Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Ekor
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 May 2013, 9:01 am

You should consume lentils, spinach and foods with high folate.
You should also consume 1-2 brazilian nuts a day because of their selenium content.

These two nutrients are excellent for minimizing autoimmunity so you can continue to have your dairy.

alakazaam
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 May 2013, 2:43 pm

I can't wait to have dinner soon.

PrncssAlay
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 May 2013, 2:48 pm

thegreataturn wrote:
I have to eat a cheese sandwich every day ... It's just about the only thing I can eat most days , that and beans

You are making me hungry. Think I'll go cook some zucchini, topped with lots of butter and parmesan cheese. :D

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2013, 2:56 am

Yeah, it does get better. Not magically, mind you - it gets better because you learn to make it better. Despite your learning disabilities, you are learning to cope all the time, even though it may be so gradual that you don't notice it day-to-day. It's only when you look a few years back that you realise "hey, I couldn't do that before and now I can".

Part of that is learning to focus on what you can do and building on that. I don't mean this in the usual NT sense of "pretend everything is great when it isn't". I think it's good to acknowledge your weaknesses - just don't stop at that. Look for things you can do, too. For example, you said you cannot write, except on a computer - but most writers today do use a computer. Your writing here looks just fine. I wouldn't have known you have dyslexia if you didn't say so. That's one disability you've found a way to work around. (That's not the same as not having the disability, I know - but it is a way.)

As for not having friends or a boyfriend, that's something most aspies struggle with. If you're a good-looking girl that's a major positive right there - the boyfriends will come looking for you. Finding a good boyfriend may be another story, but at least you should have some to choose from. It could have been much worse: you could have been an aspie guy... and not good-looking. ;) Having a good, supportive family is also a big plus that, for one, could only wish for. You're lucky in that respect. I learnt to be self-reliant from an early age, but sometimes I wish I didn't have to be all the time.

Popsicle
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2013, 3:05 am

What about home schooling or being tutored?

Also some of the richest most 'successful' (in society's eyes) people did not attend or did not finish college. Some did not even finish high school.

It might not be ideal but it is not an absolute shut door in the path of your success.

sixteenornumber
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 May 2013, 7:39 am

Kaelynn wrote:
I have just about every learning disablity one can have; I also have aspergers. I am going to be in 11th grade next year and can probably only do 4th grade work. We have looked at every program for specail ed in our area and the bottom line is, I can either do the work; or I can't. It's just that simple. To give you an idea of what I mean when I say my brain hates itself this is what it's like for me:
I'm dyslexic. Thats ok, I can have my school books read to me! Nope. I also have just about no short term memory so I won't remember what is read to me by the next day. But who needs reading? I could specailize in math! Nope. I have dyscaluia. Who needs math? I could be a writter! Not unless it's on a computer, I have dysgraphia. AND on top of all this...I CAN'T PAY ATTENTION! I have ADHD. Who needs school? I could have friends or even a boyfriend! Nope. I have aspergers syndrome. I sometimes don't even remember to look people in the eyes. Couldn't I just be happy with my good family and the fact I can drive my car? I could, but I have depression. I HATE THIS!! !! !! !! I want to be smart! I want to have friends and a boy friend! The only good thing about me is I am not the worst looking person to walk the planet. With long blonde hair, brown eyes and a tall slim body I look like a totally normal person. Maybe even better than a normal person. But what good is that if I can't even graduate high school? I want to do somthing important with my life. I could discover a new planet by working for NASA. Or maybe I could own a biuiness. Maybe I could work in DC and be in charge of public education. Or I could be a therapist for autistic kids. I could even start my own school! But in all honesty, I can't do these things. Who will even consider hiring me if I didn't graduate high school and didn't go to collage. I'm not stupid and I'm not ret*d but I might as well be because I will look no better on paper than someone who is. So is that just it for me? If I don't look good on paper does that mean I have to work at a place like walmart for the rest of my life?

I call BS! Your writing ability in the quoted text above looks better than mine did at your age. That's at least one thing you seem to be decent at.