaty. Now, I just don't seem to.

My AS son has major sensory issues with water. He says it's like a painful itch. Also, if it's hot enough to feel okay on his skin, then it overheats him and he gets nauseated. Then when the water is turned off, he freezes, so much that he has trouble drying himself. I don't have that kind of problem, but I sympathize.

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 8:55 pm

I NEED a shower every night before I go to bed. It's my routine. If I don't do it I sit in bed awake thinking about the shower and how I need one. It has to be right before I go to bed too. If I have a shower a few hours earlier than that because I need a haircut or something I still need one before I go to bed.

That's one of my more inflexible routines.

tektek
Bronze Supporter
Bronze Supporter

01 Jan 2010, 5:51 am

speeding_bullet wrote:
how important is regular bathing to you?

i shower and wash my hair twice daily... i floss, rinse, and brush twice daily... i cut my fingernails once a week, toenails ever second week... during the working week i will shave my beard/stubble every other day (weekends are an exception)... haircuts occur every four to six weeks.

for me not being able to bath is on par with torture... not starting the day clean would be as rude a shock as being without coffee 8O.